PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2016 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Comments

• lilian1977
    lilian1977 Posts: 5,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Wort - you can do that with Freesat:

Choose a Freesat+ HD box if you want the freedom to pause, rewind & record TV, subscription free.

If you'd like to roll back the TV Guide through the past seven days of TV and watch programmes from a range of On Demand services, choose a smart set-top box.
    My debt free diary | Post Office loan: £5,000 | Virgin Credit Card: £4079.19
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Well I was right, 2 fairly long drives (one in appalling traffic), 2 long days at the event and workjng yester was KnAcker1ing! I had to have a nap when I got home last evening:rotfl:
    Still feel a bit jaded, must be my age catching up witth me....

on a positive note, while puttting away clothes from trip I Kondo'd a blouse I have never liked or worn (DH persuaded me to buy it because he likes the colours but somehow it does not sit right). Also 3 books into CS bag, a scarf, a jumper (nice but colour does not suit me), a coat that also does not sit right (bit of a pattern here, maybe I am a funny shape,? :D) and a nightie that has thin straps that never stay in place and I don't like it enough to alter them!

The above random kondo-ing surpirsed me but the items just presented themselves and the time was right.

It feels so good, doesn't it, just to be able to let go like that. There is no strong emotion either to
    keep or to fling, it just feels right to put the items in the bag to go. A sort of calm and rational moment that takes place without much effort - Joy!

Have got 2 loads of washing done but weather not so good so it's draped around the house with the windows open to air it (thank goodness for fast spin on washer!).

Right off to make low carb lunch as I want to lose at least 5lbs before the next trip away in August - visit to parents so Hope to be able to kondo there, admittedly I will never reach the pinnacle of MK that GQ achieves at her parental home, but I wil try hard! :D
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • lucy_lemon
    lucy_lemon Posts: 276 Forumite
    wort wrote: »
    We had a dog called Roger ! Again already named when we took him on ! But the look on people's faces when asked his name was priceless :p
    Long day at work looming so best get cracking!

Jumping in here (I should be listing stuff on ebay) just to say I don't get it! What's funny about dogs called Roger? I feel like I'm missing something major...
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I have confined myself to barracks today with the beginnings of a head cold and low energy, so have been doing 15 minute bursts on the paperwork mountain again, getting on well with 2012 and 2013, have to go slowly so as not to overwork the shredder, not to self must feed it with an oily sheet of paper soon. I resorted to putting a large crammed bag of shredding in the general waste collection today and will have to do so again, smacks own hand for not keeping up with the admin and being able to utilise it in the compost bins or the green bin.

Wet morning here, very dreary and lowering, but brightening nicely now:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Get better soon, maddie.

I think the paperwork category is the worst. But today I have emptied another box file of training materials and have a nice big bag of recycling to go out. Can't fathom why I kept workbooks because if/when I want to refresh on a topic it's much easier to nip online rather than digging through booklets...

Well done MMF, random feels so right sometimes!
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    lucy_lemon wrote: »
    Jumping in here (I should be listing stuff on ebay) just to say I don't get it! What's funny about dogs called Roger? I feel like I'm missing something major...

Roger the Dog????

:rotfl:

:o
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    VJsmum wrote: »
    Roger the Dog????

:rotfl:

:o

We had 'roger the cat' :rotfl: and got some funny looks till I learned to mention him as 'our cat roger' Which thinking about it is possibly worse depending if you put a comma and pause in the statement:eek:
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    We had 'roger the cat' :rotfl: and got some funny looks till I learned to mention him as 'our cat roger' Which thinking about it is possibly worse depending if you put a comma and pause in the statement:eek:

I actually had a lodger once named Roger.

It was NOT funny....
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    It was an urban myth that Captain Pugwash had Roger the Cabin Boy

In fact he was called Tom :(

But they did have Master Bates :rotfl:
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    VJsmum wrote: »
    It was an urban myth that Captain Pugwash had Roger the Cabin Boy

In fact he was called Tom :(

But they did have Master Bates :rotfl:
    :) And the writers of the Magic Roundabout series were stoned at the time, as confirmed to me by the son of one of them who went to the same art college as wot I did.

Not that would be much of a surprise to us, I expect.

Can't wait until my freegle pick-up tomorrow.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills