Here we go again. LBM number a million

Options
So this is yet another diary. When am I going to learn?

In fairness I am frugal in most things but I am also very skint.

For those of you who are meeting me for the first time. I am a single Mum of 2 teenagers. DS is 15 and DD is 19. DD is an apprentice painter and decorator and DS is a computer geek. They are my life and 'most' of the time I adore them. I work full time but am trying to get a change of job just now as I am fed up and want a bit more money. I have an interview on Wednesday so we will see what happens with that.

I was doing fab with debt reduction and then very sadly my Mum died and I lost my way a bit. Recently I went on holiday, got new central heating and new flooring throughout my house and have managed to increase my debt by about £8k this year. I am sick about it but am not going to dwell on it. I prefer to just get on with it and sort myself out.

I will bore you to death with my ramblings along the way but this time I am yet again determined to succeed. I loathe paying interest so I will complain a lot about that ;). So hang on to my coat tails as I am ready to fly :D

Old diary is here- http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3953941
5 Year plan. April 2020 to June 2025- CC and mortgage free by time I'm 60
Currently CC £23,674.36 /£14,895.41/£14315.42
Mortgage £28,214.65/ £26,254.71/ £25,746.43
By end 2020 I want CC at £ 19,000.00.
By end 2021 I want CC at £10,000.00

Comments

• kissjenn
    kissjenn Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi MIT,

Life would be so much easier if it didn't keep getting in the way of itself, IYSWIM :rotfl:

You're doing a grand job. Two great kids, possibility of a new role and you'll be toasty warm all winter.

The debt will be gone in no time.

KJ
    :A Let us be grateful to people who make us happy: they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. Marcel Proust :A
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    I have followed you across - will subscribe.

You can do this MiT :T
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Please don't beat yourself up hun....I'm like that too....I've had Soooooooooo many LBM's and it's only now that I'm beginning to sort myself out....slowly....and you will do the same thing, I know it!!

Do keep Posting....I will subscribe and keep up to date with your Journey....
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    But those improvements will pay themselves back over time, so not a complete waste of money.

good luck with the next stage
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • MatyMoo
    MatyMoo Posts: 3,167 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good luck on Wednesday ;)

Subscribes :)
    :j Proud Member of Mike's Mob :j
  • millionaire_in_training
    Options
    Thanks folks and welcome. Helen I have had so many LBM's my house is like a disco !!

A nice wee day planned here today. Going to get some housework sorted out. Going to meal plan for the week and see what I need to get and pop into ASDA later. Then off to my wee auntie's for dinner with my brother and both families. That'll cost me a bunch of flowers but hey we get a fabby roast dinner for free :D.

DD had dumped her BF a couple of weeks ago as he was being a bit of an !!!!!. All he wanted to do was sit in or go driving!! Boring ! So she had a huge fight with him and told him they were over. No-one believed her but she came in last night with stars in her eyes as it appears someone has taken her fancy. Need to do my detective work now and find out who he is and who he belongs to :rotfl:.

So am away to get started and will be back later. Hoping to spend less than £20 today on shopping.
  • Keeping_Positive
    Options
    Another one who has jumped across.
    :j
    May 2013 new beginnings:j
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    Options
    Stalking you across, bunch of flowers for a meal is a good trade !!
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • millionaire_in_training
    Options
    Good show. Loads of folks joining in so we can have a good old chinwag :j.

House now all shiny clean except for a load of spare carpet left over. My friend is talking about doing up her spare room and I reckon one of the offcuts would fit it. She is very very good to me so I would be delighted if it fits and I can save her some money. Otherwise I will sell it.

The woman I clean for has asked me if I want to use the cottages over the winter so I just asked my brother if him and his wife want to go up for a wee overnight stay and he is all excited. I will take my friends another night as well. It's a complete freebie and all we will do is the laundry. Might even just take our own bedding and that will save us even bothering with that. There is an awesome restaurant nearby or we can just cook before we go and heat up our food up there. Will be fab to have whole family together and have a lovely wee day :D and all for my favourite price of £0.

Off for a shower now as aint smelling so sweet. House is spotless but I am a minger. Then off to supermarket and to my wee Aunties. I have £21 to give my brother for mince from costco so my shopping for under £20 is already bust :eek:. Oh well I will jhave lots of mince :D
  • MatyMoo
    MatyMoo Posts: 3,167 Forumite
    Options
    How lovely to be able to use the cottage :) Some nice cheap times with family and friends!

And don't look at the mince as budget busting, it is a saving in the long runs it will keep you out the shops. Portioned up, think how many meals you can make with that ;)
    :j Proud Member of Mike's Mob :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport