IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Premier Parking Solutions

Anyone had a ticket from premier parking solutions?
We have had one from premier parking solutions.
Went to the parking ticket machine to get a free ticket for 90mins, was gone form car for 2mins, got back to find a ticket for £70 within 7 days or £100

can this be ignored?

thanks

Comments

• Driver8
    Driver8 Posts: 743 Forumite
    Anyone had a ticket from premier parking solutions?
    We have had one from premier parking solutions.
    Went to the parking ticket machine to get a free ticket for 90mins, was gone form car for 2mins, got back to find a ticket for £70 within 7 days or £100

can this be ignored?

thanks

In one word, yes.

Also all the rest of the begging letters you will get too.

The house of PPC is crumbling.........eheheheheheh
  • cb1979
    cb1979 Posts: 221 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi,Yes do not pay them or contact them
    A member of my family got a ticket from them just over a Year ago now starting at £70 for a quick payment or £100 after 14 days
    We ignored it and they got the owners details from the DVLA
    We sent them a template letter and a copy of the valid ticket,and their response was to hand us over to one of their partner companys,Valley Enforcement who sent us an invite to pay them £130
    We ignored this and the handed us over to their Partner Company,CCS Collect who sent us a few nasty threatining letters and the final was a notice of a 72 hour home visit.
    This was recieved at the end of October last year and no contact since
    Premier Parking solutions have been getting alot of bad press in the town where we live,a 3 week article and now a local MP is trying to speak to them but the refuse to answer any questions
  • alexperez
    alexperez Posts: 16 Forumite
    cb1979 wrote: »
    Hi,Yes do not pay them or contact them
    A member of my family got a ticket from them just over a Year ago now starting at £70 for a quick payment or £100 after 14 days
    We ignored it and they got the owners details from the DVLA
    We sent them a template letter and a copy of the valid ticket,and their response was to hand us over to one of their partner companys,Valley Enforcement who sent us an invite to pay them £130
    We ignored this and the handed us over to their Partner Company,CCS Collect who sent us a few nasty threatining letters and the final was a notice of a 72 hour home visit.
    This was recieved at the end of October last year and no contact since
    Premier Parking solutions have been getting alot of bad press in the town where we live,a 3 week article and now a local MP is trying to speak to them but the refuse to answer any questions

would this still apply, got a parking ticket today in Crawley and was 4 minutes over the time..was funing at paying 100 fine for this. I am slightly scared about not answering the ltters or paying though?? It will be my luck that they do actualyl come to my house, living with my parents still so this wouldnt be good? This would be just my luck, any good advice out there?
  • alexperez wrote: »
    would this still apply, got a parking ticket today in Crawley and was 4 minutes over the time..was funing at paying 100 fine for this. I am slightly scared about not answering the ltters or paying though?? It will be my luck that they do actualyl come to my house, living with my parents still so this wouldnt be good? This would be just my luck, any good advice out there?

The scam is mail based. They don't do home visits.
    They are not going to waste fuel driving all the way to your house just to be told to sod off.

Carry on ignoring!
  • I have just received my first ever PPC - thanks to all for sound advice.

I will keep all letters related to this and post it on this forum - I also vow to inform other people of these scamming ne'erdowells at every opportunity.
  • The exact same thing is happening to me right now. I received a parking ticket in Crawley in July 2011 for 75.00 and was parked for 5 mins. I have appealed it 3 times now to Valley Enforcement who have written back refusing to waiver the fine. I have now recvd a letter from CCS on behalf of Premier Parking Solutions. I rang and spoke with someone there who has advsd I have to take this up further with PPS as CCS are only acting on their behalf (all v. confusing - I think that's the idea?!) Do I just ignore this now and hope it will all go away? I am slightly worried as the correspondence from CCS was actually sent to my Grandmothers house which is my old address and the last thing I'd want is someone turning up there? I have been trying to appeal this in what I feel is the right way rather than ignoring them but reading this forum am wondering if just ignoring them now will make them give up or have I made it worse for myself by previously contacting these people and disputing so many times? Help!
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    missbh, just to put your mind at rest. This is not a FINE, it's an unenforceable invoice. Nobody will turn up at anyone's house. Please don't confuse powerless debt collectors with proper bailiffs. The latter would only come on the scene in the very, very unlikely event that it case goes to court, you lose and then you don't pay whatever the judge orders. So relax, don't worry and don't contact these clowns again.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Thank you for the advice. I am still slightly unsettled but will wait this out and ignore them from now on and hopefully they will give up...
  • bondy_lad
    bondy_lad Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    missbh,, please dont worry, doesnt matter what you have done/not done so far,, now this is what you do from now on,,,oh, yes,, you have guessed it in one,,,ignore,,,they prey on the vulnerable and honest folk trying to con them out of their hard earned money,,,do not give it to them,relax,feet up,glass of wine, keep coming back here for reassurance if you need it.
  • bromsgrovebarry
    bromsgrovebarry Posts: 806 Forumite
    edited 4 November 2011 at 8:52AM
    Missbh, nobody is telling you to do something that we have not done ourselves. I routinely ignore threatening letters from private parking parasites and like everybody else, have not been taken to court. The letters are designed to scare you, they have no legal validity.
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure