Cash ISAs: The Best Currently Available List

Comments

• Supreme_2
    Supreme_2 Posts: 133 Forumite
    I have already opened an account this year, but can i open another one now? (ready for after 6th april).
  • cyclonebri1
    cyclonebri1 Posts: 12,827 Forumite
    Supreme wrote: »
    I have already opened an account this year, but can i open another one now? (ready for after 6th april).

Only after that date ;)
    I like the thanks button, but ,please, an I agree button.

Will the grammar and spelling police respect I do make grammatical errors, and have carp spelling, no need to remind me.;)

Always expect the unexpected:eek:and then you won't be dissapointed
  • Supreme_2
    Supreme_2 Posts: 133 Forumite
    I think i'm going to stick with my Natwest eISA unless anything better comes out, as that currently offers 2.97% for £10k+, and allows transfers. There doesn't appear to be anything better around right now :(
  • cottager
    cottager Posts: 934 Forumite
    Supreme wrote: »
    I think i'm going to stick with my Natwest eISA unless anything better comes out, as that currently offers 2.97% for £10k+, and allows transfers. There doesn't appear to be anything better around right now :(

Just to point out for others that to be getting 2.97% you must have applied before 14 May last year. Currently the middle £10k+ interest tier offered for the e-ISA is 2.23% (1.98% below £10k).
    http://www.natwest.com/personal/savings/g2/isas/e-isa.ashx#tabs=section2
    ~cottager
  • J45
    J45 Posts: 290 Forumite
    cottager wrote: »
    Just to point out for others that to be getting 2.97% you must have applied before 14 May last year. Currently the middle £10k+ interest tier offered for the e-ISA is 2.23% (1.98% below £10k).
    http://www.natwest.com/personal/savings/g2/isas/e-isa.ashx#tabs=section2

Yeah just checked that myself

Am i correct in saying the best non fixed ISA available for someone who has 20k to transfer is at 2.75% ?
  • astreix
    astreix Posts: 237 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    How about adding Investec Private Bank Cash ISA to the list. The current rate is 2.75% and the min balance required to earn this rate is £1,000. Notice period for withdrawal is 30 days and they accept transfer in.
  • MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Only after that date ;)
    No, you can open one now and fund it in 2010/11. If the provider allows you to open it without any balance.
  • funguy
    funguy Posts: 601 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    So what are people doing if they want the Nationwide 3y 4.4% fixed rate for their maturing Nationwide fixed rate ISA from this year?

1) Send off the form received in the post?
    2) Go into branch with the paperwork and get them to do it?

Thanks for any advice?
  • freddysmith
    freddysmith Posts: 2,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 29 March 2010 at 10:37AM
    I did not receive a maturity instruction pack from NW so I have made a secure email through my online account asking if I can transfer my maturing ISA to the 3yr Fixed rate. One can but try.

Just had a "Computer says NO" message.
    Back to the drawing board!
  • PotatoPotato
    PotatoPotato Posts: 672 Forumite
    edited 28 March 2010 at 9:32PM
    I transfered my funds into the Natwest e-isa in march last year at that rate with the bonus ( i think it was the 3.5%?).

I want to know if i keep it in there for this next tax year and still get the new 2.70% rate?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback