P2P: Ablrate

Comments

• jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ablrate normally provides a third party business credit report as part of the documents package.
  • elephantrosie
    elephantrosie Posts: 467 Forumite
    jamesd wrote: »
    Ablrate normally provides a third party business credit report as part of the documents package.

how about MT and collateral?
    Another night of thankfulness.
  • jamesd
    edited 13 May 2017 at 5:10PM
    Those two don't. Ablrate is quite unusual and helpful in providing them. Unusual also in that Ablrate normally tell us the interest and charge split between lenders and them, they might be the only place routinely doing that. Helps us to better assess the risk because we can see what the borrower is paying.
  • elephantrosie
    am i right in interpreting email from ablrate that there will be four new loans available mid next week?
  • nushnush
    nushnush Posts: 81 Forumite
    am i right in interpreting email from ablrate that there will be four new loans available mid next week?

if things go to plan, that looks like what they are saying
  • jamesd
    No surprise when loans take longer to show up than expected, just the price to pay for the checking work that's done.

Two tips for Ablrate:

1. Click on the next payment due date or amount and it'll show you a list of the future payments you're expected to receive for all of your loans.

2. Debit card payments cost Ablrate 0.25% of the amount you pay in and that's money they can't pay us. If you get your payment sent before 9AM it'll probably arrive in your account within twenty minutes of nine. Similar before 6PM seeming to arrive soon after six. I don't have data yet for other times throughout the day.
  • elephantrosie
    i see no new loans on ablrate this week? i thought they were supposed to arrive on thurs or fri?
  • I bought couple more small chucks on the secondary market over the weekend and will have fresh funds this week so hopefully the new pipeline of loans start to appear.
  • jamesd
    i see no new loans on ablrate this week? i thought they were supposed to arrive on thurs or fri?
    Always just estimates. If you have a look at the MoneyThing pipeline announcements you'll see that it's common there for it to take a month or more with assorted delays from initial prospect to becoming available. Just the nature of things with checks and surveys and legal processes taking time to get done that isn't fully in their control. It's an issue for every platform that tries to be helpful by giving us some idea of what's coming to help us with our own planning. Giving us a clue and us recognising that it's just an estimate, not a guarantee, beats the alternative of not knowing.
  • elephantrosie
    jamesd wrote: »
    Always just estimates. If you have a look at the MoneyThing pipeline announcements you'll see that it's common there for it to take a month or more with assorted delays from initial prospect to becoming available. Just the nature of things with checks and surveys and legal processes taking time to get done that isn't fully in their control. It's an issue for every platform that tries to be helpful by giving us some idea of what's coming to help us with our own planning. Giving us a clue and us recognising that it's just an estimate, not a guarantee, beats the alternative of not knowing.

thanks. when would you advise to deposit money into the account in preparation for the new loans?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport