PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Comments

• DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,902 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    4.Ate an Easter egg that I got for my niece :o

!
    :rotfl: my lips are sealed

Good morning at work but half way through afternoon found out certain work i thought had been taken off me isn't going to be and felt very ill for 30 mins :( fortunately by 4 had recovered enough to get more done. This cant go on!!but this is the high 5s thread sooo
    1) got 2more dissertations off my desk :T
    2) last of the free sarnies for lunch :money:
    3) made lish kedgeree for supper. oH is away (and doesnt like kedgeree anyway) so other potion in freezer :beer:
    4) got inbox down from 450 to 325 (was 600 monday :eek:, was empty december but then we switched email service :mad: and i've been struggling ever since :eek::eek::eek: but hopefully...
    5) now in bed with a cat, a glass of wine, and 2 chapters of my book to go. Marking can wait :rotfl:
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,952 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 22 March 2012 at 11:20PM
    Very knackered tonight, but anyway

1. Had a hair cut. Don't like the way she styled it but didn't have time to complain and ask her to sort it or go home and wash it all out so had to just put up with it at work. The wierd thing is 2 colleagues separately told me it was like something out of "mad men" - freaky! Said they liked it - but i think they were just being kind.
    2. Yummy cheese rolls with HM chutney for lunch
    3. Surprise visit from a former colleague at lunch time
    4. The John Bishop sport relief "thing" on TV - I'm worn out just watching
    5. Dad is being moved to a less medical unit and which is the local community hospital, which should make it easier for people to visit. Well everyone except me, but I can't get there much. In other news, younger brother "collapsed" at the hospital while visiting dad and they were worried about his heart. Anyway, he was OK and they think he is just exhausted as he works very late.

Day off tomorrow and new washing machine is being delivered at a very convenient time - miracle!
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,151 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 22 March 2012 at 11:44PM
    VJ'smum - hope your brother is OK. Mine had to go to the doctors today. He has been playing about with the blood pressure machine dad has at home and found out his blood pressure is really high. He's 28, thin as a rake and plays cricket and tennis for more than one team so it's a bit odd. Will phone him tomorrow and see what they said to him.

5 from here.

1) Got up when OH got up (early...) but didn't half get a lot of stuff done!

2) Boys to school in good time. (!)

3) Cleaned all of kitchen plus the floor.

4) Went to yoga.

5) Went for a walk with my brother and his dog.

6) Smaller son in trouble at school again but this time for finding a trolley (presume some sort of equipment) and using it like a skateboard...

7) Went down to the river after school then popped into the pub for 2 games of pool with sons.

8) Tea using up bits and pieces was very nice.

9) Went for a walk through the village later.

10) Got lots of admin done and wrote cheques out for forthcoming school trips and events.

11) Borrowed dad's Country Living magazine so have come up with a cunning plan to revamp the kitchen. (It's not really a kitchen as such, more a selection of units that were tatty when I moved here - in 1999). I want to re-paint it and paint all the units and shelves so they sort of match each other.

12) Good news! My friend who recently had a lot of treatment for CIN3 (very nasty cells) had her results and they have taken them all away and she needs check ups every 6 months. So that is as good a result as you can get at this stage. :-) :-) :-)
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,902 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Vjsmum hope your bro makes a speedy recovery. Frith your kitchen plans sound lovely. Already looking forward to all your high fives tomoz. Finished my murder book and my wine so time for night night :wave:
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thursday's treats....

1. DD had an 'earache',so, a day off school for her, hopefully she'll be recovered by wake up time soon!

2. OH's mum took me to local town so I could go to the bank and a few other places, I had to stock up on children's pain medicine as 4:30am Thursday morning was not a great time to discover I only had one spoon's worth of Calp0l!!

3. My leg was feeling great til about 9pm and everyone was very lovely about me not needing a crutch when I went out in the evening.

4. Went out to my group thing, had very scrummy dinner and great chats

5. Brought some leftovers home, yay!

6. Arranged for a friend from the group to give DD and I a lift to church on Sunday

7. The sunshine again :)

8. OH came over in the afternoon for a sleepover and the 3 of us sat in the garden chatting for ages, he initially moaned about being cold and put his jumper on but tough, it wasn't at all and it's good for us all to get fresh air (rather than the very dusty indoors air and all the noise of things being bashed about) and top up our Vitamin D levels :)

9. OH and I had a little chat at bedtime, I'd been feeling a bit irritated by his over-stressing of time management as I'm very laid-back in that approach, and he'd been bottling up feeling a tad stressed about me being the world's biggest procrastinator and rubbish at timekeeping, so we have hopefully found a middle way and can see each other's way of thinking a bit better. It wasn't anything 'serious', just a confirmation that we are quite different in that respect and his explanations made sense and I can see what he's going on about as (hopefully) did mine, in that I'm trying not to pressure DD much at the moment as she's been through a huge amount recently with the move, me being in hospital, the house being knocked about, her father being even more useless than usual etc etc, so if I don't enforce things as strictly as I probably should, it's just that I want her to start relaxing and feeling settled more here. (Basically any excuse to keep cuddling her and talking rubbish is very welcome in my mind, as I know that soon enough she'll be 'too old' for her doting motherkins' affections!)

Right, back to bed for a little bit before starting the day properly!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,204 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hello from chilly Melbourne, this has been the coolest day of the year so far & the house feels rather chilly but not ready to put the heating on yet just a cardi & a pair of thick socks!

1.Hurrah for Friday ! It has been a trying week at work, we have been exceptionally busy & I'm tired! Was supposed to have a meeting at 3pm & person did not turn up.....grrrr! with no explanation! Waste of my time when I could have been finished for the day, however, the pleasure is it's done for the week and another weeks wages (well ) earned!
    2.Lovely sunrise on the way to work.
    3.DD2 made cupcakes when we got home , which were rather yummy & she made butter icing by herself for first time.
    4.Received a lovely letter from school council thanking me for my time & help. I was happy to do it but nice to be appreciated.
    5.39 weeks till I come home.....DD1 has it worked out in days & changes it on the blackboard every day!

Hope you all have a lovely Friday!
  • Tealady_2
    Tealady_2 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Morning

Pleasures for yesterday,
    1. Meeting a friend for lunch with her 2 lovely little girls.
    2. Boss letting me leave early as was doing some volunteer work with the Guides
    3. Friends of Guiding AGM went well though considering how many Rainbows, Brownies and Guides there are in the district there were not nearly as many parents there as should have been. Hopefully we raised a bit of money to support guiding in the area though.
    4. All my cakes sold, phew. Even the ones where the icing was a bit day glo pink :rotfl:
    5. Had a takeaway for dinner but used luncheon vouchers from surveys to pay for it so MSE really :money:

Hugs to all who need them
  • Chickenopolis
    Chickenopolis Posts: 1,450 Forumite
    Afternoon all !

Getting mine in early as going out later ...

1. Wow ! warm, sunny and just right for my day off :)

2. OH and I went to Brighton by train as it is cheaper than petrol and parking . Had a lovely time.

3. Did a reverbe twice . Once in the station when we left and once in Brighton station - 5p x2 for the roadkill pot / horse charity pot . Need to catch up with you Dundee Doll :)

4. Brought my Mum a Cath Kidston bag for £6 as it has a Corgi on it and Miss. Barker is the same make :)

5. Going out for a pizza tonight courtesy of Mr. T vouchers :D

Have a great evening and weekend all ! PK - I hope you enjoy the wedding and feel comfy in your chosen outfit . I am sure that you will look stunning :)
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,031 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Aw thank you Chickenopolis, sounds like a fantastic day in Brighton too!:beer:

Packing for the wedding hotel overnighter tomorrow, and looking forward to it as it’s been a long time!:o:)
    NSD/NPD, saving for 370 mile round trip!:eek:
    Using up leftovers to create a Spanish omelette for tea, well it will probably just turn out like scrambled egg with things in!:rotfl:
    Washing loads done and dried.

DH and I have chatted and decided that after the weekend is over we are going to try and get healthier, cutting snacks and going for walks at very least, I need to lose a bit of weight to feel a bit healthier and better , in myself, this time of year helps with longer days and better fruit!:)
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    1. Big reverbe of a shiny £1 coin when I was out this afternoon :)

2. I went out and bought garden tools so am looking forward to using them tomorrow!

3. One of my lovely friends is over with her children and we're going to feed them and start on the rose soon :)

4. The sunshine, always makes me ultra happy :):):):):)

5. Waking up happy with OH, who seemed in a good mood also :) He's also started talking about where we should go on holiday NEXT year! Blimey O'Reilly, talk about time-planning, lol :) I told him it would be silly as he'll have to pay for the lot as I have no money now we've moved, so hopefully he'll rein his ideas in a tad.....

6. Rose wine was on a 'special offer' in MrT's, slurp!

7. The building work is nearly done, and the place is looking great in a I can see how it will be when I find and order the bathroom and kitchen and have them fitted kind of way!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure