Where/how do you change nappies at night?

Comments

• antispam246
    antispam246 Posts: 941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Why would you change a nappy in the lounge?

Eh? Sorry, odd question, really not sure how to answer. Shes in the lounge mostly during the day, so i guess thats it.
  • antispam246
    antispam246 Posts: 941 Forumite
    Because you have to go to the bathroom to wash your hands afterwards and you'd use your dirty hands on door handles etc in the way.

Pretty much as your first answer. Seriously, use some common sense, every home doesnt have the same layout. Its further to go from the bedroom to the bathroom than it is from the lounge to downstairs toilet. I find it more odd that a lounge door would be closed over than a bedroom door.

For the record we're temporarily at families until our purchase is complete, not sure if its relevant but i guess its an odd enough answer to an equally odd question.
  • amalis
    amalis Posts: 532 Forumite
    fabforty wrote: »

OP - do you have friends/family members with babies - i.e. someone that you can talk to? It sounds as if you are following some sort book for advice. They have their place, but are no substitution for common sense and hands on experience.

You are right, I have no one to talk to about babies thats why all my information is coming from books... and forum :)
  • sooty&sweep
    sooty&sweep Posts: 1,316 Forumite
    Hi
    I bottle fed so I had to go downstairs to heat bottle so I fed / changed in the lounge.

My son was a nibbler, he'd fall asleep before he'd finish his bottle & then wake up fairly quickly wanting another feed. So I'd feed him, then change him to wake him up again to get him to finish his feed so he slept longer.

I always changed mine on a mat on the floor as you can't fall off the floor !

Jen
  • wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I did it on the bed or floor.
  • fabforty
    fabforty Posts: 809 Forumite
    amalis wrote: »
    You are right, I have no one to talk to about babies thats why all my information is coming from books... and forum :)

In that case I would suggest finding a pregnancy group, mother/baby group, stay and play etc, in your local area, where you can meet other mums and mums to be. The fact that you haven't had your baby yet won't matter. Google or try Mumsnet and Netmums.
  • topdaddy_2
    topdaddy_2 Posts: 1,408 Forumite
    I always used a changing mat on the bed, day and night.
  • savingmummy
    savingmummy Posts: 2,915 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    I used to do it on my bed on a mat.

I changed my babies wherever they were even in the back of the car :rotfl:
    DebtFree FEB 2010!
    Slight blip in 2013 - Debtfree Aug 2014 :j

Savings £132/£1000.
  • Kynthia
    Kynthia Posts: 5,665 Forumite
    Because you have to go to the bathroom to wash your hands afterwards and you'd use your dirty hands on door handles etc in the way.

With a small child in the house it's more than the door handles that get dirty. :) Unfortunately I can't always rush straight yo the bathroom when I touch something gross, and our bathroom isn't big enough for a changing area.
    Don't listen to me, I'm no expert!
  • DFWannaBee
    DFWannaBee Posts: 31 Forumite
    amalis wrote: »

Are you on a pregnancy forum? I joined one when I was pregnant and we had a thread for those of us due in the same month and I still talk to those girls now our babies are 4 months old - invaluable to get real mummy advice not just a book

RE: the changing question - wherever is convenient, before a feed so you dont wake them if they fall asleep but I used to change her on the bed on a towel, dont really understand why you'd wake them even more to go to another room just to change them jthen bring them back to feed?? Maybe thats just me but the least disturbance as possible in my book and shes not suffered for it yet!:rotfl:
    DFW - Diary "Running out of time! Trying to get debt free & house ready by June 2016"
    Proud to be tackling my debts
    December Balance - £7233/£9115 - 79.4% paid off (OVER 3/4 OF THE WAY THERE!:T)
    Estimated DFD - [STRIKE]December 2015[/STRIKE] May 2015!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure