Cheap Airport Parking: Manc'ster & L'pool Airports hints, tips and local parking

Former_MSE_Archna
Former_MSE_Archna Posts: 1,903
First Post
Forumite
edited 22 June 2023 at 8:12AM in Motoring
What’s this about?

Parking at the airport can cost a fortune. Yet there are many ways to cut this cost. The first point of call is read the full Cheap Airport Parking guide. Then having found the cheapest it can find you, this discussion is specifically to talk about local parking and tips for

Manc'ster & L'pool Airports Airport

If you want to discuss airport parking in general please go to the Cheap Airport Parking Discussion.

If you’ve got a suggestion/tip

Simply click reply and add your suggestion, though its worth scanning down first to check it's not been duplicated.

Related Discussions Related MoneySaving Guides:

Travel Money
Car Hire
Flights
Package Holidays
Hotel Deals

Comments

• I found a little gem at Manchester, VIP by Day by Day parking, I booked it through a company called park and go, and its brill. The staff are lovely professional and reliable. They were on time, going out of manchester and back to manchester, they even washed it!!! free of charge. Just thought id pass this on to others as its a really good service.
  • s55shh
    s55shh Posts: 37 Forumite
    milly28 wrote: »
    I found a little gem at Manchester, VIP by Day by Day parking, I booked it through a company called park and go, and its brill. The staff are lovely professional and reliable. They were on time, going out of manchester and back to manchester, they even washed it!!! free of charge. Just thought id pass this on to others as its a really good service.

Gulp, the prices seem steep. Two weeks at www.mavp.co.uk for £69.99 seems better value and they are closer to the Terminals too.
  • s55shh
    s55shh wrote: »
    Gulp, the prices seem steep. Two weeks at www.mavp.co.uk for £69.99 seems better value and they are closer to the Terminals too.

Even cheaper! http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=12047187#post12047187
  • tin143
    tin143 Posts: 10
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    :mad: We have just used the Meet& Greet at Manchester airport for the first time, thinking it would be quicker - ha, what a joke!! On departure we had to wait 30 minutes for someone to appear - mind you, one family had been waiting for 11/2 hours!!! On our return we waited nearly one hour for the car to be brought to the designated point. We could have been half way back home if we had used the off-site ones whose buses run every 10 minutes!!
    On top of that one customer had his car damaged.
    Meet & Greet -- never again, even if I get the biggest discount!!!!
  • s55shh
    tin143 wrote: »
    :mad: We have just used the Meet& Greet at Manchester airport for the first time, thinking it would be quicker - ha, what a joke!! On departure we had to wait 30 minutes for someone to appear - mind you, one family had been waiting for 11/2 hours!!! On our return we waited nearly one hour for the car to be brought to the designated point. We could have been half way back home if we had used the off-site ones whose buses run every 10 minutes!!

Which company was this?
  • I always use an off airport site Liverpoolparkandfly.com
    Tel 0151 425 4688
    These people live on the site 5 mins from the airport. Service is excellent-cheerful and on time. It costs about £3/day very good value
  • gingerdad
    gingerdad Posts: 1,919
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    jansmith7 wrote: »
    I always use an off airport site Liverpoolparkandfly.com
    Tel 0151 425 4688
    These people live on the site 5 mins from the airport. Service is excellent-cheerful and on time. It costs about £3/day very good value

2nd vot for Liverpoolparkandfly.com a great service.....
    The futures bright the future is Ginger
  • I always use Airparks. They have a good bus service and have dropped us off directly outside the terminal when we were running late.

I booked parking for a month once and it worked out at less than 1 pound a day.

http://adviceaustralia.com/cheap-airport-parking-guide/
  • jrobinson4
    jrobinson4 Posts: 90 Forumite
    I always find Shuttle Park to be quite cheap but if you log on to the Manchester Airport website, they have a parking section which compares the prices of the parking companies in the area.
    Happy holidaying!!
    PS if you use shuttle park - book 4 weeks in advance and the price is much cheaper
    Bank Charges - MCOL – LTSB Current Account £4,603.92 / Settled £5,680.76 /Financial Ombudsman – LTSB £11,715.84
    PPI - Debenhams / Settled - £2243.20
    We're in the money!!!:T :beer:
  • Stephb1986_2
    Stephb1986_2 Posts: 6,279 Forumite
    tin143 wrote: »

Which company was it as we're about to book 2 cars in for a meet and greet, I have used elite valet parking before now the car was fine when it came back apart from we asked for a top valet and the alloys and stuff wasnt done properly.

Steph xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure