Updated ASDA Coupon policy

Options
As I had read that ASDA were no longer taking vouchers I e-mailed them for their most recent policy. Here is the reply I received YEAH!!!:beer:

Thank you for your message.

Dear Mrs Mackaness

Thanks for getting in touch.

Our current policy regarding Coupons is as follows:

Asylum Seeker Vouchers
We do accept asylum seeker vouchers and they can be used to purchase anything in store.
Manufactures Coupons
We accept money off coupons. You don't even have to buy the product shown on the coupon. As long as we stock it you can use your coupon against anything in the store.
Please note this doesn't apply to cigarettes and lottery
Branded Vouchers
If you have a voucher for a set amount from a branded company you can spend it on any product in our stores just as long as we stock that brand.
For example you may have a £10 Kellogg's voucher. We stock Kellogg's products so you can buy anything you want with your Kellogg's voucher even if the product you want isn't made by Kellogg's.
We'd like you to spend the full amount of the voucher but it's up to you, if you would like change from your voucher then that's no problem at all.
ASDA's Own Coupons
ASDA coupons (ones that show our name, often are found in the ASDA Magazine) can only be redeemed if you have actually bought the product shown on the coupon.
Number of Coupons per Transaction
There's no limit on the amount of coupons you can use per transaction unless it is stated on the coupon.
Milk Tokens
Milk token have now been replaced by the healthy start vouchers.
Healthy Start Vouchers
Children in low income families, pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers may receive vouchers under the healthy start government initiative. These vouchers can be redeemed on the following:
" Milk (plain cows milk either whole, semi, semi skimmed milk), pasteurised, sterilised and long life.
" Infant formula milk that is based on cows milk and states on the packaging that can be used from birth
" Fresh fruit and vegetables (excludes pre cooked, frozen, dried or canned fruit and vegetables)
Luncheon Vouchers
We accept luncheon vouchers as payment, or part payment.
We don't give change on luncheon vouchers.
We don't accept luncheon vouchers as payment for alcohol products alone.

Internet Coupons
We accept Internet Coupons under the same stringent conditions as old style manufacturers' coupons:
1 That they are in date
2. They are not specific to different retailers (non Asda)
3. We stock the product

One temporary rule until we decide a more comprehensive policy is-
Only 1 internet coupon per product item in any single transaction - Unless the customer actually buys the product and in multiples that reflect the number of coupons tendered.

For a complete list of policies, please visit
http://www.asda-corporate.com/policies.

If you need any extra help, please let us know.

Kind Regards

ASDA Service Team

Comments

• m4rtin
    m4rtin Posts: 3,185 Forumite
    Options
    Looks good on paper arty but it is the same one as I got about 6 months ago!
    They definitely seem to be following the 'new' policy in the three ASDA's that I have tried recently i.e Coupons only allowed IF you buy the product, maybe because I only tried small shops but one even had a poster which said please put coupons on the belt with the product they are for!! Good luck but be prepared for :o:eek:
    :p:p Have a good [STRIKE]Tesc[/STRIKE][STRIKE]Asd[/STRIKE]WHO? day - Err....I still wish Mozzies had a better website even though they are now on MyS! :p:p :rotfl:;)
  • nickyt
    nickyt Posts: 915 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That's strange here is my reply I got:

Thank you for your email
    I can confirm our coupon policy has changed. The changes that have been made are as follows: -
    * We will accept all manufacturers' coupons (including internet coupons) in line with the terms and conditions of each coupon.
    * There is no limit to the number of coupons that can be used however store discretion has to be used.
    * Coupons accepted at our self scan checkouts will require host authorisation.
    * Competitor coupons will only be accepted if stores have been instructed by our Marketing team.
    * Also if you use a product coupon you DO need to buy the product which is stated on the coupon.
    Thanks again and I hope this helps you with your query, if there is anything else I can help you with please let me know.
    Kind Regards
    Tracey Shiel
    ASDA Service Team
    Thanks for any help and advice given
    ~~~Nicky~~~
  • nickyt
    Options
    I have just rang my Asda after reading your posting with the e-mail saying they do take them. Asda are saying this all changed in November and that they don't take them unless you buy the product. I told her that I have got a copy of the e-mail saying that they do still take them from Asda Service Team, so she is going to ring them and find out why this e-mail was sent and the correct policy. She is going to ring me back with the information as soon as she gets it.

Could I just ask if possible could you let me know the date you got this e-mail so I can state that it was infact sent after November if possible please.

They have just rang me back and say that this e-mail in a mistake and incorrect, their policy did change in November and they will only let you use coupons if you buy the item. They can only say that the person who sent the e-mail out used the old coupon policy template.
    ~~~Nicky~~~
  • artyfartymack
    Options
    I e-mailed the team yesterday and received this reply today 18th Dec 2008. I have printed it and will use it if there is a problem instore. At the end of the day 'new policy or not' if I have it in writing and dated then they have to honour it in my opinion. Happy to e-mail a copy to anyone who wants to PM me an e-mail addy.
  • artyfartymack
    Options
    No probs in asda again yesterday, used £5.45 worth of vouchers against my lunchtime shopping spend.
  • artyfartymack
    Options
    tried a different ASDA for my big chrimbo shop on Sunday and spent £200. Handed over £8.50 worth of MOCS and they all went thorough no questions asked.
  • Norfolk_Jim
    Norfolk_Jim Posts: 1,301 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Surely it will depend on the person on the till that it all goes through no questions asked - maybe they are having an "anything for an easy life" day while others have been having a rotten day and just got a lecture on not taking coupons blindly. Some know/dont know better, some could care, some could not. I'm finding it a bit like that when I want a carrier bag now.
  • nickyt
    Options
    Hi,
    Still refused at my Asda I showed them the e-mail again and said I have it in writing and they rang head office and said that no this was not their policy now and it's fraud. I replied if it's fraud it was Asda and Tesco that were in the wrong as they were the ones to start this policy in the first place. The lady went red and said your correct we did state we would except them but changed that policy in November. I replied that's fine I have no problem with this but It I only started using coupons on advice of Asda cashiers. I was very polite and friendy throughout, and have started using Morrisons more lately.
    ~~~Nicky~~~
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family