Fox's Debt Free Diary

Comments

• FoxFace
    FoxFace Posts: 362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker Photogenic
    edited 30 May 2017 at 6:23AM
    Things have been a bit static after the initial excitement. Payday tomorrow though, so will definitely have an update then :)

Edit: Decided to make a cheeky little one off payment from the CC. The fees for both transfers came to £29.17p, so have paid £30 to cover that and bring my balance back down :)

Sig updated
    Debt Free Journey started 21.05.2017
  • FoxFace
    Small update, not a payment off anything but another little plan.

Today I opened a new current account. Just for me. The old account with the overdraft is in my name and all the household bills get paid from that, along with my little personal spends.

I have made the decision to open this new account, purely for the purposes of putting a little aside each month for my personal spending money. It has no overdraft or any fancy stuff and it will also only be used for cash... kind of like an online purse.

This hopefully means that what I spend won't get muddled up with the house money (and by extension the money being used to clear the debts).

It also means that I will have a little pocket money for myself each month, which is separate from the household funds and will hopefully allow me to treat myself a little, without it impacting on the repayment of the overdraft and CC.

That's the plan anyway
    Fox
    x
  • FoxFace
    Woke up and checked all accounts, payday is awesome :D

Also, checked my new CC to confirm yesterday's payment was all good (it was) and also noticed another little mystery credit on the account... apparently because I signed up through M-Supermarket and transferred over a certain amount, I get £20 cashback... so that's nice :D

Balance updated in sig.
  • FoxFace
    Little updates for today :)

~Went to bank and got out my personal pocket money, £63 to last me the month. I never thought I ever really spent that much on myself, but looking at my social calendar for the next couple of weeks and a couple of things I want to buy... it's going to be a challenge to not run out of cash pretty rapidly. Challenge accepted :cool: It does feel nice to have cash that is actually mine though, to have that separation.. and obviously once things are paid off, my pocket money will increase too :)

~Set up some new transactions on my budgeting for the many, many birthdays we have coming up!

~sat grinning to myself as I pour over the budget to November 2017 and realise that actually, we are going to be just fine with this :)
  • FoxFace
    :j ~Old "Stupidly high interest rate" CC account officially closed today~ :j

It took me a little while to get around to it, as I had to cancel by telephone and I struggle to use a phone due to anxiety... but it's done now so YAY! :T

And the best bit was when I told them I wanted to close the account, they said "But you won't be able to reopen it when we close it"... yes, that is kind of the point, thanks :rotfl:

And my bank card for my new current account came today, which is great as I don't like having my month budget in my purse in cash :o

Really pleased with how things are coming together :)
  • FoxFace
    edited 2 June 2017 at 7:01AM
    Small update to my loan as the next payment cleared this morning.

D/D is set for the repayment amount, but it's flexible so I can also make additional payments directly through internet banking... so the payment went out this morning, but then they added the interest on. It's just under £60 a month at the moment, so I sent a second payment across for the amount of the interest, to bring the total down a little quicker :)

Sig updated :)
  • I take my pocket money each month in cash and divide it into the number of weeks in the month, and put that amount in my spending purse each week. If I spend it all in one day, there is no more till the next Monday.

We have a Lloyds loan which will be paid off in August. I transfer a set amount over the repayment each month and have brought the finishing date down by over 12 months. The more you pay the more the interest goes down.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    FoxFace wrote: »
    Small update to my loan as the next payment cleared this morning.

D/D is set for the repayment amount, but it's flexible so I can also make additional payments directly through internet banking... so the payment went out this morning, but then they added the interest on. It's just under £60 a month at the moment, so I sent a second payment across for the amount of the interest, to bring the total down a little quicker :)

Sig updated :)

Well done Foxface. You are doing great! :j
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Well done Fox you're doing amazing!

Have a lovely weekend :D
  • FoxFace
    I take my pocket money each month in cash and divide it into the number of weeks in the month, and put that amount in my spending purse each week. If I spend it all in one day, there is no more till the next Monday.

We have a Lloyds loan which will be paid off in August. I transfer a set amount over the repayment each month and have brought the finishing date down by over 12 months. The more you pay the more the interest goes down.

Yes, the pin arrived for my new current account today, so I promptly went and deposited my money into it and left myself £23 for the week. I'm going for a day out tomorrow with a friend, so that it's going to be fun not going on a spree :rotfl:
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Well done Foxface. You are doing great! :j

Thank you so much, it's the "thanks" and comments that keep me inspired and I know I have to try and keep this motivation going for as long as possible!
    Well done Fox you're doing amazing!

Have a lovely weekend :D

Thank you :) It's really quite satisfying seeing the numbers going down and making an active effort to get rid of all this debt! I hope you have a lovely weekend too :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure