PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

deletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletedeletede letedeletedelete

Options

Comments

• gingercordial
    Options
    Murphybear wrote: »
    Do you have the instructions for the washing machine? Ours lets you manually release the door when stuck like this.

And a quick Google search for the model number will almost certainly find the instructions if they don't have a paper copy to hand.
  • ToasterScheme
    Options
    To be slightly fair to the OP, while it's easy to pull a non-integrated WM out in order to drop the outlet pipe to the ground and drain it - this may be harder to do with a built-in machine.

For example, it may involve removing a couple of screws which fix the machine to the underside of the worktop, and/or removing the kick board if it runs across the adjacent bays.

But you've still just got to get on and do it, I'm afraid.

[Or do these things have front-access drain points, e.g. next to the filter? I've never had a built-in WM, only a dishwasher]
  • Ronaldo_Mconaldo
    Options
    I just knew that it would be a new poster who posted this thread before I even opened it, just knew it.
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    For the first 2 weeks we were left without hot water due to an installation problem with the immersion boiler.

In this time we did not use the integrated washing machine (we assumed the washing machine needs to take hot water from the hot water tank).

An odd assumption to make, as machines are invariably capable of heating the water themselves - if you had tried the machine earlier then either you'd have discovered the defect two weeks earlier or perhaps had two weeks of incident-free laundry.
  • seashore22
    seashore22 Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just knew that it would be a new poster who posted this thread before I even opened it, just knew it.

Predictable isn't it.
  • Jemima09
    Options

[Or do these things have front-access drain points, e.g. next to the filter? I've never had a built-in WM, only a dishwasher]

both of my built in one have had drainage points on the front of them, although behind the kickboards, so you do have to pull them off (although kickboards are usually just attached with clips..)

admittedly, with my first machine that died, I didn't actually discover that it had a drainage point until after I had tediously drained the machine by cracking the door open and placing a baking tray underneath to catch the water.. then shutting the door again, emptying the tray and repeating.. for a long long time... still quicker than the week these guys have waited though :rotfl:
    Save
    Debt Free and Very Very Proud! - DMP mutual support member 315
    Debts at May 09 (LBM) £20,675 : Dec 13 £ZERO!
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,419 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You may not have been left with the manuals (which is annoying) but it is usually possible to google for them

I did this for a relative who moved into an almost new rented flat where no instructions were left for appliances/boiler etc and who needed to sort out the central heating controls.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    davidmcn wrote: »
    An odd assumption to make, as machines are invariably capable of heating the water themselves - if you had tried the machine earlier then either you'd have discovered the defect two weeks earlier or perhaps had two weeks of incident-free laundry.

Agreed, I believe most washing machines sold these days only have a cold water feed so the lack of hot water wouldn't have been an issue.
  • ShaneJMullan
    Options
    Thanks to, most of you, for your helpful responses and discussion. Some of the posters could have been less sarcastic and unwelcoming with their responses, but moving on...
    I did originally look up the manual online and i drained it with pots to catch the water, after unscrewing the skirting boards and turning it off at the fuse - this didn't work.
    The 'engineer' was supposed to come round on x date so I assumed the clothes would be fine anyway as he would fix it and get the door open. After waiting all day and chasing the letting agents, he didn't turn up (no suprise). He then came 2 days later and couldnt get the door open OR fix the error code to actually fix the machine. If the engineer couldn't do it then I'm at a loss to know how I'm supposed to magically understand how, just because I am an 'adult'. Come on..
  • tom9980
    tom9980 Posts: 1,990 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Thanks to, most of you, for your helpful responses and discussion. Some of the posters could have been less sarcastic and unwelcoming with their responses, but moving on...
    I did originally look up the manual online and i drained it with pots to catch the water, after unscrewing the skirting boards and turning it off at the fuse - this didn't work.
    The 'engineer' was supposed to come round on x date so I assumed the clothes would be fine anyway as he would fix it and get the door open. After waiting all day and chasing the letting agents, he didn't turn up (no suprise). He then came 2 days later and couldnt get the door open OR fix the error code to actually fix the machine. If the engineer couldn't do it then I'm at a loss to know how I'm supposed to magically understand how, just because I am an 'adult'. Come on..

None of this was in your OP, it makes you look like yet another MSE troll.

Your option is to WRITE to your Landlord asking for the repair.
    When using the housing forum please use the sticky threads for valuable information.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure