flybe free flights offer - any luck anyone?

mac.d
mac.d Posts: 1,345 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
Has anyone who signed up for a flybe credit card to take advantage of the free flight offer had any luck in getting their voucher and claiming their flight?

I saw forestGump post in another thread that to do so you might have to phone a premium number that will cost at least £1 a minute and is possibly a bit of a money making scam for flybe.

Anyone know for definite?

Also, on a related note, if this is the case and I want to just cancel my flybe credit card, do I have to contact them or can I just cut it up and forget about it?

Comments

• galileo
    galileo Posts: 178 Forumite
    I have sent back my tear off slip attached to my first statement about 3 weeks ago. I chased them by e-mail earlier this week and they replied saying my voucher would arrive next week. Will wait and see.

On your other point, it's important you actually contact the card provider and cancel your account in conjunction with destroying your card. Otherwise the account remains open on your credit file...
  • galileo
    galileo Posts: 178 Forumite
    Just to update this thread I have received this morning my free flight voucher. It took about 3 weeks to arrive from the time when you send back the tear off slip. The e-mail address to use if you want to chase progress on your flight is [EMAIL="'Rewards4all@flybe.com'"]'Rewards4all@flybe.com'[/EMAIL].

No premium number to phone, but still a dreaded 0871 number!

Good luck!
  • mac.d
    mac.d Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks galileo. I'm going away in just over a month and since I've been waiting nearly two months to book the flight, I just went ahead and did so on Thursday night, and my 'voucher' has now arrived... ah well, such is life! You've apparently got a year to use it anyway, so I may try it for a wee break later in the year. Good luck with claiming your flight.
  • I got my voucher in about 2 weeks, mind you you still have to give 2 weeks notice before you can take a flight...
    :santa2:
  • I have at long last got free flight voucher but have not managed to book a flight yet as I have been on hold for over twenty minutes on several occasions - call apparently cost, 10p a minute!! I could have booked one in the time it has taken - has anyone actually managed to book a flight yet??
  • Have you managed to actually book a flight though? The number is either engaged or I am left on hold for over 15 minutes so far!!!!
  • wispa
    wispa Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I phoned on the 0871 number to book a flight on the day the winter flights were released. I was put on hold for over 1 hour and then told there were no flights available on the date I wanted in October, nor on days either side of that. I was however told I could book and pay for flight on the date I wanted!! I was also told that free flights were only available up to a certain price but they wouldn't tell me what that was - Where in the promotional information for the credit card did it say that the free flight offered was only available on cetain flights or even limited availabilty?? - in my opinion the free flights are a con.:mad:
  • This is not a con. There are 10 seats on every flybe flight put aside for the free flights. You just need to book one of these 10 seats. These must have already been taken for the flight you wanted. There are many people who have used their free flights.
  • Of course its a con. Have spent enough on credit card for 2 free flights. Tried to book a return trip to Shetland for 2 using the points. Got 1 date in April and 1 date in May between now and then for choice of flights - others completely full on every flight and every day! I don't think so - flybe are a bunch of con merchants. Oh and the free voucher - can't use it on the routes to the scottish islands - another con not explained in the small print.
    3352 Posts: 1 Newbie
    hunda wrote: »
    of course its a con. Have spent enough on credit card for 2 free flights. Tried to book a return trip to shetland for 2 using the points. Got 1 date in april and 1 date in may between now and then for choice of flights - others completely full on every flight and every day! I don't think so - flybe are a bunch of con merchants. Oh and the free voucher - can't use it on the routes to the scottish islands - another con not explained in the small print.
    flybe...isle of man to liverpool £82.28+16 pts...isle of man to liverpool £75.96 no pts same flights same day same time
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure