PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 30th March 2015

Options

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Frizzle wrote: »
    Pigpen- school stuff n the sales? If you don't mind me asking where did you get it from and what did you get? My eldest will need new uniform now but to be fair he didn't get any in September so it is overdue!

Next.. I didn't look at the boy stuff as mine are all left school in a few weeks.. I will have grey age 15 trousers going spare in a couple of weeks though ;) I fot pinafores and trousers for the girls .. 3, 4, 10 & 12.. there is always loads available in skinny sizes. :)

My good feelings about the rain worked.. the wind woke up about 3am and blew away the clouds.. so it is sunny and windy and freezing out there so my washing is out merrily blowing.. I told the boys their bedding is next, just to traumatise them.. :p

I am sorting shoes to donate to OHs cousin today and starting on packing my bag.. I might even get some sorting done in my room.. I have a few returns to return too.. will sort those too.

Todays tv obsession.. 'Brufus' the big red dog!!! .... Dot is a bit mad lol
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    edited 31 March 2015 at 11:10AM
    Options
    Magnificent Monday - Master bedroom and Landing
    Strip and wash the bedding
    Wash the windows
    Vacuum the mattress before remaking the bed
    Wipe any grotty paintwork and furniture
    • HHI

Twinkling Tuesday - Bathrooms and office/study
    type places.

Wash mat
    Vacuum the floors
    Clean bath, toilet, shower and sinks
    Wipe down the tiles
    defragment the pc while doing this. - need to find out how to do this to an iPad :o
    Clean the windows.
    Extras
    • HHI..
    • Clear a hotspot
    • Degunge around the bottoms of the taps!
    • Wipe cupboards and polish mirrors!
    • Do a DIY task that you have been putting off since time began.
    • Dead head daffodils if plants have finished flowering.

My list
    Finish personalisation on 1st cross stitch
    Send Easter cards to family
    Finish matinee jacket
    Plan meal out
    Plant planters
    Mils cleaning
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • just_the_two_of_us
    Options
    Afternoon everyone.

MIA because the laptop decided to do flashing blue screen yesterday and it is only just sorted!!
    Thanks for the lists Natty and Dusty
    Get well soon vibes to those needing them.
    Happy holiday vibes.
    Dusty - Good news about your mum.
    Not done much flying, thought the washing is up to date as is the ironing and I have done one load of bedding this morning. Also done some paperwork sorting each day.

Yesterday I did an extra shift at the ch shop to make up for not being there on Maundy Thursday. Today I have done my vol job at SW. Managing to maintain my target weight - despite a few naughty treats each week - so now need to up a gear and lose a few pounds more in preparation for June when we are going all inclusive for the very first time!!

This afternoon I plan to deep clean front bedroom and remake the bed. Then there is some more paperwork to do.

Catch up tomorrow - have a great rest of Tuesday.
    July 16 £95/£200
    Nov 16 £0/£200

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don't need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself." Thich Nhat Hahn
  • Frizzle_2
    Frizzle_2 Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    Options
    Dropped mum off at the hospital and tried to get all my jobs done. Have completed Monday's list apart from the mountain of ironing which I will do tonight in front f the tv as hubby is out! Even did the filing that I had sorted out weeks ago and was still sitting in piles in the study.
    List for the rest of the day...

Twinkling Tuesday - Bathrooms and office/study type places.
    Clear the clutter from all these rooms!!
    Vacuum the floors
    Clean bath, toilets, shower and sinks

Extras
    HHI x 6!!!!!!!
    polish mirrors!
    Dead head daffodils if plants have finished flowering.

If time- sort out CDs......
    Grocery challenge-
    J- 52.40/£200 M- 187.56 A- 212.93 M-193.44 F-201.31 J- 240.62 D- £149.27 N- £210.69 O- 196.80
    S- 213.68 A- £213.03 J- 249.66 J-206.29, M- 252.91, A-£250, M- £250

debt free as of feb 2015. Now saving for deposit for new house! Moving in June 2015!!!
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,664 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Did a late night declutter of the bathroom cabinet. Have finally put a small box (a plastic mini-skip I was given as a 'funny' present from my mum) in the cabinet and put in it all the small stuff that falls out every time I open the doors - tweezers, nail clippers etc. So simple but so useful.

Done zumba this morning, coffee with 'girls' and now at uni. No student till 2pm but it's pay claim week so lots of paperwork to fill in.

Absolute wild wind last night; looked out of window this morning and nothing seems to have fallen down, but I've seldom heard wind so strong.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon all

So very windy here, couple of shirts on the line with a mass of pegs, rest on the maiden.

DS3's science teacher rang to say he has burnt his blazer in Science. He is ok but ver upset, he hates ruining uniform. Will need to see online who has what in stock.

Frizzle healing vibes for your Dad.

Narco thanks for thinking about the HF but no it was just a virus thing. DS3's HF has not been too bad so far this year, religiously doing the AH at night time, he did need his inhaler yesterday. Rest of us are fine now. Well done on your swimming.

Going to finish cleaning the bathroom and then wash the rest of the towels before a cuppa - AGA blown out in the wind again, must ring the engineer.

Oh and chasing up orthod worked, assessment appointment next week. Speaking of which hope Skinty is ok.
    Froddy how is your leg?

Looking forward to LW being back too.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 31 March 2015 at 2:31PM
    Options
    Thank you Jazee - they arrived this morning and I've planted some from each packet. I'm not good at this seed business, so I'm making a real effort this year. If some of them come up that'll be great, if not at least I've decluttered the rest, but the tomatoes were the ones I really, really wanted to get to grips with, so many many thanks. I'll try a few more in a fortnight's time and so on, and that way the limited space we have will be put to best use and hopefully we don't get a glut all at once.

WM x 2 firmly pegged and blowing.
    Better is good enough.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Warfarin check done, godDD and partners engagement card posted

Hailstones the size of golf balls hammering down!!!

Doing cupboard under the stairs as I realsied half of the displaced things in the lounge should have a home in there, so four carrier bags of rubbish binned, a large bag of fabrics sorted for school art and textiles dept and a bag of crafting stuff for the CS. I'm currently cutting buttons off a pearly queen outfit I made DD2 when she was at primary! Over the years I've unpicked one as I've needed it but the buttons will take less space in my button box and DH can use the Tshirts to polish the landy then it can be binned.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Afternoon all

Have been busy in the kitchen for what seems like hours but nearly finished. Curry sauce simmering then can freeze it when cooled.

Did my exercises this morning and forty minutes of Spanish so both brain and body feeling a bit mushy now.

I'm just having a cuppa - then off to sparkle the bathroom

Anyone up for joining me for a HHC at 3.00

Back laters
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    I'll join you Lynne, I want to aim to have everything neatly back in the cupboard by 3.30
    I did say to DH wheni got it all out and made a start if anyone was coming round this would be the day as it looked like a bomb had dropped.
    SPC~12 ot 124

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure