Cheap Parcel Delivery - official discussion

Comments

• I really like C+. The local drop off place is a 5min walk and is open until about 8pm so no waiting for couriers to call. I have used it several times and so far everything has arrived in reasonable time - It's marketed as an economy service NOT a next day service. The price is great, the ease of use is great, it's easy to track an item. I found out about it via ebay and book through a site parcels2go
    Just a tip with C+, always book through collectplus.co.uk , as you get higher insurance as standard, and better customer support.
  • Does anyone know the approx cost, or the cheapest company to use for a parcel to Australia, weighning 10kg and having the dimensions of 50cm x 50cm x 50cm?
  • piglet25 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the approx cost, or the cheapest company to use for a parcel to Australia, weighning 10kg and having the dimensions of 50cm x 50cm x 50cm?
    Cheapest I could find was Parcel Monkey at £90.89
  • Tara100
    Tara100 Posts: 258 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi,

Please can you contact [EMAIL="paulg@collectplus.co.uk"]paulg@collectplus.co.uk[/EMAIL] with your full name, tracking number and telephone.

We will try and get this resolved for you as quickly as possible.

Thanks

Hello

16th November I began a claim for damages through Collect Plus, and was e-mailed a claim form which I filled in and returned to the sender named Katharine. There has been no response or acknowledgement of receipt, so I resubmitted the claim form five days ago with the message:

Hello

I sent my claim form over a week ago and have had no response.

I have attached again it to this mail, and would appreciate a reply to let me know that you have received it this time please.

Kind regards

Unbelievably, I still haven't had a response.
    I really don't want to believe that the insurance cover is a shambles, but so far, I have little else to think.

Who can help with this matter please, and before the year is out?
    Thank you
    All you need is love (and chocolate)
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Are there any parcel agents with lots of drop off points, that also dispatch to Europe?
  • WLM21
    WLM21 Posts: 1,495 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have used Collect+ several times and have had great service. As previously mentioned, their Customer Service Team have been very helpful whenever I had the need to call.

For more bulky items, I have used GWhizz Couriers and have found their service great too. I always opted for their UPS option, rather than City Link.
  • Hi

Can I ask advice on posting a 32" TV please, weighs 14kg and it's in original box and packaging.

I've spent hours looking around the postage sites etc but most seem to have all TVs on the 'prohibited list'.

Lots of people seem to sell tvs etc on ebay so it must be possible?

Any ideas as to what it would cost to post it with insurance (£500value) would be helpful.

TIA
  • vet8 wrote: »
    I will start this thread by saying Avoid Hermes.

I have literally been waiting 6 weeks now for parcels from 2 different companies. Hermes will not deliver if you live in an unadopted road, they have confirmed that to me. They are supposed to then transfer the parcel to UPS who come in a van, but even though the companies have now sent 5 different parcels between them none have arrived. Apparently the parcels are too small to go to UPS so Hermes will not deliver then and will not pass them on so I do not get them.

Ebay sellers, be warned you are liable for a lot of negative feedback if you use this firm. From what I understand they are good if things go smoothly, but if there are any problems they are USELESS.

All absolutely true, I think I posted something along these lines some time back. I remember having a frank conversation with a Hermes supervisor about the ridiculous nature this. What I can't remember is whether it's down to the individual courier, since they use their own transport, if they want to go down a private/unadopted/unmade road or Hermes' own policy. Anyway, I've not found any issues with UPS delivering, the local driver is excellent.

UPS are by far the best for sending too, preferably through a broker as they ain't cheap. I used to use Parcels Please but they may have gone to DHL. so it will probably be back to Pharos Parcel for this festive season.
  • Hi peeps
    I'm an avid Ebay seller and have found that "collection only" items don't sell particularly well so I've recently investigated couriers. I have to say that I've only used MyHermes and CollectPlus but so far (fingers crossed) I haven't had any problems with either. I book CollectPlus direct and MyHermes through Parcel2Go because I know one of their Directors but very interesting that you only get £20 compensation if you use Parcel2Go and £50 if you book direct - worth knowing for the future. I believe CollectPlus is run by Yodel anyway but I have found it easier dropping it off at my local shop. My ONLY issue with this is that the shopkeeper is very nosey. He keeps asking me am I returning shopping items - makes me very suspicious. Might just be that one shop but I just bullxxxt him anyway. :)
    Addicted to saving money :j (or just tight)
  • buglawton wrote: »
    Are there any parcel agents with lots of drop off points, that also dispatch to Europe?
    DHL Service Point
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure