Options
    Sticky gets my vote
  • Kazza242
    Kazza242 Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mleonard79 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Any sign of Abbey upping their rate after the BOE increase? I can see Kent Reliance have done so swiftly though so :T to them.

Abbey usually increase the rate on the 1st of the month following a BOE base rate rise. So from August 1st 2007 the Direct ISA rate for balances of £9,000+ will be 6.25% gross. Total balances from £1 - £8,999 will go from, 5.75% to 6.00% gross.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • dancingfairy
    dancingfairy Posts: 9,069 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for all your work in maintaining this thread. Not sure why it's not a sticky though :(
    Making my money go further with MSE :j
    How much can I save in 2012 challenge
    75/1200 :eek:
  • Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes Kazza242, thanks for all your efforts on this thread. I have just clicked on "thread tools" then "subscribe to this thread" so that I can keep informed about messages on this thread - other people may wish to do the same.

I certainly hope that this thread is re-stickied soon.

Thanks again Kazza!
  • neutron
    neutron Posts: 109 Forumite
    Options
    Another huge thank you Kazza, after scouring weekend money pages and comparison websites for weeks I stumbled across this thread. Many thanks for your efforts, they're greatly appreciated and I willingly add my voice to the calls for "sticky status".
  • carpy
    carpy Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    Options
    Kazza242 wrote: »
    Abbey usually increase the rate on the 1st of the month following a BOE base rate rise. So from August 1st 2007 the Direct ISA rate for balances of £9,000+ will be 6.25% gross. Total balances from £1 - £8,999 will go from, 5.75% to 6.00% gross.

how certain can we be they'll increase them on that day and by that amou nt?:confused:
  • Kazza242
    Kazza242 Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    carpy wrote: »
    how certain can we be they'll increase them on that day and by that amou nt?:confused:

We can be certain that Abbey will increase it by 0.25% because of their rate guarantee:

From the Abbey website:
    Rates are guaranteed to match any increase in the Bank of England base rate until 1 May 2008.

We can't be completely certain of the date the increase will be effective from. However, when BOE base rate increased in May 2007, Abbey increased their Direct ISA rate on the 1st June. So, I think they will increase their rates on the 1st of August.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • mleonard79
    mleonard79 Posts: 1,616 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Thanks Kazza - just what I wanted to hear! :D

You'r a star as always :beer:

Regards

Michelle
    :hello: :hello: :hello:
  • debbie42
    debbie42 Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    Just adding my vote to the "make this a sticky" camp. I suppose someone could just keep bumping it up, but it seems a bit daft, given that it is one of the most useful posts on here. Thanks Kazza for all your hard work.
    Debbie
  • carpy
    carpy Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    Options
    We can be certain that Abbey will increase it by 0.25% because of their rate guarantee:

From the Abbey website:

We can't be completely certain of the date the increase will be effective from. However, when BOE base rate increased in May 2007, Abbey increased their Direct ISA rate on the 1st June. So, I think they will increase their rates on the 1st of August.

DOH!!!!

yeah i looked on their website and saw hat just after i'd posted!!:o

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport