Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savvy
    • By savvy 4th Aug 09, 11:21 AM
    • 29,692Posts
    • 45,315Thanks
    savvy
    Making Cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (Part 3)
    • 4th Aug 09, 11:21 AM
    Making Cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (Part 3) 4th Aug 09 at 11:21 AM
    Welcome to the Card Craft thread where there are many members who are new to card making as well as the more experienced members who love helping others out on their path to making cards. If you are new to this craft please do post and somebody will be along with some advice for you

Please note this thread is now a continuation of an original thread on making cards - Part 1, and the second thread - Part 2 it may be a good idea to look these first for advice
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm

I'm a volunteer Board Guide on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, I can move & change posts, but don't read them all, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones
Page 85
    • rainmac
    • By rainmac 28th Aug 09, 7:18 PM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac
    New fall tilda stamped images

...let me know if you sell anything stamped wise, I'm always up for a challenge... which stamped image will I ruin next? LOL

Today been poo here's hoping I get a good day in the next 3 or I'll scream and scream and scream until I'm sick hehehe

*ninja hugs* and if I'm not back all have a really good bank holiday weekend, or as good as you possibly can!

xxxxxx
    Originally posted by Myzdamena
    Why have you had such a poo day, do you want to talk about it...? Come on, tell us how you feel, might help? x
    If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain
  • Myzdamena
    LOL thanks but mostly health stuff I can't do anything about right now

It's just then that people decide to dump things on you isn't it? Twice today I have been laying in bed while someone at the other end of the phone sapped my strength ... my fault I guess I neglected to mention I felt so poo...

....the screaming reference was sposed to sound like a petulant child like that one in Just William... I'll thcweam and thcweam until I'm thick hehe... not a cry for help hehe

Nothing wrong with me that a few days chill won't fix but thanks When I'm up to it going to do a marathon colouring in session with Little Myz.... of a small proportion of the 10 million stamped images craftygranny sent us

.....we *love* her ... she should be SuperGran hehe....

Nighty night time for bed... *more ninja hugs for everyone before I go*

xxxxxxx
    A-well-a bird, bird, bird...b-bird's the word
  • pinkladymel
    Just to let everyone know that www.sillymonkeycrafts.co.uk has got some aqua promarkers in for just 18p in their silly sale! There is also some faux lead glass paint for the person who was asking about peel offs the other day.

Sorry I haven't been around for a bit but I had a load of work to get through and the house is being completely overhauled. Hopefully once Emily starts nursery and things settle down I can do some more crafting to show you!

Hope everyone is ok
    Self Certified Christmas Addict
  • furrypig
    Aww I wish I had red hair!! ... OH can get quite ginger and when DD was born the first thing I said when I saw her was Oh no she hasn't got red hair!! lol my mum will never let me live that down!
    Just to add I would never charge people off here for stamped images. I will happily send them to anyone that wants them lol ... I aint that evil, I am just trying to make a few pennies. They are listed now so fingers crossed I will sell some, but then I am also hoping I don't get loads on one night

My ebay is here Furry http://shop.ebay.co.uk/tiers4rears/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

My random items of selling but hey they bring in loads of money for me £233 worth of sales in the last 30 days
    Originally posted by RustyFlange
    Well done on your ebay sales Rusty that is really really good!!!

Thanks for your ebay link will have a nosey soon!! Watch out we may all be putting orders in for the stamps now.

Ooh this pc is annoying some of the letters stick so have to check my spelling etc all the time!!! Must get on lappy so I can chillax and get on msn to catch up with post op pal!!
  • furrypig
    I am home..

Thankyou everyone for your well wishes.. Im VERY achey and have abit of a headache with anesthetic. Ive read the threads today but cant remember half of what ive read a job for tomorrow i think

I really want to stamp my new magnolias, but not sure i will be able to one hand stamp :confused: I still might try later ... What a great day for them to arrive, just when i needed cheering up ... The naughty spendy elf bought me a lovely set of nesties this morning... I was 5 minutes late for hospital ( had to be there at 11.30 ) Serves me right for ringing telling Rusty to go track down her postman

Furrypig. Thankyou for the beautiful card that arrived this morning too xx

Right off to put my feet up xx
    Originally posted by chocolate.orange
    So glad you are back and recovering sending u lotsa virtual hugs xxxx

Very exciting news re u and Rusty having the latest Magnolia stamps what a pair you are!! Right up there with all the trendy stampers in fact ahead of all the trendy stampers as you are the first ones to nab them!! Soooo looking forward to seeing what you colour/craft n create xxx
  • furrypig
    Sounds like the spending elves have been working on overdrive today - I've just pre-ordered 12 of the new promarkers from here for 20.82 - the promarkers are 1.60 each, and postage was 1.62!!!
    http://www.secretcrafter.co.uk/index.php?page=4&act=viewCat&catId=70

choccy - hope you recover soon.
    Originally posted by melissa75

Okay I need someone (o loads of u!!) to explain to me why promarkers are so fab! I bought whispers pens after watching PLM's tutorial on how to use them and really like them if I use them with an aqua brush. Why are promakers so good and do you just colour with them or is it more complicated?? I think they are prob better for skin tones than the whispers but need to know more. I like simple so promarkers may help me!!

From the stamped image colouring novice xxx
  • furrypig
    Rusty - especially for you and the other people who want to join...the Thrifty Gifty Money Making Challenge Part 2.
    Originally posted by jamtart6

Ooh missed this to begin with will go and have a look in a mo thanks Jamster xxx
    • jamtart6
    • By jamtart6 28th Aug 09, 7:46 PM
    • 8,650 Posts
    • 25,443 Thanks
    jamtart6
    Oonie hope you get better soooon

That is a very silly summer sale! Great prices. thanks 4 link !

Being Thrifty Gifty again this year

• furrypig
    Hello everyone!
    Well last night I had fun colouring in some of the lovely christmas images sent to me from Craftygranny I'm loving my Sakura pens at the moment!
    Originally posted by hels102
    Ok doI need Sakura pens too???? I know the Bibby loves them and I did buy one at the nec and have lost it(don't ask!!) but what are they used for?? She seems to use them a lot for peel offs but not really tried that any ideas??

the peel off colouring virgin xxx
  • paddingtondoo
    Make sure you rest lots choccy - let the elves take the strain
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended

• furrypig
    Just to let everyone know that www.sillymonkeycrafts.co.uk has got some aqua promarkers in for just 18p in their silly sale! There is also some faux lead glass paint for the person who was asking about peel offs the other day.

Sorry I haven't been around for a bit but I had a load of work to get through and the house is being completely overhauled. Hopefully once Emily starts nursery and things settle down I can do some more crafting to show you!

Hope everyone is ok
    Originally posted by pinkladymel
    Must confess to having ordered a couple of bits from there before!

Now tempted to order more!! Thanks !
  • paddingtondoo
    Just a thought rusty - can you squeeze Tilda into your listing title as I search for that rather than magnolia as I can never remember that bit?

• jamtart6
    • By jamtart6 28th Aug 09, 8:13 PM
    • 8,650 Posts
    • 25,443 Thanks
    jamtart6
    Oh dear. The elves made me buy some sale bargains

Being Thrifty Gifty again this year

• rainmac
    • By rainmac 28th Aug 09, 8:20 PM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac
    rainmac your card is now ready to post, but forgot to take a pic, could you take one for me please?
    thank you
    x
    Originally posted by cgcockcroft
    Course I can x
  • Gemm85
    wow I can't believe how busy it's been on here over the past few days, I am really struggling to keep up

fab cards everybody

can someone send some elves my way as I've just been paid but can't seem to find anything I want to buy tonight :confused: I fancy some nice new papers and maybe a few stamps but nothings caught my eye so far, how unusual!
    • rainmac
    • By rainmac 28th Aug 09, 8:32 PM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac
    Oh dear. The elves made me buy some sale bargains
    Originally posted by jamtart6
    What did you buy, what did you buy...???
    • rainmac
    • By rainmac 28th Aug 09, 8:33 PM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac
    wow I can't believe how busy it's been on here over the past few days, I am really struggling to keep up

fab cards everybody

can someone send some elves my way as I've just been paid but can't seem to find anything I want to buy tonight :confused: I fancy some nice new papers and maybe a few stamps but nothings caught my eye so far, how unusual!
    Originally posted by Gemm85
    Give me your money Gemm, I'll have no probs spending it
    • rainmac
    • By rainmac 28th Aug 09, 8:37 PM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac
    Ok doI need Sakura pens too???? I know the Bibby loves them and I did buy one at the nec and have lost it(don't ask!!) but what are they used for?? She seems to use them a lot for peel offs but not really tried that any ideas??

the peel off colouring virgin xxx
    Originally posted by furrypig
    When I started cardmaking years ago I used to stick a silver outline peel off to acetate and colour in the middle with Sakura Gelly Roll Glaze pens. I framed the image and mounted with 3d foam pads onto a card blank. It looked really pretty, sort of stained glass window-esque but I am too in love with papers now to do anything with pens and peel offs
    • rainmac
    • By rainmac 28th Aug 09, 8:38 PM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac
    LOL thanks but mostly health stuff I can't do anything about right now

It's just then that people decide to dump things on you isn't it? Twice today I have been laying in bed while someone at the other end of the phone sapped my strength ... my fault I guess I neglected to mention I felt so poo...

....the screaming reference was sposed to sound like a petulant child like that one in Just William... I'll thcweam and thcweam until I'm thick hehe... not a cry for help hehe

Nothing wrong with me that a few days chill won't fix but thanks When I'm up to it going to do a marathon colouring in session with Little Myz.... of a small proportion of the 10 million stamped images craftygranny sent us

.....we *love* her ... she should be SuperGran hehe....

Nighty night time for bed... *more ninja hugs for everyone before I go*

xxxxxxx
    Originally posted by Myzdamena
    Ok, just wanted to make sure you were ok. If you want to talk please feel free on here or pm me or someone else, we're all mates and here for each other x

Hope you get your chill time x
  • paddingtondoo
    I'm sure we can talk you into parting with some pennies Gemma

Try - here or here

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

150Posts Today

1,556Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Follow Martin