Time to start again

Comments

• Morning HappyDaddy,

Well done so far in your MSE journey. .95p spend yesterday, well done :T.

I like your idea about putting £1 away every day. That £365 next November would go a long way towards Christmas. Good Idea.

Are you working today? Hope it goes well.

Great news about getting access to your daughter on Christmas day. That must be the worst part of being separated. Someone is always going to feel miserable on Christmas day. But glad its not you this year.

Just make sure you don't go crazy and over-spend just because you have her home. she wants her Daddy not lots of junk toys xxxx

Have a great day, the rain has stopped here and is forecast dry and cold for the rest of the week, so hopfully that will give the flood waters time to go.

Take care
    StressedSteph
  • Well good morning everyone The sun is shining here in the North East, Well i have a day off today and Christmas is starting to be on my mind i am going to head off into the Darlington to start Shopping i am going to make two box hampers for her, she loves Girly pampering stuff, and she loves to draw and create stuff so, i am going to hit the pound shops for a couple of hours :) and see what happens Have a great day talk later X happy daddy x
  • Well the end of Day Ten of moneysaving reality has hit that i am going to have to start my Christmas shopping i went shopping with a close friend I got my dinner bought for me and she even paid for the carpark x thankyou it means a lot its been good to have a bit of me time for a couple of hours, once back to my mum and dads i ate the soup that was kindly made for me by my daughters mum once again i really appreciate what has been done for me today, work wise i have registered on Amazon sorted more clothes for the big clothes dejunk , I have advertised on freecycle I know now what i am going to be selling now so amazon and ebay i am going to be start ebaying and amazoning things over this next couple of days I have done my daily swagbucks reached my daily goal :) My loose change has gone into my savings pot and I have put a pound into my sealed pot Phew right going to get of to bed theres a 12 hour shift ahead of tomorrow.

Spends for today

five pounds worth of sweets from the pound Shop

Night everyone x
  • Morning HD,

Sounds like you had a very good day yesterday and a cheap one :T.

I expect by the time you read this you will have finished you 12 hour shift, so hope it went fast, thats one hell of a days work. But think of the money :D.

Good idea about the hampers, sounds like you could make a big present and it not cost too much.

The ladies in your life are being very kind to you, although you DO DESERVE IT :).

Speak soon
    Steph
  • MrsDL
    MrsDL Posts: 27 Forumite
    Hi Happy daddy!
    You sound like a great guy and you are doing such a great job! Well done and keep it up.
    I have subscribed to your post and looking forward to your updates
  • Hi a quick update before i go to bed i have been up and since 7am this morning and i have done a 12 hour shift 8am-8pm i havent really done much in looking for deals although i have been on swagbucks and done a yougov survey got another 12 hours shift to do tomorrow, feeling tired but i will be fine just keep myself going keep motivated and keep smiling, i am feeling lucky to be honest reading your comments Steph i am blessed to have good people around me and i have been totally upfront with my friends explaining my situation and i will forever be thankful and help them wherever i can.

My Spends for Today
    0.88p for my Dinner
    Three pound donation at work my work colleague has cancer she is undertaking chemotherapy we are buying her some artificial flowers to cheer her up
    0.94 for my tea i passed two tescos on the way home and bought a lot of salad and fruit from the reduced stall and made a lovely turkey salad with fruit salad yum
    my loose coinage has gone into my pot- one pound has gone into my other savings pot and a two pound coin has gone into my other pot :) Right going to get some sleep night everyone x
  • I tried to post something yesterday but my heart wasnt in it to be honest, I was attacked quite severely at work and its shook me up quite badly to be honest to be honest i am proud of the job i do working as a carer but i am finding more increased levels of not much support its frustrating although the press focus on the badness of care there are good places that provide good support , yesterday days spends were 2.50 i bought a wee bit of alcohol after work just to really try and chill a bit. Today i worked 8-2 and yesterday 8am-8pm I have so looked forward to seeing my daughter today i have hugged her to death, i cannot wait for the adventures with her this weekend bring it on, My spends for the day 67.00 for petrol i havent eaten much to day just not feeling up to it Well, i am off to bed its freezing keep safe one and all keep warm x Happy Daddy x
  • Well i have been feeling just so low in mood over the last couple of days due to a situation at work, but i am fighting back and determined to get back on track, I have my daughter for the weekend so i will worry about the next day when it happens, so i will focus and contue with my journey and pick myself up and get motivated will give a proper update later on with things once i have enjoyed the rest of the day with my daughter and shes has gone back to her mums enjoy the rest of your day folks x Happydaddyx
  • harrys_dad
    harrys_dad Posts: 1,997 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sorry to hear you were assaulted at work, make sure you report it properly in writing using the appropriate procedures so there is an official record. This will be important later if it leads to you having to have time off work. I hope you are having a great day with your daughter. Chin up and keep going, we are all here to support you.
  • Harrys dad thank you for your help i so really appreciate your advice hopefully i will get a better idea with whats going in the next couple of days with whats going to happen, I am going to try and stay positive :) Originally i was supposed to be at work today but when i went for an 8-2 shift i was sent home we have lost 3 residents since Thursday and because of this staffing hours will be cut until we get new residents in, although losing a days pay i was sort of pleased to have a day off I had to take my daughter back to her mums early, she went home last night as she had a very special singing performance today, she sang to the new Archbishop of Canterbury the suprise look on her face when i turned up and she saw that i was there it was magical and thats what i love i am so proud to be a dad and show my love for her. My afternoon was based on a few things me and Emma watched a movie together and we enjoyed each others company colouring in and joking around before she went home at 5:45 pm
    This evening was based on doing a few things around the home I do try my best to help my Mum and Dad around the home with chores and DIY they are so good to me and very supportive.

Spends for today has been nothing
    Hope everyone has had a good weekend stay safe X
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family