PPI reclaim - But I dont know the account numbers

2»

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    MISSC2011 wrote: »
    thanks Di

Ill let you know how I get on.

But yes I am entitled to reclaim the PPI as when i took out both loans I was told I couldnt have the loan unless I took the payment protection too !!

Your very welcome Miss C

It should have been optional, and they should not have pressurised you with taking out the ppi.
    Good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • ok so I looked at Fscs website. It said I could ring welcome to ask them to send me an application. when I did they said only PPI on one account. I am sure thats not true so do I write to them and request a statement of transactions ? and send a £1 cheque ?
    sorry for all the questions but I am new to all this!!

Thanks

Miss C
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    MISSC2011 wrote: »
    ok so I looked at Fscs website. It said I could ring welcome to ask them to send me an application. when I did they said only PPI on one account. I am sure thats not true so do I write to them and request a statement of transactions ? and send a £1 cheque ?
    sorry for all the questions but I am new to all this!!

Thanks

Miss C

Hi there

You could request a SAR (Subject access request) where they must send all the data they hold on all account held with them over the last 6 years, but this one costs £10 cheque or postal order.

There is a SAR template letter on link below, I would add all the account numbers you have on that SAR letter request so they will send all the details on all then, so only enclose the one cheque of £10.
    You can tweak the SAR letter to your requirements if you want to
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1475553

I assume any charges of statements should be enclosed on the SAR.

The one where you pay the £1 for is just for requesting for a copy of the agreement, but it will not disclose any charges on that one.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • I left my own claim of PPI until last. I have now hit a brick wall.
    I had in 2004 a Black Horse home loan for a kitchen. The repayments were made via a paying in book. I was self employed and told 'No PPI no loan'. The loan was repaid early, we moved in 2012 and I destroyed the paperwork. I have contacted Black Horse on two occasions and they claim that they can not search old records with names only account numbers.
    The kitchen company went into administration in 2008.
    Where can I source my account number???
    Please help.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    CharlieDog wrote: »
    I left my own claim of PPI until last. I have now hit a brick wall.
    I had in 2004 a Black Horse home loan for a kitchen. The repayments were made via a paying in book. I was self employed and told 'No PPI no loan'. The loan was repaid early, we moved in 2012 and I destroyed the paperwork. I have contacted Black Horse on two occasions and they claim that they can not search old records with names only account numbers.
    The kitchen company went into administration in 2008.
    Please help.

It is likely that Black Horse, even if they did find details, would say it was not sold by them but sold by the Kitchen company. It is the seller you complain to.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • PPI Horror
    'No PPI no loan'
    :huh: confusing.
    What were you hoping to achieve?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts