Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    • 612Posts
    • 373Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa
    • 11th Jun 16, 9:59 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa 11th Jun 16 at 9:59 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Iresa

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 26-06-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Page 61
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 12th Sep 17, 8:36 PM
    • 3,825 Posts
    • 1,521 Thanks
    footyguy
    I already have had a complaint against Iresa upheld by the OE: the issue now is that they don't seem to want to get involved in getting Iresa to implement the remedy.
    Originally posted by macman
    Sounds like you possibly need to follow the complaint procedure against the OS.

And/Or simply start legal procedings againsst the supplier, and simply cite the resolution the OS came up with (and you presumably accepted)
    • molerat
    • By molerat 12th Sep 17, 8:44 PM
    • 17,349 Posts
    • 11,522 Thanks
    molerat
    If I look for a new quote for leccy ,IRESA only list the fixed deal.
    Originally posted by brewerdave
    Just tried it - dual fuel fixed and variable, elec fixed only.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • JaneBear
    • By JaneBear 13th Sep 17, 9:36 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JaneBear
    I switched to Iresa on a fixed dual fuel deal. So far, so good - no problems. Regular emails asking for meter readings and confirm direct debit payments going out. Sometimes their website isn't responsive but other than that I'm glad I risked the move to Iresa.
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 13th Sep 17, 9:36 AM
    • 431 Posts
    • 218 Thanks
    Raxiel
    Well, I've not had any major problems with Iresa myself, but I've started a switch back to E.ON.

Hoping I don't get messed around with the transfer or the refund of about £50 in credit for each fuel.

If it goes smoothly, I wouldn't rule out switching back in a year if the price was right. If it goes smoothly.
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 13th Sep 17, 10:31 AM
    • 564 Posts
    • 1,457 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    Well, I've not had any major problems with Iresa myself, but I've started a switch back to E.ON.

Hoping I don't get messed around with the transfer or the refund of about £50 in credit for each fuel.

If it goes smoothly, I wouldn't rule out switching back in a year if the price was right. If it goes smoothly.
    Originally posted by Raxiel
    Same here, no problems with Iresa for our electric for ourselves or an older relative that we helped switch to them.

Still showing that we are on the lowest cost whenever we do a comparison and that their current tariff is the next best one to switch to for our area and consumption. So when it comes to the end of the 1st year contract, very likely to stay with Iresa (unless they put their prices up significantly).

Any contact, via their online contact system, has been answered within a few days; not instant but within a reasonable timescale.
    Rhondda Cynon Taf, 4kWp, W roof, 30° pitch, 16 x 8.33 Eternity 250w E+10 panels, Solar Edge SE4000-16A Inverter + P300 Optimisers & REUK Diverter
    + Toshiba RAS-10G2KVP-E Ultra High Efficiency Air Conditioner/Heat Pump
    • pennywise63
    • By pennywise63 13th Sep 17, 11:10 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    pennywise63
    pennywise63.
    Brexit is being blamed for any price increases everywhere, Not true if you can be bothered to research and shop around .
    • pennywise63
    • By pennywise63 13th Sep 17, 11:16 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    pennywise63
    Brexit is being blamed for any price increases everywhere, Not true if you can be bothered to research and shop around .
    • miniemma
    • By miniemma 13th Sep 17, 1:41 PM
    • 406 Posts
    • 185 Thanks
    miniemma
    Is anyone else still stuck in the same position as I am?

Been with Iresa since February and entered meter readings every month as requested.

Not a single elec reading has been validated! Despite going through the ombudsman (starting in May!!!) who eventually gave Iresa until 30 Aug to sort this out. I rang the ombudsman on 30 Aug who then rang Iresa who basically told them they are 'working on it'! and they were given another 14 days!

What is the point of the ombudsman?
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 13th Sep 17, 4:28 PM
    • 4,555 Posts
    • 2,721 Thanks
    Hengus

Been with Iresa since February and entered meter readings every month as requested.

Not a single elec reading has been validated! Despite going through the ombudsman (starting in May!!!) who eventually gave Iresa until 30 Aug to sort this out. I rang the ombudsman on 30 Aug who then rang Iresa who basically told them they are 'working on it'! and they were given another 14 days!

Originally posted by miniemma
    Report the problem to consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk
    • wavelets
    • By wavelets 13th Sep 17, 8:09 PM
    • 158 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    wavelets
    Report the problem to consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk
    Originally posted by Hengus
    Don't waste your time

Macman's response to me in post#1199 explains why...

Ofgem do not handle consumer complaints. ...
    Originally posted by macman
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 13th Sep 17, 8:59 PM
    • 4,555 Posts
    • 2,721 Thanks
    Hengus
    Don't waste your time

Macman's response to me in post#1199 explains why...
    Originally posted by wavelets
    Ofgem, as the energy Regulator, monitors supplier performance. If people don’t tell them about issues, then they are unlikely to find out. Why do you think Ofgem stopped Iresa from taking on new customers for 3 months?
    • wavelets
    • By wavelets 14th Sep 17, 8:40 AM
    • 158 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    wavelets
    Ofgem, as the energy Regulator, monitors supplier performance. If people don’t tell them about issues, then they are unlikely to find out....
    Suppliers are required to publish all complaint data, so Ofgem have the same access to that as we all do.
    Also, I believe the ombudsman service report data to Ofgem over the complaints they are required to be involved in.

...Why do you think Ofgem stopped Iresa from taking on new customers for 3 months?
    I wasn't aware Ofgem did. The new supplier decided themselves to stop taking on new customers, similar to other new, small suppliers like Flow have done in the past.
    that's what happens sometimes when demand for a new supplier exceeds that expected.
    And you can see why the demand is so strong by consulting any comparison site.

I can't find any evidence to support your allegation on the Ofgem website, can you?
    Thought not ...
    Last edited by wavelets; 14-09-2017 at 8:51 AM.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 14th Sep 17, 8:47 AM
    • 4,555 Posts
    • 2,721 Thanks
    Hengus
    I wasn't aware Ofgem did. The new supplier decided themselves to stop taking on new customers, similar to other new, small suppliers like Flow have done in the past.
    that's what happens sometimes when demand for a new supplier exceeds that expected.
    And you can see why the demand is so strong by consulting any comparison site.

I can't find any evidence to support your allegation on the Ofgem website, can you?
    Thought not ...
    Originally posted by wavelets

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/04/13/uks-cheapest-energy-supplier-closes-doors-new-customers/

If you read Ofgem's Enforcement Guidelines, you will see that Ofgem doesn't always take formal enforcement action to promote a change in supplier behaviour.
    Last edited by Hengus; 14-09-2017 at 8:54 AM.
    • wavelets
    • By wavelets 14th Sep 17, 8:59 AM
    • 158 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    wavelets
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/04/13/uks-cheapest-energy-supplier-closes-doors-new-customers/

If you read Ofgem's Enforcement Guidelines, you will see that Ofgem doesn't always take formal enforcement action to promote a change in supplier behaviour.
    #OldNews
    Already discussed at length in this thread

But thanks for confirming that you were entirely wrong about your allegations that "Ofgem stopped Iresa from taking on new customers for 3 months"
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 14th Sep 17, 10:30 AM
    • 564 Posts
    • 1,457 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    Anyone had a bill this month as it is 11th ? Do you actually get a "bill" as opposed to the short bill in the transactions section ?
    Originally posted by molerat
    Had the message come in overnight that the monthly bill was available. Checked the account this morning, and it is there all correct with the electric readings provided at the end of last month and all charges correct, plus a small amount of interest added to the small credit balance.

Same for the older relative we help and our bills from Zog for gas.
    Rhondda Cynon Taf, 4kWp, W roof, 30° pitch, 16 x 8.33 Eternity 250w E+10 panels, Solar Edge SE4000-16A Inverter + P300 Optimisers & REUK Diverter
    + Toshiba RAS-10G2KVP-E Ultra High Efficiency Air Conditioner/Heat Pump
    • macman
    • By macman 14th Sep 17, 10:31 AM
    • 41,351 Posts
    • 17,001 Thanks
    macman
    Well, I can report that today I finally received an electricity bill from Iresa. It only covers the last month, but it's taken seven and a half months to get this far. Now, my next project is to get them to reduce my DD, since I've built a credit balance of just under £250 across the two accounts...watch this space.
    I would not expect any action to result from reporting a breach to Ofgem, only an acknowledgement, but it can do no harm.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • molerat
    • By molerat 14th Sep 17, 11:03 AM
    • 17,349 Posts
    • 11,522 Thanks
    molerat
    Bill this morning. Broken down into use for each meter reading from January, the ones they bothered to use that is. All correct and up to date. Now just waiting for their response to the ombudsman findings.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 14th Sep 17, 11:23 AM
    • 17,349 Posts
    • 11,522 Thanks
    molerat

Originally posted by miniemma
    Had the same issues, joined them 30th January. Raised it as a formal complaint on line 2nd June, waited 8 weeks - them giving the "working on it" excuse - then raised formal ombudsman complaint 31st July. Last week ombudsman found in my favour, written apology and £75 awarded. Readings and debits did start appearing at the start of this month and my first proper bill has now been issued.
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 14th Sep 17, 12:07 PM
    • 431 Posts
    • 218 Thanks
    Raxiel
    Picked up my August bill, final totals are correct, and while there's still no breakdown to the exact CV, the 'multiplier' printed on the bill is correct for the period, so it looks like its no longer just a placeholder figure.

503 errors ahoy on the website. They really need to either stagger their issuing of bills or ask their hosting provider for additional capacity on bill days.
    • Marigold123
    • By Marigold123 14th Sep 17, 1:31 PM
    • 1,093 Posts
    • 425 Thanks
    Marigold123
    Iresa - So far, I'm impressed
    I'm still in the cooling off period at the moment, but so far I have been impressed. When I phoned them prior to starting my switch I was able to get all the answers I needed clearly and concisely, and was given a clear timescale for the switching process. They take the first direct debit payment a few days before the start of supply, but it's made clear when you sign up, and I'm fine with that.

When I signed up I received a series of extremely prompt emails confirming various details, and I was able to create my online account straight away. When I decided I would prefer my direct debit paid from a different account it was easy to change it online and again I received emails confirming the cancellation of one direct debit and the set up of the new one, very quickly, each giving clear details of the direct debit they referred to.

I found the website clear and easy to navigate, and although when I entered my bank details it said my account number was not correct, (it was), it allowed me to enter the IBAN number instead, and then confirmed the correct account details.

Obviously it's too early to give feedback on billing, but I wanted to share my experience so far, as for this aspect of the switch at least, I have found them to be very efficient and thorough. This isn't to contradict other people's negative experiences, but hopefully they have now fixed, or are fixing, their original issues, even if they have been slow at putting them right for those who have been affected.

Personally, I have had so many screw-ups with energy companies in the past, both on my own behalf and for my mother, with different departments not knowing what the others were doing, outdated systems that didn't communicate properly, human error, system error, long wait times for simple changes and corrections, etc, that I am reassured by the promptness and efficiency of the contacts I have had so far. Whether that continues, it remains to be seen, but as the tariff has no exit fee I can switch to another provider if I really need to.

I hope nobody minds that I have commented before my switch has completed, but I will give more feedback once my supply is fully switched, and again after three months. Fingers crossed!
    A penny saved is a penny gained
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

226Posts Today

1,268Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin