The Top Easy Access Savings Discussion Area

Comments

• paulboy83
    paulboy83 Posts: 255 Forumite
    If you have interest paid monthly then tax has to be paid monthly, its not something thats specific to ICICI.

I dont quite understand your second point, what is FD?
  • Both First direct and Alliance and L have accounts that don't pay interest on the whole capital in the month the money is withdrawn. You can get full interest by withdrawing your whole capital on the 1st day of the month. Who here would invest with FD with their pathetic rate of interest?
  • tradetime
    tradetime Posts: 3,200 Forumite
    Am afraid for my first post I have to echo the disatisfaction with ICICI bank, the whole account opening process is a shambles. I began on Nov 29th and am still waiting for confirmation that my account is open, in thaat time I have opened no less than four accounts with other banks and funded them. When you factor that into the interest they may have a high headline figure, but with a couple of months lost to open they are nothing more than mediocre. I also have to wonder that if they are this slow opening what sort of service can we expect once they have their hands on the money
    Hope for the best.....Plan for the worst!

"Never in the history of the world has there been a situation so bad that the government can't make it worse." Unknown
  • Yes I have had this problem with other companies as well. I find it best to print off the terms and conditions then apply. I did find ICICI to be on of the easier accounts to open, been ok so far.
  • Yes I was caught out by a B+B esaver account paying a lower rate than the present online account. I have moved my cash to a more straight foward honest bank.
  • pjl_2
    pjl_2 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Been trying to open an account for well over a month now with no success.

- First cheque went missing.
    - I forgot to date the second cheque, doh! but they also rejected it due to a mis-match in the sort code; apart from the hyphens being missing they did match!
    - It's been 10 days since I sent the third cheque but that it not on their system yet.

Starting to become well frustrated as I want to transfer a largish amount (well for me anyway) so will have to start looking for alternatives.

Have to say though that I'm impressed by how quickly I can get through to talk to a person, I just wish that they could be more helpful over and above just reading and responding to what's on the screen in front of them.

Peter.
  • Yes I was caught out by a B+B esaver account paying a lower rate than the present online account. I have moved my cash to a more straight foward honest bank.

You found an honest bank??? Next you'll say there's life on mars.
  • tradetime
    tradetime Posts: 3,200 Forumite
    My acct finally got opened, so 29th November until 25th January was my experience. Am puzzled why they do the cheque thing since they do not allow deposits by cheque, just seems to add several days to the opening process without actually acheiving a great deal, but can't be bothered to get into a discussion about it with them.
    Hope for the best.....Plan for the worst!

"Never in the history of the world has there been a situation so bad that the government can't make it worse." Unknown
  • nicko33
    nicko33 Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    tradetime wrote: »
    My acct finally got opened, so 29th November until 25th January was my experience.
    My experience opening an ICICI Hi-Save account was much better.
    applied online on 15-Dec (Saturday)
    they asked me to post a cheque on the 17th
    confirmed receipt of cheque on 21st
    account set up on 22nd
    don't remember when the password was received through the post, but it was quick
  • Northern Rock started a new account last week that is 6.9% fixed for one year, and it's easy access with no penalty, although you need to wait for a cheque to be sent. It's a standard bank account taxed as usual but the rate is fixed at 6.9% which is very high and with it being fixed it's even better considering the expecting interest rate drops this year.

I've already got an application form, as it's limited offer.

-Web
    Sense is not common.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport