PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

House pinned- told after sale!

2»

Comments

• Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    An underpinned house, done properly, will be a strong house, so it's the prejudice, rather than the chance of it happening again, which causes the down-valuing.

Underpinned houses may make good homes for the people who understand them, but that's not everyone. They can even make an unaffordable area a possibility, thus becoming a better long term buy than an unstigmatised house in a less salubrious area.

I'd say judge the property on its merits. If it comes in at the right price it could be fine, but ultimately it'll depend on you and your attitude to the stigma attached.
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Lots of are underpinned.

If there are no signs of movement since it has been done, then I don't really see a problem.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • I think the fact that it has work to be done and then the stigma attached is putting me off. Regardless the surveyors are re valuing the property so im supposing thr amount the bank will lend will also be cut.

if i get it at the new price il go ahead otherwise not for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure