Property 3 Years After BR?

I went BR back in Jan 2014 and was autodischarged a year later.

My property was in negative equity so there's no beneficial interest.

Even though it's over 3 years since BR, I've not heard anything from the OR to state that the property is not being sold and is to go back in my name. Do they write to you to state this or is there a way I can check that the property is back in my name now????

tia

Comments

• Mouse007
    Mouse007 Posts: 1,062 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    you're home and dry

automatic operation of law

ownership reverts to you

BBC WatchDog “if you are struggling with an unfair parking charge do get in touch”

Please email your PCN story to watchdog@bbc.co.uk they want to hear about it.
    Please then tell us here that you have done so.

• TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I went BR back in Jan 2014 and was autodischarged a year later.

My property was in negative equity so there's no beneficial interest.

Even though it's over 3 years since BR, I've not heard anything from the OR to state that the property is not being sold and is to go back in my name. Do they write to you to state this or is there a way I can check that the property is back in my name now????

tia

I haven't any experience of this but have you checked Land Registry? I assume you have continued to pay the mortgage all along?
  • debt_doctor
    debt_doctor Posts: 4,595 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi,
    Providing that at the time of your bankruptcy this property was the home of yourself or your spouse/civil partner or ex spouse/civil partner (co habiting doesn't count) then the property has reverted back to you.

Whilst the suggestion of checking the land registry is a good one - the Insolvency Service are not that good of updating the land registry so it may appear that the IS still have an interest when they do not.
    If a restriction still shows you would need to contact your regional insolvency office.
    DD
    Debt Doctor, Debt caseworker, Citizens' Advice Bureau .
    Impartial debt advice services: Citizens Advice Bureau Find your local CAB *** National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000*** BSC No. 100 ***
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure