Slimming World Support thread

Well our original thread seems to have vanished - so have started this new thread post away.
Hate and I do mean Hate my apple Mac Computer - wish I'd never bought the thing
Do little and often
Please stop using the word "of" when you actually mean "have" - it's damned annoying :mad:

Comments

• fluffynit
    fluffynit Posts: 11,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ah a nice new thread.

Just got a copy of new magazine, so away for a cup of tea and nose at the new plan ;)
  • 'Shiny new thread' hurrah!!

What I should do here though is put the link for the SW recipes thread. shall edit later.

thanks alv - any mods seeing this can you throw any light on what happened to the original thread please ?
    Do little and often
    Please stop using the word "of" when you actually mean "have" - it's damned annoying :mad:
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    There were posts I was going to copy and keep (receipes that aren't in the receipes thread) and now they're all gone! :mad: Bit heavy handed to delete the entire thread!
  • Skint_Catt wrote: »
    There were posts I was going to copy and keep (receipes that aren't in the receipes thread) and now they're all gone! :mad: Bit heavy handed to delete the entire thread!

exactly - they don't usually do this - they usually just lock don't they
    Do little and often
  • I think, for the sake of the 'shiny new thread'... we should keep this one 'on' topic, and keep the (understandable) chat about the situation to the other one.... :o

So, with only two more wake ups til christmas (says my 6 year old:rotfl: ) today I am having a frige/freezer clearing mix2max day

B yogurt and fruit as ever

tea - milk from HA, advent choc (2 or 3 syns)

L green - jacket spuds, beans for OH and DD, sweetcorn and big side salad for me. Cheese on top (HA).

D red - dover sole (yay! cool freezer find!), broccoli, alcoholic syns..

hmmm... no B choices in todays pan. will have to look at the book and choose something. Might even have 'double cheese on my jacket :D)
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    Flat Eric - don't worry and just enjoy it - at least you made the effort to try and make something different for yourself! :T
  • dixie06
    dixie06 Posts: 291 Forumite
    Now I may be being a bit thick here but.....I've just been reading the new SW mag with the new plan thinking oh yes very nice, easy peasy but how come you can have potatoes and peas on what appears to be an orginal day??!! :confused: And chilli with rice AND potato and bacon salad :confused::confused:
    Remember ....its not a bargain unless you need it :D
  • Hi Dixie -

we *think* that discussing this new, 'extra easy' plan may have had the last thread closed down, so I can't imagine people will be very chatty about it here (for the moment!)... but the full details will be released in classes over the next few weeks.

Don't forget though, that you CAN have potatoes and peas on a red day (as HEB's), chilli with rice (syns) on red, and potato and bacon (HEB) salad on green.

In the new year, we will find out how the new plan allows us to have all the above freely.

When they tell me how I can have my cake AND et it, then I will be very interested!!!!
  • retiredlady
    retiredlady Posts: 2,187 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    dixie06 wrote: »
    Now I may be being a bit thick here but.....I've just been reading the new SW mag with the new plan thinking oh yes very nice, easy peasy but how come you can have potatoes and peas on what appears to be an orginal day??!! :confused: And chilli with rice AND potato and bacon salad :confused::confused:

We were told about it in class today and it is in the new magazine also so I should imagine we soon will be able to talk about it?

Yes that is correct. On the new plan all foods that are free on green and are free on red are free together. So you can have cottage pie with mashed potato - free, spagetti bolognaise - free, fish and rice with peas - free, bacon eggs and beans - free!

You get only 1 healthy xtra A and only 1 healthy extra B - which should be no hardship now cause most of the things other than your cereals and breads and oil are now free foods.

Any syns you have are counted at the lower amount - ie if something is 5 syns on green but 30 syns on red - you would count it as 5 syns!

Sounds brilliant doesn't it? :T

Marion
    When life hands you lemons, ask for tequilla and salt and give me a call!!!
  • We were told about it in class today and it is in the new magazine also so I should imagine we can now talk about it?

We can not be sure this is true.

What has happened is that our beloved thread was closed (deleted). Another forum had the same thing happen.

My (limited) understanding is whilst we might logically think we can discuss it, SW are trying to keep the details of this plan under wraps, probably until the new year.

To date - Every time the plan is explained by someone (who knows legitimately, and believes it OK to mention), the accompanying thread is closed.

Personally I wouldn't risk this thread closing too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure