Here we go...

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi lovely. Sounds like you are having a really tough time. I would kick up a stink about the nectar points - that's so annoying and really not your fault.

I am going to keep my fingers crossed for you with the auction - you never know what might happen on the day....Just so I understand, once it's sold, you'll possibly still have a mortgage to pay on it? if you get a cash sum, will you be using this to clear your other debts, leaving you just with the remaining mortgage payment?

Hope the sun is shining where you are tomorrow and that you have a lovely weekend. Ramble x
  • SophieLoui23
    Options
    ramblehan wrote: »
    Hi lovely. Sounds like you are having a really tough time. I would kick up a stink about the nectar points - that's so annoying and really not your fault.

I am going to keep my fingers crossed for you with the auction - you never know what might happen on the day....Just so I understand, once it's sold, you'll possibly still have a mortgage to pay on it? if you get a cash sum, will you be using this to clear your other debts, leaving you just with the remaining mortgage payment?

Hope the sun is shining where you are tomorrow and that you have a lovely weekend. Ramble x

Thanks Ramble. It's days like these when the support from lovely strangers like you makes everything just a bit more bearable.

There's one more viewing on the BTL property next week before it goes to auction on Thursday. I'm praying that more people show up to that or that there are some 'blind bidders' on the day. I'll let you know as soon as I have an update.

Once the property is sold, the money will go straight to the BTL mortgage. If there is any extra money left outstanding on the mortgage once the sale has completed, it will be up to me to arrange to pay it off in instalments. I'm praying that the bids reach £35k or over but at the moment that looks unlikely...

After feeling a bit miserable about everything yesterday, I had a bit of a pamper session using beauty products that I had at home, plucked and tinted my eyebrows and painted my nails with a bright colour. It seems silly but it brighten my mood :) I've used up the last of my perfumes, had a look online at some 'smell-a-likes' for my fav perfume and I've seen that L*dl do a replica for £3.99 instead of £70! Once I can justify that small expense, I will purchase a bottle of the L*dl one :j Until then, I've dug out a scented body lotion that came in a perfume gift set :o

Friend came round last night and brought take away curry with them. A luxury that I just can't afford at the mo and luckily they understand that and insisted it was on them. I had a bottle of (Sainsbobs House) wine which we opened and was surprisingly good so will purchase again at £4.50, when I'm in a better position money wise.

Been cold all day, so I've just had a hot shower, curled up on the sofa with the dog who is also cold and wearing her dog rug. Dinner tonight is leftover curry and a glass of wine.

Money wise, I've signed off JSA. I couldn't face going back to the job centre and being told that I had to do something unrelated to qualifications. I've seen that a local supermarket are looking for a number of online shoppers with shifts 4-8am :eek: Crazy early but I'm willing to do it to cover a majority of the bills and leave me time during the day to look for office based positions. Will apply tonight.

Sainsbobs said they couldn't refund the money yesterday, so have sent me a £50 voucher to use on my next shop. Not too pleased but hey.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far :beer:
  • SophieLoui23
    Options
    Just applied for my student finance for my degree course. Fingers crossed it all goes through smoothly.

Property goes to auction tomorrow :j I've got everything crossed that it reaches the reserve price.

Just about to transfer the £50.77 money over to my Dad (money made from eBay sales) so that the emergency credit card he gave me can be paid off. Then need to spend more time on job applications.

Hope everyone is having a good week so far :)
  • SophieLoui23
    Options
    And I'm back!

BTL sold just under guide at £32,500 but the auctioneer used their discretion and sold it. By the time fees and solicitor bill is taken off, I should be left with a few pounds over £30k. Just waiting for it all to go through - completion should happen within the next three weeks. All money will go to paying off the outstanding mortgage on that house.

Nothing else really to report. Was offered a job but then the position was revoked due to changes internally and in the meantime I had cancelled another interview :mad:

Been a bit of a spend day :( £20 petrol top up, bag of animal feed £5.07, couple of grocery bits £3.60 and a new tyre as the other one had an irreparable puncture £36 :(

Looking forward to the weekend. Meeting my dad for lunch (he'll pay), have a party tomorrow eve (v low spend) and seeing the new BJD movie on Sunday using voucher code :)

Hope everyone's okay x
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hey. Great that it sold, but not great that it went so cheap. How much will this leave you to pay off?
    You still sound like you are doing a fair bit to me - you've paid more off your dad so that's progress, however small it may seem.
    Good luck with the job hunting. Something will come along!
  • SophieLoui23
    Options
    ramblehan wrote: »
    Hey. Great that it sold, but not great that it went so cheap. How much will this leave you to pay off?
    You still sound like you are doing a fair bit to me - you've paid more off your dad so that's progress, however small it may seem.
    Good luck with the job hunting. Something will come along!

Hi Ramble :)
    Thanks for your kind words. There will be just under £6k left on the mortgage from this property. BUT my total debt will be less than £20k (providing my sums work out) so I suppose that is a positive :)

Hope you are okay! Need to catch up on your diary x
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    How are things Sophie x
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • SophieLoui23
    Options
    monz wrote: »
    How are things Sophie x

Hey Monz, things are okay thanks. Started my college course this evening which has made me feel a lot more positive :)
    Money wise - I've made some massive sacrifices over the past weeks, cutting back on virtually everything and giving a few things up for the time being but it's meant that I am no worse off financially than I was a couple of weeks back. Waiting for the money to come in from the house sale and ramping up the job search.
    How are you and how is your eye now? xx
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    its all healed woo!! my eyes white lol xx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • SophieLoui23
    SophieLoui23 Posts: 198 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 25 September 2016 at 8:34PM
    Options
    monz wrote: »
    its all healed woo!! my eyes white lol xx

Yay!! Glad you're better :)

Hope everyone has had a good weekend. I've had fairly low spend one. Desperately needed some new clothes, so went on a charity shop haul on Friday and came back with a huge pile of clothes!! My mum had given me £40 the week before and I spent a total of £52, so just £12 of my own cash. Got some lovely pieces, including a Harrods cashmere scarf and a Ralph Lauren cardigan, as well as a couple of skirts, dresses, cardigans, jeans and a coat. Very pleased. Before my LBM I would happily spend £50 on a couple of tops. I think charity shop trips will the way forward for the foreseeable future. I used to just buy books from them but I found some incredible bargains, some still with the labels on. Must make sure I limit this 'cheaper' way of shopping though, else it will soon add up.

Just sold my other car :j Got £2,200 for it. Waiting for the money to clear (bank transfer), then I'll pay £2,100 off my car loan and keep £100 to pay off a bill that's headed my way.

Need to chase up my solicitor tomorrow to get a confirmed completion date for the BTL house. Cannot wait to pay a big chunk of the debt off and update my figures :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure