PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Two)

Comments

• Pops up here:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Has tendency to catch up on the Net at breakfast. Right now I'm eating - porridge (organic jumbo oats, organic milk) topped with ground flaxseed, homegrown & donated apples stewed with freshly ground cinnamon/nutmeg/mixed spice, pomegranite seeds.

Two slices of toast coming up with coffee after - errrm...decent bread (sourdough) but CBA to make any at the moment...

You gotta have the counterbalance yur:rotfl:
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,116
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    kittie wrote: »
    no idea today, none at all, I need a brainless day, was tired yesterday.

Enforced no-driving too as there is a car problem, only allowed x miles as it has to go in again in 14 days and I am desparately needed for emergency babysitting 42 miles away in 10 days. I will manage it with 8 miles to spare, which I will need to drive it to the dealership. Could ask neighbours to run me about but will be positive about this enforced `rest` and no real hardship as I have made an organic online order for any necessities this week

Awful when inanimate objects like cars, cookers or even kitchens dictate what we can do at times. Hope the car gets "cheaply" sorted

I think scoffing three figs from the garden yesterday, followed by the lovely meaty pie & scone may have been a scoff too far, still feeling full now

Out and about again today, Winchester with the grandchildren, so food is ???? but the YS smoked mackerel is still unopened in the fridge and that could be dinner, or the dustbin
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I still have two portions of Keema Bombay potatoes from yesterday so will eat one of them today. I need to use up some eggs so maybe cheesy scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast today.

Really fancy making a Spanish omelette over the next day or so and have a small steak that I defrosted and will cook tonight. I only have two slices of bread left so will use them for breakfast.

Even buying a small loaf I can't always use it before it goes off which is a waste. Just had the thought that if I grate it once it is stale and freeze it then I have breadcrumbs for recipes.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    kittie wrote: »
    same here about bits and pieces cba days, I enjoy then tbh

Meg, wow, come and join us, we have a fab active sewing thread and we will all want to read about your machine
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5570507

Slept like a baby last night, after looking like a minion while I knitted under bright light before bed, overspecs cutting out the blue light, broken arms so held on with ear elastics, was worth the effort

spelt flakes, an apricot and some 85% choc for breakfast. Later will have rest of breakfast, bit of pate on toast. Lunch will be pate and salad and later, a cooked meal but just fish/meat and veg and sometime in the day, the highlight, a piece of parkin

PN, am loving my new freezer arrangement, the in and out drawer

Great sewing thread Kitty thank you for the invite. I will pop in and tell you about my machine when I`ve mastered it lol
    Slimming World at target
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    elona wrote: »
    I still have two portions of Keema Bombay potatoes from yesterday so will eat one of them today. I need to use up some eggs so maybe cheesy scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast today.

Really fancy making a Spanish omelette over the next day or so and have a small steak that I defrosted and will cook tonight. I only have two slices of bread left so will use them for breakfast.

Even buying a small loaf I can't always use it before it goes off which is a waste. Just had the thought that if I grate it once it is stale and freeze it then I have breadcrumbs for recipes.

I absolutely looove Bombay potatoes 😙Our local Indian veggie bakery makes brilliant ones 😁
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698
    Forumite
    Bombay spuds were something I used to order back in the days when I'd have an indian meal once a year or so with my sibling. You can share a dish of those.

For me, alone, by the time I've got a curry and a rice that's already two meals' worth, so there's no point adding to food overload and also having all the other things I like: bombay spuds and a naan.
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Afternoon everyone,

I have been picking at some of the left over food from the buffet all morning. Breakfast was a couple of sausage rolls and lunch has been a couple of different quiches and some pate on toast. I've put the rest in the freezer now to stop myself being greedy.

I'm going to make a chicken a la king for dinner using one of the left over cooked chicken portions. I've got a sad looking red pepper and some sour cream in the freezer that need using up and have got everything else in that I need. I'll have that with some rice.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,059
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Good afternoon everyone,

How about bombay potatoes with boiled eggs Elona - sounds like a tasty combination to me:D.

"Chicken a la King" Holly I've not had or heard of that in years or "Chicken Divan" (my kids used to love that).

The turkey" kievs" were really tasty, one was scoffed and the other two frozen.

I had a hospital appointment this morning so an early breakfast of toast and cheese spread and lateish lunch a crusty roll with pastrami and coleslaw. I'm not CFO tonight as some friends are coming around bringing a takeaway of some description with them:)
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455
    Forumite
    Chicago Town microwave pizza n salad for tea.Love them now n then 😁😀
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I feel I can join in as I cooked only for myself this evening.

I had a jacket potato, a few leaves and sauteed mushrooms & red onions in a sherry & cream cheese sauce. it was b***dy lovely :)

I fancied chicken in white wine sauce but I didn't have any chicken or white wine open - so improvised :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure