Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Shopping & Freebies > Quick! Grabbit while you can > It's Gone, but was it any good? > Britax b-lite pushchair in neon black at halfords... (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Britax b-lite pushchair in neon black at halfords 35.00
Closed Thread
Views: 3,123
# 1
berylthebargainhunter
Old 17-03-2012, 12:01 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Britax b-lite pushchair in neon black at halfords 35.00

Hi guys,

Saw this on the halfords website, but with very limited stock.

wont let me post a link

However showed the webpage at mothercare (who had it for 119.99) who price matched it instantly plus i got the extra benefit of a 2 year warranty!!

Worth a go, it worked for me!!!
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to berylthebargainhunter For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
Maysie
Old 17-03-2012, 12:09 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

This one
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165461
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maysie For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
berylthebargainhunter
Old 17-03-2012, 12:35 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Yep that's the one, thanks for posting the link.
# 4
shabby_chic
Old 17-03-2012, 12:54 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Decided to give Mothercare a call as thought this was a great deal but unfortunately they said theirs is the updated model (black frame) and they don't have this one now.
Well done for getting it OP as it is a bargain.

Last edited by shabby_chic; 17-03-2012 at 1:00 PM.
# 5
bananacakes
Old 17-03-2012, 1:18 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Just had a look at the other strollers Halfords have reduced. The Obaby Atlas Scribble is down to 30! That's quite a popular pushchair, and mothercare currently have this for 79.99 so if they price match it and give the guarantee that's an absolute bargain.

Here it is in Halfords:
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...7cPrice%7c%7c1

And then in Mothercare:
http://www.mothercare.com/OBaby-Atla..._rd_s=center-7

Bit gutted I'm only just seeing this now as I bought a buggy last week and paid 60 second hand!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bananacakes For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
berylthebargainhunter
Old 17-03-2012, 1:29 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I did it instore, think this might be easier as they always seem eager to make a sale compared to over the phone.
# 7
cheekytinkster
Old 17-03-2012, 11:46 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I worked for Britax as a rep in a Mothercare store previously and one of the benefits of buying in store is if anything happens to your pushchair and it needs sending away they will give you a replacement pushchair until it is returned. You can't be without your pushchair and it's a waste to buy a new one just while yours is out of action - hopefully it'll never happen but peace of mind is useful.

They'll also send it off for you, when you buy online from other places you have to package it up (a nightmare cos they're huge), wait in for couriers, etc. whereas buying in store, just take it in and they'll do all the work.

Google first to get the best price, print off the page and take it in as proof and they price match. They should price match if you show it to them on your phone too if you have that facility, I say should - depends on whether you have helpful staff but they should.

If you have any trouble with the pushchair the staff will happily run you through it's capabilities too if you're a new parent or struggling with anything.

Def worth buying in store if you can, they want to make the sale as they lose out a lot now to online so it helps keep their sales up.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cheekytinkster For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
newkidontheblock
Old 18-03-2012, 12:26 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekytinkster View Post
I worked for Britax as a rep in a Mothercare store previously and one of the benefits of buying in store is if anything happens to your pushchair and it needs sending away they will give you a replacement pushchair until it is returned. You can't be without your pushchair and it's a waste to buy a new one just while yours is out of action - hopefully it'll never happen but peace of mind is useful.

They'll also send it off for you, when you buy online from other places you have to package it up (a nightmare cos they're huge), wait in for couriers, etc. whereas buying in store, just take it in and they'll do all the work.

Google first to get the best price, print off the page and take it in as proof and they price match. They should price match if you show it to them on your phone too if you have that facility, I say should - depends on whether you have helpful staff but they should.

If you have any trouble with the pushchair the staff will happily run you through it's capabilities too if you're a new parent or struggling with anything.

Def worth buying in store if you can, they want to make the sale as they lose out a lot now to online so it helps keep their sales up.
I have to agree with you. I bought a stroller from the Silver Cross website a while back. Now it has developed a fault and like you said, you have to package it up, and wait in all day for a courier etc to pick it up, what a pain! Thankfully its not our only buggy but if it had been we would have been without one for a week or so!
# 9
loopy_lala
Old 18-03-2012, 7:34 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Thanks so much, just ordered a spare. Also remember if you price match on line or by phone and its more than 20 difference you need to ask them to send you a voucher, you will get a 10 voucher back!
The Following User Says Thank You to loopy_lala For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
Cutterby
Old 18-03-2012, 9:31 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Send a message via MSN to Cutterby

I've just phoned Mothercare hoping to get the price match and the voucher for the OBaby stroller, but unfortunately the Mothercare OBaby one is different to the Halfords one - the Mothercare is a Scribble Stroller and the Halfords is a Circles Stroller. The lady checked if she could still do the price match but apparently not as they're two different models. The only difference being the pattern!!! Still a good deal if you can get the stock from Halfords, none anywhere near us though Thanks OP x
All horses deserve, at least once in their lives, to be loved by a little girl.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cutterby For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
caz1234
Old 18-03-2012, 9:53 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

The updated model of the Britain b-lite pushchair is in Argos for 59.99 so although not as much of a grabbit, it's over 20 difference so seems you'll also get a 10 voucher out of it if price matching from Mothercare.
The red Obaby atlas scribble is also 58.99 from amazon while 79.99 in Mothercare so again just over that 20 difference for price matching and voucher.
# 12
Yenifer
Old 18-03-2012, 12:47 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Can't order britax(((
We are very sorry, but no UK store currently has all of the items you require in stock
# 13
berylthebargainhunter
Old 18-03-2012, 4:33 PM
MoneySaving Convert

It didn't matter when I went into mothercare- I simply showed her the website in my phone, as it said available for reserve and collect she price matched it straight away!
# 14
crazyposhgal
Old 18-03-2012, 5:10 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

I went up to Mothercare this first thing this morning armed with my print out but turns out like someone else said they are two different strollers. One is the updated version.
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkladymel View Post
she hasn't lost the ol' Bootsing magic
# 15
Daisy doo
Old 20-03-2012, 10:46 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Managed to get these yesterday in store - they agreed to price match as click/reserve was available & got the turquoise atlas.

I emailed CS to check what they meant by identical product - i.e colour etc and they replied to say it just had to be the same make and model, colour & design was irrelevant. I had to show the store the email (on my phone) but they accepted and let me order whichever one I wanted - They agreed circles/scribbles is just the design.

Now for the technical bit - has anyone actually used either of these. I have ordered both as wanted to see/handle them, but with the various reviews online, I'm not sure which one is best. Has anyone used them yet, what do you think? Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to Daisy doo For This Useful Post: Show me >>
Closed Thread