Earn money. Recycling ink-cartridges.

Comments

• deefadog
    deefadog Posts: 2,190
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Yeah, i'd like to know if the Tesco scheme is still running, i startedto collect these ages ago and i have over 70 empty cartriges! Would be good to get them down to Tesco's :)
  • airbag
    airbag Posts: 53 Forumite
    nice link, thanks mate
  • deefadog
    deefadog Posts: 2,190
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Tesco scheme is still running, i got loads of bags and it's up to 10 a bag, so you get 10x50 points per bag!

I sent mine off over a month ago, i wonder how long it takes for the points to be added?

Anyone recived them yet?
  • Deep_888
    Deep_888 Posts: 452 Forumite
    spotter wrote:
    Also useful: Selling empties, inkjet and toner

and for Epson cartridges: Epson Cartridges Thread

These sites dont work.... i keep getting an error :confused:
  • monkeyspanner
    monkeyspanner Posts: 2,124 Forumite
    Have loads of Epson cartridges but nobody seems to accept them any help appreciated.
  • LNORRIS
    LNORRIS Posts: 13 Forumite
    deefadog wrote: »
    Yeah, i'd like to know if the Tesco scheme is still running, i startedto collect these ages ago and i have over 70 empty cartriges! Would be good to get them down to Tesco's :)

Yeah the Tesco thing is still going I think - I would contact The Recycling Factory who deal with the cartridge recycling scheme for tesco!!!

Also you can recycle printer cartridges to raise money for yourself or charity......it is really good tel is 0800 0910696 and web is https://www.therecyclingfactory.com - I do not think they take Epson though!!!

I hope this helps!!

:D
  • scott12345
    scott12345 Posts: 27 Forumite
    The company you are selling these cartridges to is known as a broker

They will sell the cartridges on to refilling firms such as Jettech or cartridge world

They don't accept Epson cartridges because it is far cheaper to buy compatible cartridges than it is to refill them and there are 1000000's around

Tesco does not credit for epson cartridges (Check their site)

And 50 points is alot less that £2.00

If you have empty injet cartridges try https://www.catseatmice.com, they dont advertise prices but of you email them then they will give you an empty cartridge price

A much more cost effective method is to have your cartridge refilled once agaon just email them and ask what discount you will get for supplying an empty cartridge
  • MORPH3US
    MORPH3US Posts: 4,906
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Has anyone ever used http://www.therecyclingfactory.com .....?

I sent a load of carts off a few weeks back and they acknowledged receiving them in an e-mail but have never paid out...

I e-mailed them and they gave me some rubbish about "payments are made at the start of the month so you would have missed the June one, you'll get paid at start of July" but needless to say, still nothing has turned up.

I'd be very weary of sending anything into these people until we know they are going to pay out honestly! Will report back if anything turns up... Really annoying me because I have loads more carts waiting to go off and need the £££ but not going to let them get away without paying up!

M
  • MORPH3US
    MORPH3US Posts: 4,906
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Update, just got my £15 cheque yesterday... not bad for sending off a few ink cartridges that I had no use for!

The cheque took quite a long time but least now I know they are legit, I can send off loads more that I have lying around!

M
  • colin79666
    colin79666 Posts: 1,348
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    the same company ^ are behind the tesco ink cartridge recycling thing - you can pick up envelopes in most stores
    you get 100 points per cartridge which could be worth £4 in deal time vouchers ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure