IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - Aldi

Hi

I have a parking fine from Parking Eye stating that I exceeded my time on an Aldi car park. I did actually pay the parking but not having my glasses with me I entered the incorrect registration number without realising I had done this. I have the origional ticket & till receipt for this day

What should I do?

Comments

• Orford
    Orford Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Ignore everything, as in:
    Do not pay
    Do not communicate with them in any way,email, phone, letter
    After 3 or 4 ever more threatening letters they will go away.

Here's their letter-chain of what you can expect:
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/156986-parking-charge-notice-parking-6.html#post2652589
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    You don't have to do anything. Just ignore them and don't contact them. You have done nothing wrong and you do not owe them a penny. For further reassurance please read the other threads on here that deal with private parking tickets.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Thanks for the comments but I have already e-mailed them stating that I had a valid ticket giving them the reg no I incorrectly put into the machine.

Their reply was that my appeal was denied!!!

I have no intention of paying this fine as I feel they are acting in an unreasonable manner
  • Orford
    Orford Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    Daisy33 wrote: »
    Their reply was that my appeal was denied!!!
    They invariably do, the appeals procedure is a total sham.

I have no intention of paying this fine as I feel they are acting in an unreasonable manner
    Excellent,cease all contact from now on and just ignore everything
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Daisy33 wrote: »
    Hi

I have a parking fine from Parking Eye .....

No you don't! You have an unenforceable parking invoice from Parking Eye! Just ignore all letters from them, the bogus debt collectors, and the bogus solicitors letters, they are all trying to scam you, they are a bunch of chancers, and you have paid in any case. The thing to do now is IGNORE ;)
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • mayforher_2
    mayforher_2 Posts: 214 Forumite
    Why have you received the fine? Is it because you parked in the aldi car park, stayed for longer than the time shown or didnt shop in aldi?
    Debt Free by Xmas 2014!
    Lloyds Credit Card - £3418
    Barclaycard Credit Card - £1813
    Lloyds OD #1 - £1650 Lloyds OD #2 - £900 Natwest OD - £500
    Bank of Dad - £500
    Total debt - £8791
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    mayforher wrote: »
    Why have you received the fine?

its not a fine!
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • AlexisV
    AlexisV Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    Doesn't matter. It's not a fine and Parking Eye should be ignored, as always.
  • mayforher_2
    mayforher_2 Posts: 214 Forumite
    taffy056 wrote: »
    its not a fine!

you know what i mean. invoice whatever.
    Debt Free by Xmas 2014!
    Lloyds Credit Card - £3418
    Barclaycard Credit Card - £1813
    Lloyds OD #1 - £1650 Lloyds OD #2 - £900 Natwest OD - £500
    Bank of Dad - £500
    Total debt - £8791
  • mayforher wrote: »
    Why have you received the fine? Is it because you parked in the aldi car park, stayed for longer than the time shown or didnt shop in aldi?

Who knows? This is Parking Eye we are talking about, not normal human beings.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure