Bank-smart now charging me!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I refuse to pay money for something I cannot talk about with the provider but the debt collector letter is a little scary
    You'll have to do something other than ignore the letters or you could end up in court.
  • What can I do, do you have any advice? Looking up MIL collections on here suggests it will get me no where.
    As it's only a small amount - £35 I would pay it but the thing that bothers me is I cant cancel bank smart without paying 250 pound so i'm never going to get rid of them. I know its my own stupid fault for not doing the research and thankfully have learned from this experience, this is my first port of call for advice now.
  • Hi All past and present who are and have had bad experiences with BankSmart - and let's face there's nothing "smart" about the way they handle their confused clients.

Just wanted to let you know that I am commencing my battle with this "company". It is two years ago since I engaged them. This Company is very dangerous and is covertly attempting to extort money from its innocent customers...... Talk about Imposition By Stealth. Goodness me....and I nearly fell for it.

Basically, I (thinking I was in safe hands from the misleading "intro" letter they initially sent me in order to lure me into their trap) signed the LOA regarding 6 accounts. But don't be fooled good people because the "accounts" it now transpires, relate to the actual lender. So there's me thinking that I had provided them with 6 accounts from various lenders to investigate, but no.... what they mean is for each lender you have instructed them to investigate ALL dealings you had with the lenders!!! That's why they are probably insistent on you filling in an Experian Report for them so they can have a right good old nosey as to what you've all been up to with your credit ratings. Naturally, I did not do this and fortunately for me one lender has indirectly but legitimately informed me what they have been up to.

Confused?..... Anyway my accounts I asked them to investigate ... out of the 6, 3 have been cancelled by them, with apparently "no fee".....good of them to let me know!!! However, because they want to dig and delve deeper into this particular lender account, after being notified by the lender that I have incurred no PPI/Default charges etc I told BankSmart that I did not see the point in "authorising" them to do something if there were No Charges etc - yet, being mindful of "Cancellation Charges", did not specifically instruct them to cancel any of my accounts.

They are now (in writing) accusing me of Breach of Contract for not signing Letters of Authorisation for them to proceed and have issued a hefty invoice for £750!!! Very Dodgy indeed. I expect that reading through all the comments posted on this site since 2009, there will be yet more hidden costs waiting to be sprung upon me!!

Therefore, rather than ignore their threatening and somewhat intimidating letters and e-mails, I am now standing - on enough is enough. I have started complaint proceedings - first of all with them - and as you can guess BankSmart have stood on - but actually thrown another one in .... saying that if I choose to continue to proceed and provide ALL the information they will cancel the Invoice - despite my delays and continue with my claims!!! No Way!! I am seeking advice from absolutely everyone I possible can. This quite clearly is now evolving into a perpetual money-making scam to my disadvantage.

Can I just say a Big Thank You to all who have posted on here. Because frankly I was at my wits end with this firm and about to pay up. But there are so many anomalies and ambiguities that require further due-diligence on my part to investigate.

I should imagine it's going to be a bit of a battle. But I will let you know the outcome. In the meantime, if anyone can offer any tips and advice or even updates from previous posts, that would equally help my case in my quest for justice, fairness, equality and transparency this would be greatly appreciated

Regards to all

:)
  • They really are a despicable company aren't they.

I posted on this thread earlier and was assured that as I didnt sign the LOAs all 16 of them) and return them to Bank Smart, I didn't have anything to worry about.

Now, like you, I have received letters saying I am in breach of my agreement with them, so I'm expecting a whopping bill any time soon.

Good luck and keep us posted.
  • I have been with Bank-smart for years now. All they seem to do is send out forms for you to fill in. I have severl claims going with them, with no results. I have recently got a letter from them saying i owe them £263.70 for breach of contract. I have sent any forms back that they have sent me & also e-mailed them seven times with no reply. Has anyone had the same problem.

Thanks

Matt.
  • Alpine_Star
    Alpine_Star Posts: 1,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    mavery17 wrote: »
    I have been with Bank-smart for years now. All they seem to do is send out forms for you to fill in. I have severl claims going with them, with no results. I have recently got a letter from them saying i owe them £263.70 for breach of contract. I have sent any forms back that they have sent me & also e-mailed them seven times with no reply. Has anyone had the same problem.

Thanks

Matt.

Did they specify what the breach was?

If you do not agree make a formal complaint. If it's not resolved within 8 weeks you can take the complaint to the Legal Ombudsman who will be accepting complaints about CMCs from next week.
  • The Breach of contract with Bank Smart is that i didnt send back the signed documents. They said they have sent two reminders & a final demand letter. The first i knew was i recived a bill saying i breeched the contract. I filled in all the paper work they sent me, wich was a lot of forms to fill in. I e-mail them on three occasions with no reply. They did eventually reply to my fourth e-mail. They said they would send out a new documents and would take off the £263.70p charges. I have more than one claim going with them & am very concered i will end up owing them loads of money. I sent them my credit file & they said i was owed money from different companys for PPI. I did ask for information they had so i could fill in some of the forms they sent me. but said they didnt have any. So how can they say the owe me money. Wish i had never heard of bank Smart. I
  • After I first contacted Banksmart over two years ago now, I did sign something they sent me although fairly sure it wasn't the T&Cs. Soon after I started reading some horror stories about them and refused to sign anything.

A couple of weeks ago they sent me some claim forms to sign (13 in total) plus the T&Cs and said if I didn't sign I could be in breach of contract so I'm in the same position as you.

If they do send me a bill I'll be reporting them to the Legal Ombudsman. They do need to be stopped.

Good luck.
  • Hi thanks for your reply. i think my next move will be to contact the Ombudsman. I just want to see a end to all the hassell from Bank smart. I really can't believe how many people have had problems with them. I think you will be okay as you didnt sign anything. If there still sending the letters, you should report them. Wish i had checked Bank smart out first.
    Cheers Matt.
  • Reply to Alpine star. mavery17;67915022]The Breach of contract with Bank Smart is that i didnt send back the signed documents. They said they have sent two reminders & a final demand letter. The first i knew was i recived a bill saying i breeched the contract. I filled in all the paper work they sent me, wich was a lot of forms to fill in. I e-mail them on three occasions with no reply. They did eventually reply to my fourth e-mail. They said they would send out a new documents and would take off the £263.70p charges. I have more than one claim going with them & am very concered i will end up owing them loads of money. I sent them my credit file & they said i was owed money from different companys for PPI. I did ask for information they had so i could fill in some of the forms they sent me. but said they didnt have any. So how can they say the owe me money. Wish i had never heard of bank Smart. I[/QUOTE]
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback