Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 11th Jan 17, 2:57 PM
    • 34Posts
    • 3Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Engie reviews: Give your feedback
    • 11th Jan 17, 2:57 PM
    Engie reviews: Give your feedback 11th Jan 17 at 2:57 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Engie

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 07-09-2017 at 4:11 PM.
Page 2
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 10th Jul 17, 3:31 PM
    • 4,178 Posts
    • 2,427 Thanks
    Hengus
    I switched to Engie Energy having found the deal on MSE and have now received my first bill, to say that I am appalled is an understatement and I have found it necessary to raise a complaint with the company.

The issue is with the gas usage calculation, the bill shows 229m3 used from my own readings which I obviously agree with.

However the problem is with the conversion to kWh. The bill states that “Energy usage is calculated from your gas consumption using a standard industry formula:
    Units consumed (m3) x Volume Correction x Calorific Value / 3.6 = Usage (in kWh)
    For example: 100 x 1.02264 x 39.2 / 3.6 = 1114 kWh"

What it doesn’t say is that the calorific value varies (I am personally aware that it does having paid energy bills for the last 45 years) but most damning of all it doesn’t say what calorific value, i.e. the current one, has been used to calculate the bill.

Consequently, the customer has no idea whether the bill is a rip off or not and is unable to calculate the cost of gas used. Whoever designed a bill which fails to include the current calorific value is downright incompetent, the whole episode creates a very poor impression of Engie when they are unable to produce an intelligible bill.

So beware Engie customers, make sure you check your bills thoroughly and raise a complaint if necessary!
    Originally posted by Tight Tyke
    I wish you well with this one. Your supplier is not the only one not showing the actual CV that has been used. Of note, BG asked for a derogation from this requirement on the basis that this level of detail was not of much interest to consumers. Ofgem did not grant it. Personally, I think that the lack of detail is a breach of the SLC requiring suppliers to provide an explanation of the calculation used to account for temperature; pressure etc on bills. I am not sure that Ofgem are that bothered.
    Last edited by Hengus; 10-07-2017 at 3:35 PM.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 10th Jul 17, 3:33 PM
    • 3,506 Posts
    • 1,398 Thanks
    footyguy
    I switched to Engie Energy having found the deal on MSE and have now received my first bill, to say that I am appalled is an understatement and I have found it necessary to raise a complaint with the company.

The issue is with the gas usage calculation, the bill shows 229m3 used from my own readings which I obviously agree with.

However the problem is with the conversion to kWh. The bill states that “Energy usage is calculated from your gas consumption using a standard industry formula:
    Units consumed (m3) x Volume Correction x Calorific Value / 3.6 = Usage (in kWh)
    For example: 100 x 1.02264 x 39.2 / 3.6 = 1114 kWh"

What it doesn’t say is that the calorific value varies (I am personally aware that it does having paid energy bills for the last 45 years) but most damning of all it doesn’t say what calorific value, i.e. the current one, has been used to calculate the bill.

Consequently, the customer has no idea whether the bill is a rip off or not and is unable to calculate the cost of gas used. Whoever designed a bill which fails to include the current calorific value is downright incompetent, the whole episode creates a very poor impression of Engie when they are unable to produce an intelligible bill.

So beware Engie customers, make sure you check your bills thoroughly and raise a complaint if necessary!
    Originally posted by Tight Tyke
    It's surely not rocket science, particularly of someone with your obviously understanding of energy bills, to work it out.
    All the other factors are known values, and you have obviously been provided with the resultant.

This was something we did in yr7 (then called 1st year) maths; very basic algebra ... and we didn't have the benefit of a massive calculator thingy in front of us back then.
    • rabialiones
    • By rabialiones 7th Sep 17, 12:20 PM
    • 1,704 Posts
    • 210 Thanks
    rabialiones
    hi all, looking at changing from bg collective 2017 oct.
    cec are showing engie, ( i know there are a few threads, which i have scoured).
    considering them cos of the switching to lowest tariff after deal ends. just wondering if anyone has any experience with this supplier as there are no recent posts anywhere.
    and it would save me having to switch annually , when there is little variation in tariffs.
    Nice to save.
    • 2goodwheels
    • By 2goodwheels 13th Sep 17, 12:59 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    2goodwheels
    Customer Service Issues
    Just switched to Engie as BG Collective Fix was coming to an end. I had problems inputting my meter readings so tried to call them , no one answered , so I e mailed. Five days later I got a reply. I complained about response times and they have admitted that they are currently short of staff and are trying to recruit. So although cheaper than BG currently their Customer Service is not as good.
    • LesU
    • By LesU 13th Sep 17, 5:13 PM
    • 330 Posts
    • 154 Thanks
    LesU
    Just switched from SSE to Engie March 2019 fixed. Price was a little more than 1 yr fixed, but I've just got tired of having to do the research and phoning every year. The estimate for the monthly DD came out close to what I expected and was taken on the date as advised.

I also had a problem entering one meter reading. Phoned them up and got a very quick reply on 0800 number. Switch over has been seamless, although SSE electric dragged their heels slightly. I've rung Engie up about a couple of other things and received a fast answer to my call both times, with very cheerful, understandable staff, call centre is in Newcastle, I believe.
    Last edited by LesU; 13-09-2017 at 10:27 PM. Reason: incorrect vendor
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

118Posts Today

1,899Users online

Martin's Twitter