Calling time on PIP

Comments

• Shecar
    Shecar Posts: 36 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hmm, I've been on these forums for 24 hours - It is obvious that there is a high element of contentious posting - which is a shame, as Disability and the problems it throws up should never be a matter for other peoples perverted enjoyment

:(
    Very happy early retired Mum, surrounded by the Welsh hills, our dogs, cats, goats and poultry

:grinheart:grinheart:grinheart:grinheart
  • Tommo1980
    Tommo1980 Posts: 406 Forumite
    edited 16 March 2017 at 12:53PM
    It is unfortunate. This forum in particular is usually quite constructive.

It is also a quieter one so much easier for one or two people to dominate the active threads. It will settle down when they get bored and move on.

Tom
  • bigbulldog wrote: »
    Sleepless nights my !!!!.....

You shop at M&S for your ready meals....
    Yes and why not? I worked from age 16 to 61 without any period of unemployment, paid £1000's in NIC & tax as well as private/company pension schemes.
    You drive a 50k car.
    Definitely, we are entitled to do so

You want a blue badge so your 50k car does not get damaged.
    Why not?

You want the government to fund your £500 Road fund license.
    Why not? given what I have paid in over the years and in giving us some benefit/acceptance from the government owing to my disabilities
    As I said before....

Scrounger and a fraudster .

Whatever. You would do the same if given half the chance.
  • rockingbilly
    rockingbilly Posts: 853 Forumite
    edited 16 March 2017 at 12:56PM
    Ames wrote: »

(Just one point though, at three for a tenner M&S ready meals are no more expensive than the supermarket mid to high range ones, and are much nicer. I think for people who have trouble cooking they're probably the best option out there.)

Precisely, why get rubbish when for similar money you can get top quality.
    If people are happy buying a 'burger and fries' from a takeaway for £1 (as mentioned on TV last night), good luck to them.
  • bigbulldog
    bigbulldog Posts: 632 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 March 2017 at 1:32PM
    Me thinks rockingbilly and Shecar are the same person.:)

Ames I'm not takin in by him I just find people like them get under my skin when there are more deservedly people have to go without and yes your right he is probably loving the attention.
  • Shecar
    Shecar Posts: 36 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    bigbulldog wrote: »
    Me thinks rockingbilly and Shecar are the same person.:)

Ames I'm not takin in by him I just find people like them get under my skin when there are more deservedly people have to go without and yes your right he is probably loving the attention.

And that is what I was referring to - keyboard warrior - You 'think' incorrectly .........

You disagree with my thoughts so make ignorant remarks ............. Unfortunately you are unable to discriminate between posters and lump them as one because they may 'think the same' - So by your way of thinking there must be two posters on here! - I don't think so!

I have come over to this forum for insight into how others with adult children with special needs go forward - but unfortunately got caught up with the politics of DLA/PIP - and short sighted people who believe that because others work hard they should support other 'elements' - believe me, that's how some of you come across.

For the legal issues brought about by PIP you might want to visit the other site I have used to enable me to complete my daughters migration paperwork. Benefits & Work - the forum on that site deals specifically with the legalities of the PIP process (as well as other benefits) The reason I used it - because I was unclear on how to fill out my daughters PIP form - the wording being completely ambiguous.

So, although I can appreciate that my views may be somewhat likened to the poster you have accused me of being, I can assure you I am not - Any moderator to this forum will be able to check IP addresses and confirm that!

As to the other comment above - We have gone without plenty ourselves, not least our home, buying our children Christmas presents from second hand shops, 1001 things to do with mince was my bible for years!

I think you need to really take a good look at yourselves and wonder why you resent people that have worked hard to better themselves. I made mention of tax payers in another post, it seems it needs simplifying, so ........without the tax payers the only pots you would have to dip into would be kept under your beds!

Forgive the vernacular but you have been extremely rude yourself!
    Very happy early retired Mum, surrounded by the Welsh hills, our dogs, cats, goats and poultry

:grinheart:grinheart:grinheart:grinheart
  • Well the post came this morning and with it a large plastic package from the DWP. Inside was a copy of the PIP2 as well as copies of the evidence that I sent with it. Still no DLA or ESA files. Am I supposed to get a copy of the reasoning for the decision other than the letter they sent me?

Not really had time to go through the form, but just from a quick glance I can't seem to find anything that is negative it appears to suggest that I don't have any difficulties doing anything..
    The middle pages part when reading a few sections gives the impression that it is all 'black & white'. Either I have no problems or I do. Some sections contradict others. Toilet for example it says that I have no problems getting off or on it and cleaning myself. Yet I sent them the original report from Social Services that they have installed a toilet frame and higher seat because of the problems that I was having - where are the points for having an aid?
    I presume by having the adaption this negates the difficulty. What it doesn't go on to say is that I still find it difficult to clean myself despite the aid. I told the guy all about that but he didn't put it in - he just seems to have made the shortest of comments in the box.
    I'll have a better read of it this afternoon to try and get a feel for the impression it would give a stranger reading it for the first time.

Looks like the guy certainly cocked up my chances as I thought initially.
  • Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 March 2017 at 12:29PM
    Well the post came this morning and with it a large plastic package from the DWP. Inside was a copy of the PIP2 as well as copies of the evidence that I sent with it. Still no DLA or ESA files. Am I supposed to get a copy of the reasoning for the decision other than the letter they sent me?

Not really had time to go through the form, but just from a quick glance I can't seem to find anything that is negative it appears to suggest that I don't have any difficulties doing anything..
    The middle pages part when reading a few sections gives the impression that it is all 'black & white'. Either I have no problems or I do. Some sections contradict others. Toilet for example it says that I have no problems getting off or on it and cleaning myself. Yet I sent them the original report from Social Services that they have installed a toilet frame and higher seat because of the problems that I was having - where are the points for having an aid?
    I presume by having the adaption this negates the difficulty. What it doesn't go on to say is that I still find it difficult to clean myself despite the aid. I told the guy all about that but he didn't put it in - he just seems to have made the shortest of comments in the box.
    I'll have a better read of it this afternoon to try and get a feel for the impression it would give a stranger reading it for the first time.

Looks like the guy certainly cocked up my chances as I thought initially.
    Well I think some of this has been covered already. Your DLA and ESA files you can probably assume they never bothered looking at... forget them unless there is evidence within those claims relevant to your PIP claim. You already have their explanation for their decision... it isn't sophisticated and never will be... they've gone through the activities and stated why they've awarded the descriptors they have...that is in effect their statement of reasons.

Yes it sounds like they've looked at the PIP2 and determined you are not claiming to have significant problems sufficient to score regarding the descriptors. I would put in a reconsideration request stating that due to running out of time and failing to get appointment with x or y you approached z and they hastily completed the form which you had to send off swiftly. State you are now going to go into greater detail regarding your problems and explain why their decision is wrong and which descriptors apply. I figure it will be an up hill battle... supply any supporting evidence and refer to it in reconsideration letter... recommend perhaps that they carry out a face to face disability assessment (if they do not then it may play well with a tribunal in that you'll have little to contest 'from them'.. and if they do it'll offer you chance to get primary evidence you qualify for PIP)... and do it within the month you have. You've little to lose... they might not change decision but at least you'll have your facts and arguments on the table along with simple explanation for poor PIP2 submission... and then you will be able to appeal where anything could happen... most likely dependent on whether they feel you are credible and have evident disabilities.

What is essential however.. I think you either put up or shut up... you need to take control of this claim or forget it... passing the buck of blame to others will not help you at all... and going gung-ho in attacking your PIP2 might backfire in suggesting you've signed your name to a document inclusive of false claims. You need to get off here... and get going with your reconsideration request... making it clear that you are requesting a mandatory reconsideration and blah blah blah.. then go through each of the activities you claim to have disablement sufficient to score points... detailing your problems etc. If you need any advice regarding interpreting the descriptors then there is various information out there including the DWP's handbook for DMs https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/547146/pip-assessment-guide.pdf

Take a copy of whatever you send and ideally send it signed for or recorded delivery in order to have some documentary proof your request was sent in time. Contact them a day after they should have received it and ensure they got it.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • bspm
    bspm Posts: 541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Well I think some of this has been covered already. Your DLA and ESA files you can probably assume they never bothered looking at... forget them unless there is evidence within those claims relevant to your PIP claim. You already have their explanation for their decision... it isn't sophisticated and never will be... they've gone through the activities and stated why they've awarded the descriptors they have...that is in effect their statement of reasons.

Yes it sounds like they've looked at the PIP2 and determined you are not claiming to have significant problems sufficient to score regarding the descriptors. I would put in a reconsideration request stating that due to running out of time and failing to get appointment with x or y you approached z and they hastily completed the form which you had to send off swiftly. State you are now going to go into greater detail regarding your problems and explain why their decision is wrong and which descriptors apply. I figure it will be an up hill battle... supply any supporting evidence and refer to it in reconsideration letter... recommend perhaps that they carry out a face to face disability assessment (if they do not then it may play well with a tribunal in that you'll have little to contest 'from them'.. and if they do it'll offer you chance to get primary evidence you qualify for PIP)... and do it within the month you have. You've little to lose... they might not change decision but at least you'll have your facts and arguments on the table along with simple explanation for poor PIP2 submission... and then you will be able to appeal where anything could happen... most likely dependent on whether they feel you are credible and have evident disabilities.

What is essential however.. I think you either put up or shut up... you need to take control of this claim or forget it... passing the buck of blame to others will not help you at all... and going gung-ho in attacking your PIP2 might backfire in suggesting you've signed your name to a document inclusive of false claims. You need to get off here... and get going with your reconsideration request... making it clear that you are requesting a mandatory reconsideration and blah blah blah.. then go through each of the activities you claim to have disablement sufficient to score points... detailing your problems etc. If you need any advice regarding interpreting the descriptors then there is various information out there including the DWP's handbook for DMs https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/547146/pip-assessment-guide.pdf

Take a copy of whatever you send and ideally send it signed for or recorded delivery in order to have some documentary proof your request was sent in time. Contact them a day after they should have received it and ensure they got it.

I believe the poster has already stated he has sent in a claim for AA, although this too might be a fabrication.

Totally agree with you, he really needs to stop blaming others for not filling in forms right to qualify for PIP, it is HIS form, he needs to tick the boxes that are applicable to him stating why he believes he qualifies and not supposedly say 'I told the Job Centre person this and he put that' so it is someone else's fault.

it is no ones fault but your own, they say PIP is more difficult to be given than DLA was, I believe DLA was just easier, hardly any checks and indefinite awards to lull people in to a false sense of getting money for nothing.

Like has been said, put up or shut up, enough is enough.
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    He hasn't got long Muttley. He's already two weeks in and he has got his AA application submitted. Unfortunately, his usual prevaricating has likely stymied any chance of getting help which he clearly needs

I am pretty much inclined to the view that whatever is said on the MR will make little difference. He scored zero points and unless there is something on the PIP2 form which points to serious issues the fact that he signed the form having taken it home won't help

And, of course, if he then puts in a coherent and cogent MR it would go against the "I didn't understand the form it's all the nasty DWP man's fault" argument

I'd tend to the view that he does (depending on whether he has changed his mind again about giving up on PIP) an MR along the lines of what you have said and then seek advice on the appeal
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure