PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 11th September 2017

Comments

• kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,810
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Hugs Natty xx

I'm in sort of in my own way

Starting the day with
    WMx 2
    Hoovering
    Packing 2 x ebay sales
    Dentist
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Natty - sending you lots of love and strength xxx

Quick post from me - been up since 6 so all dailies done, beds made etc. Written a list for today so will be flying but off list.

Have good days all back later xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077
    Forumite
    (((Hugs))) Natty. Back later with an update, but I couldn't just read and run.
    Better is good enough.
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Oh natty so sorry, love, and Valli is absolutely right. F¥ck cancer :mad: much love to you both xx

And thank you for the lists - I'm off list but I probably do need to vac down my stairs.

But first I'm meeting a pal for coffee. And I'm on a mission to find DD some pe trainers, and DS some slippers.

Group flylady hug needed I think xxx:grouphug:
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,328
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Aww thank you everyone. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes at the love coming off you guys. It feels good having let it out to someone who isn't closely connected to us or will blab it out on FB. For some reason SH doesn't want to tell his family.. I suppose he knows what he's doing. But thank God's they do know he seriously ill..let them draw their own conclusions I suppose. And all I can say is thank the God's for my therapy unit..and the people in it who have been through therapy with me for the !!!! times.

Dave has been working from home for the past two months now, he refuses to take time off sick. And thankfully work have been brilliant..they have said he can take as much time as he wants..abd if working from home helps him then they won't pressure him to take time off. Strange how things work isn't it..he says he's feel more sick if he wasn't working. Odd man.

Thank you everyone.
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023 🏅 ⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award ⭐️
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,916
    Forumite
    Natty.. due to my stepdads employment (window cleaner) and his surgery and stoma he is unable to work at all and it probably is worse. The boredom and just sat wallowing makes it so much worse, so while he can and while it is helping and making him feel useful and productive and keeping his mind active I agree he is doing the right thing working through it.. He is another one who is unable to sit still and be 'useless' xxx

OH taken the raincover to work in the car I think so of course it is bucketing down.. I have a spare raincover but it doesn't quite fit the pram properly but Twinkle stayed dry nd hell, it's not a hurricane! I am interested to know how those poor animals at the Zoos are.. the people had every opportunity to ship out, they didn't!

The weird guy next door but one has been out and chopped another section of lower braches off the huge huge huge leilandii in next doors garden.. not his own garden, the neighbours! It is VERY top heavy now and I am very concerned that it is more likely to blow over onto my house.. I'd have a word but he doesn't speak a word of English.. I just want to know what his plans are.. less tree = more light = less moss and soggy grass in my garden so I'm not going to complain.. the magpies who were nesting in there look a bit perplexed though lol.

Pixie wet the bed last night so in the torrential rain I have a full bed of bedding to wash and get dry! As well as the 5 loads already piled up.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • So far:

- school and pre-school run (in the rain)
    - letters posted
    - butcher visited
    - Asda trip done
    - Washing over heated airier
    - DW unloaded

Just having a cuppa then need to hoover the stairs. CBA mopping today - it will be covered in muddy wet footprints before I know it! x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • lauradora
    lauradora Posts: 1,371
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Mornin all!! Going to try and get my bum into gear this morning. have already applied for one job though :A

Natty, sorry to hear that thought your fb had gone quiet, hugs to you.

See y'all later xxxx
    On a mission
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Oh Natty - such awful news. So, so sorry to hear this. Massive big hug from me and dog snogs from the hounds. Really hope you can hold everything together xxx

Thanks from me to all you lovely ladies for the support last week. Stupid nerves getting the better of me, which is annoying, but I'm trying to keep a lid on it. I'm not particularly outgoing, although I try very hard not to be stand off-ish and to be friendly and interested in other people. It is exhausting though.

MrsMP - the wedding pictures are beautiful - glad the day went well :happylove

My plumbing heroes are here and have promised me running water, a connected DW and sink in the kitchen and a working washing machine by the end of the day :j.

The steel shuttering for the concrete wall core is being maneuvered into place by some fancy forklift machine and typically, it's pouring down.

Flying it is then...
  • Big hug coming your way Natty x

In again have done DW and just going to load WM -think it will have to go in TD as very wet here.
    Will have early lunch then crack on with list.
    love to all katiecat x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport