"CITYMAIN ADMINISTR" bank account charge

Does anyone know what "CITYMAIN ADMINISTR" is?

I have been making regular payments to CITYMAIN ADMINISTR and I have no idea what it is, does anyone know?

I have finally started to take control of my finances, and found this strange item in my account. I have cancelled it, and just have to wait and see what it is.

Comments

• According to this thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=191664&page=2 they are a mobile phone insurance company.
  • Thanks. I have managed to track them down further.

Apparently, it is a small print Mobile Phone insurance. You know the type, where you get if free for 3 months, forget about it, then get charged a silly amount. Well this is one of those.

The monthly mobile phone insurance amount is £5.99

The address of the company is:

Citymain re A1com
    Paul Kelsay
    City Administrators
    18 Church Road
    Fleet
    Hants
    GU51 3RH

Tel 0870 4587002 (this is a 0870 number and is therefore chargable)

I managed to phone them up and get the Direct debit canceled at their end, then cancelled it via my bank. They only caught me twice, so I consider myself lucky.
  • xplizit
    xplizit Posts: 17 Forumite
    aarrgghh. just noticed this myself. is it only mobile phones they deal with? i can't work out what else it could be but don't want to cancel without being sure in case it's for somethign else. barclays won't let me go far back enough to see how many times i've been had but it's at least twice. :mad:
  • makes_cents
    makes_cents Posts: 103 Forumite
    I cancelled my direct debit with them and heard nothing.

Maybe it would be a good idea to cancel and write to them quoting any reference number you got when you purchased your phone.

MC
    MBNA CC: -£8390
    Father-in-law loan: -£4500
    Student loans: -£17,120

Total debt: -£30,010 :mad:
  • I've noticed that on my statement for a coupl of moths now too and kept thinking I must find out what it is - thanks for the reminder! Must cancel it tomorrow!!
    :D GOD BLESS DURAN DURAN :D
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no 293 Proud to be dealing with my debts
    March NSD 5/10 March Make £5 Day £99.28/£155
  • I've just checked on saynoto0870.com and the geographical number is listed as 01252 788300 - that's what I'll be trying tomorrow!
    :D GOD BLESS DURAN DURAN :D
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no 293 Proud to be dealing with my debts
    March NSD 5/10 March Make £5 Day £99.28/£155
  • xplizit
    ok i'll get on the case tomorrow too :)

sneaky b*stards
  • xplizit
    wow that was far more painless than i expected. rang the 01252 number, chose option 5 and got through to someone straight away. they're sending me a letter to confirm the cancellation. didn't have to post them anything etc

bad news is i've apparently been giving them £5 a month since july :cry:
    how i didn't realise sooner i don't know but am a bit gutted :mad:
  • :mad: :mad:
    Thanks for this guys- I have been paying for a hugely embarassing amount of time (for a contract I have now upgraded even) believing I HAD NOT insured the phone (I would have claimed it I'd have known too mind you hearing what I minefield claims are maybe not!).

i guess this was another P4U sneaky and I'm a moron- I know!

Anway, cancelling was painless, nicelady on the phone and she will send a cancellation letter.

Chopped the DD off too!
  • 01983 618300 Is The New Geograhical Number

ACCORDING TO http://saynoto0870.com/numbersearch.php
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills