kids pass membership cancellation

Comments

• emidee
    emidee Posts: 71 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 December 2016 at 11:09PM
    Be very, very careful about signing up for this 'free' trial -

I did, out of curiosity - realised it wasn't much use to me, & cancelled, via the kids pass website, a few days after the trial was set up.

I was more than a bit surprised to find yesterday that they've since helped themselves to £29.99 from my bank account!! >:(

I complained by email, but of course because the cancellation process is via a form on their website, I have no proof of it so I'm screwed.

Do yourself a favour & avoid this company.....for the sake of a 'free' trial the hassle & unexpected expense is simply not worth it.:mad:

Update: I've just been browsing the 'Kids Pass' reviews on the Play Store - it would appear I'm not alone, many, many others have reported the same experience - this company make a habit of ignoring free trial cancellation instructions, take the years' subscription fee & then pretend that they have no knowledge of the cancellation (which is conveniently only online or by phone).

If you think you've cancelled, make sure you have an email to prove it. If you don't, then you probably haven't cancelled! :O
  • Sneaker
    Sneaker Posts: 462 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I am disgusted at having money taken out of my bank. I sent several emails to them to cancel and they ignored me. They have now said they do not accept emails as a cancellation but I couldn't see anything on the app on how to cancel. Any success stories in getting £ back?
  • Sneaker wrote: »
    I am disgusted at having money taken out of my bank. I sent several emails to them to cancel and they ignored me. They have now said they do not accept emails as a cancellation but I couldn't see anything on the app on how to cancel. Any success stories in getting £ back?

More info needed.

You signed up to the free trial and didn't cancel in time?
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Sneaker wrote: »

Item 6 of the Terms and Conditions
    You can cancel your membership and automatic renewal at any time during the first 30 days period by calling 0161 244 8225 Monday – Friday from 09.00 – 17.00 or by writing to us at York House, Vicarage Lane, Bowdon, WA14 3BA. You will receive an email to confirm the cancellation of your account plus a cancellation reference number for your records.
  • stemcgoo
    stemcgoo Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    apart from anything else, this company are a complete shower when it comes to complaint process. I sent an email with my letter as pdf attached, they reply that they cannot deal with a complain that way and I have to post it in to them.
    Shower of ....
  • Danydad
    Danydad Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 11 July 2017 at 3:11PM
    I'm afraid I've been caught out too! Yes, admittedly the warnings are there regarding the cancellation policy but I too feel aggrieved and think business models such as this are unethical. They have the technology to see if members have used their accounts and should be obliged to notify customers that they are receiving no benefit from membership and query them as to whether they wish to proceed with full paid up membership.
    As a business strategy it's as old as the hills. You just have to cancel and put it down to experience.
    I'm not sure MSE should be giving exposure to Kids Pass though?
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,549 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I forgot to cancel Amazon Prime after using it for a single order. Thought damn and blast and silly me etc. But now they have sucked me into the i can get it NOW!!!

I am in a Prime Now area and ordered something at 17:20 and it was delivered at 18:30. Thats service. Order certain items and get it the same day, they deliver upto 10pm.

I wonder if Amazon China can deliver stuff within 48 hours instead of 2 - 4 weeks?

Only person to blame for not cancelling is myself. I clearly knew the date but being lazy I forgot.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 July 2017 at 9:41PM
    I forgot to cancel Amazon Prime after using it for a single order. Thought damn and blast and silly me etc. But now they have sucked me into the i can get it NOW!!!

I am in a Prime Now area and ordered something at 17:20 and it was delivered at 18:30. Thats service. Order certain items and get it the same day, they deliver upto 10pm.

I wonder if Amazon China can deliver stuff within 48 hours instead of 2 - 4 weeks?

Only person to blame for not cancelling is myself. I clearly knew the date but being lazy I forgot.

Now thats really good service, worth it for the £79 a year.
  • hotbern
    hotbern Posts: 130 Forumite
    Danydad wrote: »
    I'm afraid I've been caught out too! Yes, admittedly the warnings are there regarding the cancellation policy but I too feel aggrieved and think business models such as this are unethical. They have the technology to see if members have used their accounts and should be obliged to notify customers that they are receiving no benefit from membership and query them as to whether they wish to proceed with full paid up membership.
    As a business strategy it's as old as the hills. You just have to cancel and put it down to experience.
    I'm not sure MSE should be giving exposure to Kids Pass though?

Totally agree with this later point - MSE it's got to the point where so many people (admittedly through our own tardiness) have got stung that maybe you should stop promoting them as money saving?
    June 2009 - Wii; December 2009 - Fortnum & Mason Hamper; 2009 - Little Red Tractor DVD; How to afford time off work book; April 2010 - Mamas & Papas Pram; May 2010 - Imperial Leather Goodies; Jan 2011 - Trivial Pursuit cards; Narnia goodies; VTech cot mobile (stopped comping!) Nov 2011 - Kiddicare cotbed.
  • hotbern wrote: »
    Totally agree with this later point - MSE it's got to the point where so many people (admittedly through our own tardiness) have got stung that maybe you should stop promoting them as money saving?

I hate all this talking of dumbing things down just because of the laziness/tardiness of some people.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback