Plusnet Landline dead since Monday.

Robisere
Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
This is my third post concerning Plusnet and their promises. It seems that they really do not care how they treat regular customers, just like almost every other ISP, they prefer to treat new customers and ignore long term ones.

My landline went down sometime on the afternoon or evening of Monday the 24th. I reported it next day, then Plusnet website and phone lines were down. After much research, I found that they had been carrying out Maintenance from the 24th. This was noted by them on the website, but who accesses that when there are no problems, and who can access it when the site is actually down? I have had 3 assurances that this is being dealt with, the last promised rectification on the 28th.

Perhaps they should yank the TV ad, it is no longer descriptive of their service. They certainly have not done me proud!

Any comment from the Plusnet Rep? Thought not!
I think this job really needs
a much bigger hammer.

Comments

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Robisere wrote: »

Any comment from the Plusnet Rep? Thought not!

...I feel your pain...but bear in mind you are posting on a Sunday evening of a B/Hol weekend -don't think the Customer Care reps work outside the normal week.:)
  • Swipe
    Swipe Posts: 5,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    ...and the delay is probably down to BT open reach
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    As noted above - PlusNet are in the hands of BT, and you get what you pay for. Would OR fix BT faults faster...? Perhaps..... (They may have a higher service level guarantee).
  • Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Bank Holiday or not, the BT Openreach engineer came this am at around 8:30. After several checks, a climb up the pole that delivers my line and a walk down to the other end of the village to check the FTTC installation, she * concluded that there was a Fibre fault and fixed it.

*Yes, a lady engineer, I was impressed, but I wish my 2 granddaughters had been here, I am always telling them that there is not much that a male does, that they cannot do!

Fault fixed, off she went and all seemed fine. Then I got a landline confirmation call from Plusnet and I could not hear the caller, his voice was so faint. Now they say they will fix that, however calls from my son & daughter are quite clear, although both are local.
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Robisere wrote: »
    Then I got a landline confirmation call from Plusnet and I could not hear the caller, his voice was so faint. Now they say they will fix that, however calls from my son & daughter are quite clear, although both are local.

MAY not be your line -last time I phoned PN Towers re a renewal quote, I struggled to hear ,so much so that I gave up and tried ringing in again the following morning.:)
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    brewerdave wrote: »
    MAY not be your line -last time I phoned PN Towers re a renewal quote, I struggled to hear ,so much so that I gave up and tried ringing in again the following morning.:)

Don't forget, plusnet are based in the third world!
  • Plusnet_company_representative
    Plusnet_company_representative Posts: 475 Organisation Representative
    Hi there,

I think I've just replied to a similar thread elsewhere on these forums from yourself. Hopefully the remaining issues with the phone will be fixed asap.

Chris
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Plusnet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure