loss of bargain?

HI, I hope someone can help me please.
We bought a piece of music equipment on-line last weekend in the black Friday sales, it was £170 reduced to £100. We have received an email yesterday saying that the item is out of stock and that we have been issued a refund. I have spoken to the shop today and they have said that it could be a 'good while' before its back in stock and when it is we will have to pay full price for it. I stated that we entered into a contract with them and its unfair for us to lose out on this deal as at the time we could have got the same deal from other retailers but now we can't as black Friday has ended but was just told that the contract doesn't start until they ship the item so basically tough luck. I've tried looking at the consumer rights act but cant honestly make much sense of it and have seen on here mention of loss of bargain but I'm not really sure how to proceed from here or if I'm even in the right to try? I have the e-mail address of the complaints department but don't want to make myself sound like an !!! by misquoting the law to them!
Many thanks

Comments

• z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    They're right, it's tough luck.
  • Noodledoo wrote: »
    HI, I hope someone can help me please.
    We bought a piece of music equipment on-line last weekend in the black Friday sales, it was £170 reduced to £100. We have received an email yesterday saying that the item is out of stock and that we have been issued a refund. I have spoken to the shop today and they have said that it could be a 'good while' before its back in stock and when it is we will have to pay full price for it. I stated that we entered into a contract with them and its unfair for us to lose out on this deal as at the time we could have got the same deal from other retailers but now we can't as black Friday has ended but was just told that the contract doesn't start until they ship the item so basically tough luck. I've tried looking at the consumer rights act but cant honestly make much sense of it and have seen on here mention of loss of bargain but I'm not really sure how to proceed from here or if I'm even in the right to try? I have the e-mail address of the complaints department but don't want to make myself sound like an !!! by misquoting the law to them!
    Many thanks

If the online retailers terms and conditions state that the contract is formed upon dispatch, then you have absolutely no case at all.
  • pants, not what I wanted to hear but thanks all the same.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    You could always try the nice approach and explain that you bought from them because of blah blah customer service, against the others who were all selling for £x on that day. Explain you now can't get it anywhere and would be delighted if they could supply at a future date for the price on black Friday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure