Storage auctions in the UK?

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,153 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I think they said that it wasn't filmed. :(

Have you looked at Dave Hester's profile on Facebook ?

No.....(off to have a look)

Don't forget it's on again tonight:D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • pelirocco
    pelirocco Posts: 8,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    We have a storage company , with a few unpaid units ( containers ) , trust me , the ones who vanish owing money do not have anything of value in there lol
    Vuja De - the feeling you'll be here later
  • pelirocco
    pelirocco Posts: 8,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    There was a news clip earlier this week about Storage Wars. Someone found $500,000 worth of pirate coins in a locker they paid $600 for

Its amazing how they always find something of value in those units ;)
    Vuja De - the feeling you'll be here later
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I've came to the conclusion that most of the storage unit's must belong to deacesed people. Some of the units have so much valuable stuff inside them that it would be crazy not to pay the fee to get them back.
  • Strapped
    Strapped Posts: 8,158 Forumite
    I've never seen the programmes people are talking about here.

But if anyone likes the idea of buying a storage container with unknown/vague contents, then just to say that it is possible to buy "orphaned" containers at the docks. The less paperwork/vaguer the description then the cheaper the price, but the higher the chance of a surprise (or shock) when you transport it away and open it! "Container roulette" :D
    They deem him their worst enemy who tells them the truth. -- Plato
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    pelirocco wrote: »
    Its amazing how they always find something of value in those units ;)

They must have hundreds of hours of people finding carp that we never see :rotfl:
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • soolin
    They must have hundreds of hours of people finding carp that we never see :rotfl:

They do sometimes show 20 people sorting through piles of stuff and shoving it straight into the bins and writing off the locker as a waste of $ 500.

I do get a bit cross through with the wanton damage, especially when Barry gets going. He'll just throw still packed boxes to the floor just to get something he's seen at he back of the unit, You often hear a box smash as he throws it out the locker.

All repeats though last night, ba'h
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin wrote: »
    They do sometimes show 20 people sorting through piles of stuff and shoving it straight into the bins and writing off the locker as a waste of $ 500.

I do get a bit cross through with the wanton damage, especially when Barry gets going. He'll just throw still packed boxes to the floor just to get something he's seen at he back of the unit, You often hear a box smash as he throws it out the locker.

All repeats though last night, ba'h

The new series is on tonight at 10 :T
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • soolin

Really....I missed that on the schedules- will go and set the Sky box up now.

Thank you
  • EssexGirl
    EssexGirl Posts: 976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary

What channel is it on please? I can't find it on the planner.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure