Groupon - non fulfilled voucher - refund in Groupon credits!

can this be allowed?
I recently purchased a Groupon voucher via my credit card, but the voucher has not been redeemable due to being unable to contact the company on the voucher.
Groupon have agreed to refund the voucher - but by credit to my Groupon account, which is valid for only 6 months. Previously if a voucher was non-fulfillable, they credited my card.
I dont want Groupon credits!
Are they allowed to do this even though I have entered into an arrangement with them that they can no longer honour? Can they refund in their own credit system, rather than pay me back my money.
Not only have they now changed their customer service number to a paying number (originally was 0800) but now trying to avoid refunding when they are unable to complete their side of the bargain.
Why do all good things have to come to an end?

Comments

• Mk14:37
    Mk14:37 Posts: 624
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    leafy211 wrote: »
    can this be allowed?
    I recently purchased a Groupon voucher via my credit card, but the voucher has not been redeemable due to being unable to contact the company on the voucher.
    Groupon have agreed to refund the voucher - but by credit to my Groupon account, which is valid for only 6 months. Previously if a voucher was non-fulfillable, they credited my card.
    I dont want Groupon credits!
    Are they allowed to do this even though I have entered into an arrangement with them that they can no longer honour? Can they refund in their own credit system, rather than pay me back my money.
    Not only have they now changed their customer service number to a paying number (originally was 0800) but now trying to avoid refunding when they are unable to complete their side of the bargain.
    Why do all good things have to come to an end?

An interesting change in T&Cs. What is the value of the credit? I wonder if it's something that could be claimed back via the credit card company. What were the T&Cs when you bid for the item?
  • If you are on Twitter you could send a message (tweet) to the founder and CEO of Groupon: http://twitter.com/@andrewmason

As the fastest growing company in the world they can certainly afford to refund people properly instead of forcing them to respend their refund on Groupon!
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • I booked a spa day through Groupon for my mum for Christmas, but they have no availability and have had to extend their offer. They have no weekends available, and I can't go during the week as I'm starting a new job. The girl on reception was impossible to get hold of and really rude. She said it wasn't her problem and that i'd have to contact groupon direct.

I tried to call their number but it's not working as they're allegedly redoing their system, so i've emailed them requesting a refund.

I don't want groupon credits, as I've had a bad experience now and don't want to use them again! I don't think I used a credit card, so I probably don't have that protection...the T&Cs say refunds within a week of purchase, but obviously that doesn't apply to me!
  • I bought a fish foot pedicure at Wonderfeet in Warrington for my sister. They have just turned up and found that the voucher doesn't work because Wonderfeet haven't been paid by Groupon!!!??!! I have emailed Groupon but last time I did that it took them 6 weeks to reply. I am so annoyed. They took a day off work and have now had to pay full price for what should have been a free experience.
  • Groupon_Company_Rep
    Groupon_Company_Rep Posts: 25 Organisation Representative
    Hi there. We're extremely sorry to hear this. This is certainly not standard practice for Groupon. May we please ask your name so we may locate and reassess your complaint? Thank you.
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of Groupon. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • auroan
    auroan Posts: 241 Forumite
    Hmmmm, surly a company rep should be contacting people via pm.. not in open forum.
  • Well as there is a Groupon rep on here perhaps they will reply to these posts as Groupon still have not answered my email from 5th December and either ignore or delete any queries posted on Groupon's Facebook page:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=38703708&postcount=37

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=38733534&postcount=39
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • Well as there is a Groupon rep on here perhaps they will reply to these posts as Groupon still have not answered my email from 5th December and either ignore or delete any queries posted on Groupon's Facebook page:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=38703708&postcount=37

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=38733534&postcount=39

Also pm them to let them know about it and answer on here
    "If you no longer go for a gap, you are no longer a racing driver" - Ayrton Senna
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Jennbo18 wrote: »
    I bought a fish foot pedicure at Wonderfeet in Warrington for my sister. They have just turned up and found that the voucher doesn't work because Wonderfeet haven't been paid by Groupon!!!??!! I have emailed Groupon but last time I did that it took them 6 weeks to reply. I am so annoyed. They took a day off work and have now had to pay full price for what should have been a free experience.

I've got two of these vouchers and we're meant to be going in a couple of weeks. Does this mean that they won't be honoured if we turn up? Can the Groupon rep please advise why Wonderfeet aren't accepting the Groupon vouchers? I've never had a problem before?
  • Groupon_Company_Rep
    Groupon_Company_Rep Posts: 25 Organisation Representative
    Hi all. We're afraid that company reps aren't permitted to message users privately on the forums. What we've done to alleviate some of the concerns raised here is set up an account exclusively for MoneySavingExpert customers. Please send any Groupon queries you may have to mse@groupon.co.uk. These queries will be treated as a matter of priority. We appreciate that the current delays with regard to customer service are frustrating for everyone and for that we apologise. We hope we can help with this. Please feel free to post this here, there and everywhere! It is you, our loyal money-conscious customers that make Groupon what it is! Thank you.
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of Groupon. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure