Days Out Quick Deals Note discussion

Options

Comments

• shrrind
    Options
    i think this is a con-i've tried every day and performance time at the lowest price-none are available. so i tried every day and performance time at the any price and for every one only £60 tickets were available-in other words you can take your kids for free but it will cost the adult £60. i don't think this is a cheap day out or a good deal.
  • liamb_2
    liamb_2 Posts: 52 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Totally agree, was really excited abou this offer but it looks like only the most expensive tickets are available, what a waste of time for those who might actually have had a chance to go to the theatre at a reasonable price for once!
  • bgwuser
    bgwuser Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    Chester Zoo has half price admission for the last two hours the zoo is open EVERY DAY . Check on the www.chesterzoo.org website for opening times each day (usually closes at 5pm or 6pm). Children under 3 are free every day.

August 21st 2009 is a Lazy Summer Evening when the zoo will be open until 9pm but it's half price entry from 4pm....check website before you go to make sure. When I checked today -it looks like it closes at 6pm but there is extra info about the evening on a link below the times. Went to this last month and it was value for money although some of the animal houses were closed and none of the food outlets were open but there was a BBQ where burgers etc were available to buy...or save more money and take a picnic!!

www.cheshiredaysout.co.uk has loads of vouchers for numerous days out, including free child with 2 full paying adults at Chester Zoo.

Hope this helps with school holidays and the credit crunch...
  • Ray_Williamson
    Options
    Watford Concerts are repeating their offers of tickets for the autumn season of Classical Music Concerts at Watford Colosseum.
    If you are under 25 and in full-time education or otherwise unwaged you can go free.
    The rest of us can get in half price if we book by the end of August.
    And we can save another 50% by booking for all six concerts. That`s a full 75% off.
    If you are unsure about the full programme there is a "taster" scheme for £5.
    There is a £2 fee for card payments, but you can avoid this by sending a cheque to the Tadworth address. Include a SAE if you would like tickets sent by post, otherwise you can pick them up on the night.
    There is a very good programme, with Vladimir Ovchinnikov as the soloist on the first night, on 24th September.
    If you are wondering how they can put on professional symphony concerts for £5 a seat, they cannot! They do welcome donations, particularly under Gift Aid, which is highly tax-efficient.
    Full details: www.watfordconcerts.com
  • Rider99
    Rider99 Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All,

This Summer the British Music Experience, Britain’s interactive museum of popular music, is dedicating itself to music fans of the younger generation. Not only will all kids go free* until 28th August, but there will be a host of music events tailored specifically for them within the exhibition: From learning to DJ, to being a pop stylist for the day, African drumming, to learning the latest street dance moves. Just turn up anytime between 11am and 2pm on any event day to take part in any of the sessions. For more information go to www.britishmusicexperience.com/kids

August
    1st - Junk Orchestra! - It’s not junk if you can play it, come and learn how drums aren’t the only thing you can bang for a beat.

4th - Spittin’ & Scratching – A Hip Hop Masterclass with Rolling Sound. If you’re a young rapper/MC or DJ, come along and get tips from the pros. We’ll also be on the look out for talented performers for a major new London hip hop project happening in the Autumn, aimed at those with experience but keen beginners are also welcome.

5th - African Drumming – Jump in the giant drum circle and play a huge mix of African instruments.

6th, 7th & 8th - Learn to DJ with the British DJ & MC Academy - Mix on the decks with the pros, add your vocals and create your own beat – add to our music masterpiece and download it when you get home.

11th, 12 & 13th - Get the look with a top pop stylist and make-up artist with their wardrobe of never ending costumes & colours. Learn how the looks were put together from the 1950s right through to the present day.

14th & 15th - Customise your t-shirt. Bring a t-shirt to and get creative - stitch it! glue it! draw it! and then wear it . . .

18th, 19th & 21st - Rewind<< The whole family can take a part in a musical journey back to a time when Mum & Dad were actually in fashion and listen to the music they got down to.

20th & 22nd - Funtastic! The sensational pop group for children and headliners at this year’s Glastonbury Kids Field will be performing an exclusive gig just for kids.

25th, 26th, 28th & 29th - Street Dance Class - drop in and get the moves from the dance experts behind professional street dance teams Hypnotik and Peridot, the best routines, the newest moves, come and shake-it .

27th - Professional street dance teams Hypnotik and Peridot perform their latest crowd pleasing routines and then teach YOU how to do it.
    • 1 Child aged 6-16 goes free for every Adult with a full-price ticket. Under 6 do not pay admission.
    My wife & son will be going along to the street dance class at least (I can't however due to work - bah!)
  • Jennicat
    Options
    Sudeley Castle in the Cotswolds and nearby Gloucestershire Warwickshire Steam Railway are offering a joint family ticket for the August Bank Holiday (29th - 31st August.

The Family Ticket is £35 and applies for 2 adults and 3 children, so there's an overall saving of £20 per family on the usual prices for that combination of people across the two attractions.

Sudeley Castle has gorgeous gardens, a fab kids play area with a giant wooden fort, slide and zip wire and is the one where Liz Hurley got married.

The steam railway runs between Cheltenham and Toddington, stopping off at Winchcombe which is the town where the Castle is situated. All in all an hour and a half round trip with lovely countrywide to see from the train and the nostalgic sights, sounds and smells of the steam train!

The best bit about the joint ticket (apart from saving £20!) is that you don't have to visit the 2 attractions on the same day, you can spend a day at each. So that works out at £17.50 for each day out and £3.50 per person per day out - bargain!

You can buy the tickets in advance from Sudeley. See the Sudeley Castle website and click on the link for 'Steam Along to Sudeley'

Jennie :T
  • orangesherbert
    Options
    21st-25th October. Tickets on a Wednesday are £5 and kids under 11 go free. I went to the show last year with my kids and we had our photo taken with husky dogs and went on an ice rink for the price of a ticket. They loved it
  • KitchenGardener
    Options
    There are many 241 deals at attractions within the heart of england. You just have to print the relevant voucher and take it with you. Varied offer end dates. However, if, like me you haven't a printer many vouchers have a coupon number which I have quoted on admission to the attraction which has also worked. You could aways send an e-mail too with an attachment of the voucher!

Visit the website (visittheheart.co.uk) and click on 'all' top ten offers in bottom right corner.

Hawkstone park and follies is an excellant day out and with the voucher you can save £6. (page 6) Take a picnic and enjoy the views.

Kitchen Gardener
  • sarahlucy_2
    sarahlucy_2 Posts: 731 Forumite
    Options
    If you go to the Argos main home page: www.argos.co.uk and enter their competition - all correct entries will be given a summer pass which you can print off straight away - the answer can be found in their new catalogue..

Leisure pass contains 4 cut out coupons for the following:

Kids travel for £1* on National Express Coaches (T+C apply)
    35% off your leisure stay plus 20% off food and drink at Holiday Inn
    (T+C apply)
    Bowl for £1 at Hollywood Bowl or Charrington Bowl (T+C apply)
    Free Starter or Dessert with any main meal at Little Chef (T+C apply)

HTH
    Sarah
    p.s have just posted this on the freebies (no spend required) board
    "Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Please remember Quidco!! - I always forget to put that in my posts :o - but not any more :A
  • chocolatepennyfarthing
    Options
    Where abouts is competition please.
    Jan Grocery challenge
    Budget £350 - Spent £64.45 to date
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts