Selling on eBay and money in PayPal

Hi all,

I’ve sold some stuff on eBay to the total of £91 and have the money sitting in PayPal. I’m a discharged BR and have an IPA in place but pay nothing to it anymore due to my circumstances.

Do I need to to inform the OP about this as it could be classed as extra earnings?

Comments

• will £91 change the world?...
    Now we all know how it felt to play in the band on the Titanic...
  • Not in my eyes but I don’t want to cause any fuss.
  • debt_doctor
    debt_doctor Posts: 4,595 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi,

Personally I wouldn't see selling your own stuff that were not classed assets in bankruptcy as income to be considered in an IPA.
    DD
    Debt Doctor, Debt caseworker, Citizens' Advice Bureau .
    Impartial debt advice services: Citizens Advice Bureau Find your local CAB *** National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000*** BSC No. 100 ***
  • If this is just household belongings and the money will be used for other general household belongings, (rather than a business and £91 is a weekly/daily occurrence,) I wouldn't worry about it.
    Save £12k in 2024 #29
    January take lunch to work goal - 13 of 19
  • TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I sold enough stuff on ebay to pay for my BR fees - several hundred pounds. The OR never said a word and the paypal payments were clearly shown on all my bank statements. I really don't think you have anything to worry about. I didn't give details of my paypal account to the OR simply because it never occurred to me that I should - I didn't think of it as a bank account as such. Like I say - there were loads of paypal transactions on my banks statements and the Or never mentioned it once.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure