IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Lbc Gladstones advice pls - Fluttering ticket

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Yet another load of junk from Gladstones. Are they now employing school kids to write their letters.

So, if they are not going to enter into further correspondence, best to pre warn them that in view of their denial, you will now rely on the judge to obtain the answers required.

Sounds like this is going to be yet another case that will be published by the Parking Prankster

"LINK PARKING ... YOU HAVE BEEN GLADSTONED"
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 13 March 2017 at 6:51PM
    Dear Gladstones,

It is well known that fluttering ticket cases when appealed to Councils with proof of paying & displaying are generally accepted. Councils do not protest that ''to waive one charge on the basis put forward it would open the floodgates to the waiver of many more charges, making the parking management process that has been put in place entirely redundant''. Your suggestion that carmageddon would result, is ludicrous and typical of this greedy industry.

In private car parks such as this one where your ATA member/client frequents, it is widely believed (known even to the DCLG, now) that there is almost always no genuine 'parking management' in place. Your response demanding money under these circumstances is spurious and your blanket reliance upon the more complex Beavis case is ''entirely redundant''.

yours faithfully,
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Gemwill
    Gemwill Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 March 2017 at 1:03AM
    I have edited post #3 as can now post links.

Whilst my defence will look at frustrated contract - no issue of compliant tickets, I would love some pointers with the signs please.

Thanks Coupon-mad will draft it up tomorrow :)
  • Gemwill
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Dear Gladstones,

It is well known that fluttering ticket cases when appealed to Councils with proof of paying & displaying are generally accepted. Councils do not protest that ''to waive one charge on the basis put forward it would open the floodgates to the waiver of many more charges, making the parking management process that has been put in place entirely redundant''. Your suggestion that carmageddon would result, is ludicrous and typical of this greedy industry.

In private car parks such as this one where your ATA member/client frequents, it is widely believed (known even to the DCLG, now) that there is almost always no genuine 'parking management' in place. Your response demanding money under these circumstances is spurious and your blanket reliance upon the more complex Beavis case is ''entirely redundant''.

yours faithfully,

Hi coupon-mad
    Just a quick one please, do you think I should add anymore? Wondering if this is my last communication before court action should I ask for signs, layout etc?
    Thank you
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    you will likely lose then they will try to use that flawed decision in their favour at court.

If they do, it is very easy to rebut. It is anonymous, not in accordance with government guidelines, and turns the usual rules on their head. IMO an adverse decision by the IPC poodle is a plus for you.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Gemwill
    As I am starting to draft up my defence and then will post for advice, can anyone please have a look at the signs and advise me on wording - not a contractual offer or any other issues you can spot with the signs.
    Thank you

Gemwill wrote: »
    I was naive and assumed i was doing it right. Hard lesson ��

Edited as can now post links
    Signs etc
    This is the only sign I seen before I purchased a ticket, no reference to link or to other signs
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/dtkozplrv0za29y/20170114_210305.jpg?dl=0

Entrance sign no terms and no reference to other signs
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/r5hq7hhthee6fmv/FB_IMG_1483101243006.jpg?dl=0

Return visit to car park to take photos - seen on boundary wall mentions £50 at bottom
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/x9c60q9d29a3rzr/20170307_151741.jpg?dl=0

Few meters from sign above, £50 wording removed/changed
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7hzqqsodnel1oj/20170307_151809.jpg?dl=0
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Bumping for others to see.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Gemwill
    Cheeky bump x
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Have a look at the info here by the Parking-Prankster. The court case quoted should be referred to in your defence.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=sticky
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 April 2017 at 12:04PM
    Gemwill wrote: »
    As I am starting to draft up my defence and then will post for advice, can anyone please have a look at the signs and advise me on wording - not a contractual offer or any other issues you can spot with the signs.
    Thank you

Core terms including the £100 charge are in tiny font and thus are not saved by the signs in the Beavis case.
    See the inadequate signage template appeal point in post 3 of the NEWBIES thread.

The use of premium rate 'phone members is prohibited.

It looks like something may have been stuck onto those signs at some undetermined point in the past. I wonder what they say underneath, and whether the Ts and Cs underneath were in force at the time of the alleged event as opposed to what they say now. :whistle:

Have you had a look at the IPC CoP to see what it says about signs, their font size, and premium rate 'phone numbers? The BPA CoP is quite specific about this, but I am not familiar with the IPC sham CoP though.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business