Any ideas for CV's please

rog2
rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
First Post Combo Breaker
I am writing my CV, as I need to look for paid work, now that I am being declared Bankrupt, and I am struggling (not done it for over 20 years).:mad:
Can anyone point me to some good (free) CV template sites, please.
I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS

Comments

• bobbadog
    bobbadog Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    I can't recommend any sites, but remember to keep things easy to read, use bullet points, keep sentances concise and to the point, and don't use too much 'filler'. NEVER make your CV more than 2 pages, even if you're a Company head honcho! Horrid, fancy CV's and CV's with pictures make us throw 'em in the recycling bin (though just speaking for us, obviously).
  • Storm
    Storm Posts: 1,749 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    There's a link from the MSN Homepage today on CV tips: http://msn.monster.co.uk/9331_en-GB_p1.asp

Don't know of any online CV services, but try your local job centre - they should have details of local services to you.
    Total Debt 13th Sept 2006 (exc student loan): £6240.06 :eek:
    O/D 1 [strike]£1250 [/strike]O/D 2 [strike]£100[/strike] Next a/c [strike]£313.55[/strike]@ 26.49% Mum [strike]£130[/strike] HSBC [strike]£4446.51[/strike]@15.75%[STRIKE]M&S £580.15@ 4.9%[/STRIKE]
    Total Debt 30th April 2008: £0 100% paid off!

PROUD TO [STRIKE]BE DEALING [/STRIKE] HAVE DEALT WITH MY DEBT ;)
  • pania
    pania Posts: 8,258 Forumite
    hey rog2 good luck in finding work, i hope it will be quick and painless for you.

I've written quite a few CV's in my time and also have a book of writing the perfect CV! Will send to you FOC if you pm me. Hope this helps

Pania
    xx
    debt @05/11/11 £12210.63!! slowly chipping away!!
    :heart2:impossible is nothing.:heart2:
  • I'm also happy to take a look - I'm good at CVs. you can pm me too
  • jambojen_2
    jambojen_2 Posts: 181 Forumite
    you can find loads of templates on the internet. type it into google and see what you come up with.
    be careful though, as some sites seem free and you take ages inputting all of ure info and then they say u have to pay to finish it!
    job hunting is no fun!
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi all,

Just a quick update and thank you for the useful info:beer:
    I completed my CV (not a bad effort either - I would certainly employ me on the strength of it:rolleyes: ) and, this week have been trawling the web for job vacancies, following my interview at the jobcentre.
    I have submitted my CV to about five agencies, as well as sending direct to a couple of jobs.
    Really didn't know what sort of reaction I would get, and was surprised as today I have received 3 replies.
    I have one fixed interview on Tuesday, and have to go to two of the agencies for initial 'assessment' interviews.
    I am pleasantly surprised and cautiously optimistic:beer:
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • bobbadog
    bobbadog Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    rog2 wrote:
    Hi all,

Just a quick update and thank you for the useful info:beer:
    I completed my CV (not a bad effort either - I would certainly employ me on the strength of it:rolleyes: ) and, this week have been trawling the web for job vacancies, following my interview at the jobcentre.
    I have submitted my CV to about five agencies, as well as sending direct to a couple of jobs.
    Really didn't know what sort of reaction I would get, and was surprised as today I have received 3 replies.
    I have one fixed interview on Tuesday, and have to go to two of the agencies for initial 'assessment' interviews.
    I am pleasantly surprised and cautiously optimistic:beer:

Congratulations Rog! My fingers and eyes are crossed for you x
  • cattie1
    cattie1 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    oooh good luck, hopefully it will be like buses-you have nothing then you'll be offered all 3 jobs!
    good luck and congratulations. cat.xxx
    official dfw nerd club member no 214
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!;)
    Why is a person that handles your money called a broker?!:confused:
  • all_hours
    all_hours Posts: 684 Forumite
    Well done rog and good luck.
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    best of luck Rog :)

I do recommend https://www.i-resign.com, theres LOADS of stuff on there, plus a very handy salary calculator which taes out tax & NI.
    keeping everything crossed for you mate :D
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills