Natwest Technical Issues

Comments

• cherylim
    cherylim Posts: 96 Forumite
    Posted here earlier on another username (an old and barely used account). Just returned with this new account, because I think I might be on MSE a bit more. Quite like it now that I've looked around a bit!

Anyway, just to say that some time this evening my account has gone back to normal. All transactions seem to be back as they should (unless a client has paid me and it's not yet arrived, but I'll check with them next week), and finally I'm able to make payments and check my statements, both of which I was blocked from at lunch time.
  • Cate1976
    Cate1976 Posts: 406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Kittiej: Thanks, will do that if it comes to it and ring to explain why bills are being late.

paul_h: Thanks for that, hopefully I'll still get the money I'm due.
  • nilrem_2
    nilrem_2 Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just checked online again.

I can now see my statements but it is still impossible to do any transfers or payments. I still cannot pay my credit card bill which is with Natwest!
  • paul_h
    paul_h Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    cherylim wrote: »
    finally I'm able to make payments and check my statements, both of which I was blocked from at lunch time.
    Access to statements has been restored for me too, but I still cannot send any payments or make transfers.
  • Shmurple
    Shmurple Posts: 11 Forumite
    Is the Natwest site completely down now? I can't access it at all, just get an error message :-S
  • sproggi
    sproggi Posts: 1,560 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    I can now view my statements, however, the cash that I drew out from the bank counter yesterday still shows in my account.
    Cash transactions usually show straight away, so I really hope that people realise this is happening and do not draw money out thinking they have more than they actually have.
    'We can get over being poor, but it takes longer to get over being ignorant'
    Jane Sequichie Hifler
    Beware of little expenses.A small leak will sink a great ship
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Mikazaru
    Mikazaru Posts: 380 Forumite
    Shmurple wrote: »
    Is the Natwest site completely down now? I can't access it at all, just get an error message :-S

I haven't been able to get on there all day, constantly get an error message.
  • nilrem wrote: »
    Just checked online again.

I can now see my statements but it is still impossible to do any transfers or payments. I still cannot pay my credit card bill which is with Natwest!

Hi, I also had this problem but when I went into Branch the staff did the payments manually on their computers so all my bills were fortunately paid. I can draw money out from the cash machine but cannot do any online transactions myself x
    Nov NSD: 8/7 Dec NSD: 1/10
    Sealed pot member #1443 2011: £106. 2012: £171
    Ninjakat challenge: Aim to clear two debts by April 2013
    100 day challenge: No toiletries or magazines 19/100 (3 x fails :()
    Extra payment a week challenge: Total to date: £2355.53
  • nilrem_2
    nilrem_2 Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Mikazaru wrote: »
    I haven't been able to get on there all day, constantly get an error message.

The latest info states -:
    Our online service is currently experiencing technical issues so many customers will be unable to log in. For those customers who can log in, balances may not be up to date and the ability to make payments or transfers may be restricted. We are continuing to work on a resolution to this.
  • catokelly
    catokelly Posts: 354 Forumite
    How long is it going to take for things to get back to normal?

It is shocking that no proper update is being given. Fair enough they are opening bank branches etc.. but I want to be able to use my debit card to shop online or to pay instore whenever I need to, those things I used to take for granted!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure