PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS ways and Poor Health

Comments

• At the Drs today, still have the UTI so more medication, increase in Ramipril put off for at least 2 weeks.........

Did manage to do the ironing at long last, all put away. Towels washed and dried on the line. The electric meter has also been changed, waiting for them to ring me re changing our tariff for both gas and electric.

OH was at the dentist, he has an abcess under a tooth they took the root out of in December. I just wish we could go a couple of months without him coming down with something........I am running out of patience after 27 years.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,087 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Evening everyone,

As I suspected I would be I've been shattered today and sore after physio so it's been a kindle/duvet day and I'm feeling the better for it. Need to get my proverbial in gear tomorrow and start cleaning/tidying/cooking in prep for guests on Saturday. If I pace myself and do it over the next few days I can then hopefully enjoy the company. I'm keeping it simple with lasagne for main and my friend is making a cake for dessert so looking forward to that:D
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 8 March 2017 at 6:02PM
    I thought I'd done ok yesterday; walked and fed Lizzie, bathed, collected prescription meds for myself and Mr LW from town, did F&V shop at the market, did a bit of a revise of some of the First Aid for Dogs course (I have 4 more months of it being available so going over it again to ensure I have all the relevant notes, and make sure the information lodges in my brain), made a choc mousse, walked Lizzie again, made veg sausages and roasted roots for dins, fed Lizzie again (she has her food in 2 lots, brekkie and dins) - and today I'm no use to man nor beast, I've seen to Lizzie's needs and done bu88er all else.

Meh! :cool:

Caronc make sure you do pace yourself, and have fun on Saturday. :oYeah, I know, "pot - meet kettle" :D
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Prinzessilein
    Prinzessilein Posts: 3,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Evening all....I have been having a very quiet couple of days. I took meds on Sunday -and that resulted in sleep-walking my way through the next couple of days.

We also had the 'fun' of the central heating breaking down However, I have to give the council their dues. A gas leak was reported in the building, so they had to shut down the whole system for a day or so - and they came round to each flat and gave us a small, portable fan-heater to use until everything is sorted. So at least we haven't been cold!

The council are also painting the 'common areas' at the moment - UGH I hate the smell of paint! (I can taste the paint too...I always 'taste' smells!)

I need to get my repeat prescription sorted...I phone it through to the chemist and they send the request to the GP and phone when the meds arrive)...my brother is visiting at the weekend and could go to the chemist and collect it for me! (It will be a skin-care prescription, washes moisturisers, shampoos and steroids et.c....it can be a weighty pack!)

Hope everyone is taking things easy and managing to get a little rest!
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    I'm fuming today. Asked gp to test my thyroid function and he said yes. Went down to nurse today, she took blood, I asked is this thyroid function, and she said no it's just TSH. I said TSH is useless for me as my pituitary gland doesn't work. She said oh well I just have to take the bloods that's all.
    So I now have to phone him back tomorrow and ask why he did this, then make another appt, go back down the bl00dy road again, 20 mile round trip, Bah lol. After waiting half an hour last week then watching the gp go out on an emergency call. Does anybody else have useless doctors?
  • caronc
    Evening everyone,

Ended up not doing much at all tpday as really tired and unsteady so chores in the main remain undone:( Still the dust and stoor will still be there tomorrow:)

mardartha how frustrating, I'm really fortunate my GP practice is pretty decent. Only one blip a good few years back when they computerised their medical records. I have a pretty unusual name, what are the chances of someone else in the same practice having the same name? Well you guessed it there are two of us in the same area and they combined our records:eek: I "acquired" a daughter almost the same age as one of my sons!! I had to to a very lengthy interview with the lead GP and go through all my notes (as I assume did my namesake) to get things sorted:)
  • LameWolf
    I had a similar thing when I was still married to the ex. There was a woman with the same last name, and an almost identical given name, which if she used her middle initial sounded the same as my given name - like Annie Smith and Anne E Smith, iyswim; they were forever getting our records mixed up. (This was before computerised records). In fact thinking about it, I have to wonder if there are still things on my records to do with her and vice versa.... :think:
  • CurlyTop
    CurlyTop Posts: 379 Forumite
    First Anniversary PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi everyone

I'm still here, every day reading how we're all getting, but not posting much.

Well I'm a fine one to talk about pacing. Went to CBT last Thursday. Left there, popped into town, somehow managed to stay on my feet walking slowly for over 3 hours .... and have paid for it ever since. Stupid child that I am!!!

On the way home from work, I popped into retail park as I am in the process of changing my storage containers for those with easy opening lids as I struggle to get lids off. Was there 2 hours walking round very gently. The walk home took me 45mins or more. I was struggling at the end. I opened the front door and there was an envelope I never recognised the address for. You'll never guess what .... I've been accepted for a disabled travel pass. I sat and cried...1) for the fact that I have never applied for any assistance in the past so I'm chuffed as chips and 2) I cried because although it doesn't say disabled on the pass, it's looking at something in black and white that reminds me of the position I now find myself in and I hanker back for the old fit version of me that used to do crazy things like, wave hubby off for long distance work for the day, only for him to come back and find the living room painted a different colour etc.

Hey ho, tears wiped and dried. I've had my couple of minutes of being a bit low. Today is a new day for christening the pass. Moreso, the sun is shining. I bought a top yesterday in M&S sale but it was a size 12 on a 16 hanger. As much as I got it over my big boobies (and I'm still puzzled how), it will be going back, so gonna get the bus to the train station, then get the train to town as its a much shorter version to walk to the branch of M&S I need to go to, then doing journey in reverse.

Will pace myself today for definite. Will start to look at PIP information. Still undecided on making a claim.

Have a good day everyone. Stay warm and freer from pain and niggles today than you were yesterday. virtual hugs x
    I got there - I'm debt free and intend to stay that way. If I haven't got the cash, it doesn't get bought. It's as simple as that.
  • caronc
    CurlyTop wrote: »
    Hi everyone

I'm still here, every day reading how we're all getting, but not posting much.

Well I'm a fine one to talk about pacing. Went to CBT last Thursday. Left there, popped into town, somehow managed to stay on my feet walking slowly for over 3 hours .... and have paid for it ever since. Stupid child that I am!!!

On the way home from work, I popped into retail park as I am in the process of changing my storage containers for those with easy opening lids as I struggle to get lids off. Was there 2 hours walking round very gently. The walk home took me 45mins or more. I was struggling at the end. I opened the front door and there was an envelope I never recognised the address for. You'll never guess what .... I've been accepted for a disabled travel pass. I sat and cried...1) for the fact that I have never applied for any assistance in the past so I'm chuffed as chips and 2) I cried because although it doesn't say disabled on the pass, it's looking at something in black and white that reminds me of the position I now find myself in and I hanker back for the old fit version of me that used to do crazy things like, wave hubby off for long distance work for the day, only for him to come back and find the living room painted a different colour etc.

Hey ho, tears wiped and dried. I've had my couple of minutes of being a bit low. Today is a new day for christening the pass. Moreso, the sun is shining. I bought a top yesterday in M&S sale but it was a size 12 on a 16 hanger. As much as I got it over my big boobies (and I'm still puzzled how), it will be going back, so gonna get the bus to the train station, then get the train to town as its a much shorter version to walk to the branch of M&S I need to go to, then doing journey in reverse.

Will pace myself today for definite. Will start to look at PIP information. Still undecided on making a claim.

Have a good day everyone. Stay warm and freer from pain and niggles today than you were yesterday. virtual hugs x
    Yes curlytop I remember the feeling when my pass came through last year I applied when dvla revoked my licence, as you say it feels like confirmation that the person you used to be is no longer:(
    Have my list of "must dos" for today if I have any hope of being organised for Saturday - it's shortish so hopefully manageable. I'm also going to try and reduce gradually the amount of lying down I'm doing and see if I can manage to still the dizzies without resorting to bed, we'll see how it goes:)
  • LameWolf
    CurlyTop wrote: »
    I cried because although it doesn't say disabled on the pass, it's looking at something in black and white that reminds me of the position I now find myself in and I hanker back for the old fit version of me that used to do crazy things like, wave hubby off for long distance work for the day, only for him to come back and find the living room painted a different colour etc.
    Awww, sweetie, I know exactly how you feel regarding this. I bet loads on this thread will empathise, too. It's like grieving for a "you" that no longer exists, isn't it? (((HUG)))

I want to be able to again
    • Garden
    • Spring clean the house
    • Go into town on my own
    • Ride a horse (gods, I miss that!)
    • Run with my canine guest
    • Abseil (I did this for charity 15 years ago, off the roof of the John Radcliffe hospital)
    • Ride a bike
    I could go on - the list is endless. Heck, at this point I'd settle for being able to bathe and dress unaided! :D

I don't know how we come to acceptance, haven't yet figured that one out. :cool:
    In the meantime, enjoy the extra dimensions of travel the pass will give you. x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure