PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - help and support in tough times

Comments

• Doveling
    Doveling Posts: 704 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Can I join in please? :)
    I'm Doveling.
    I'm mature and voluptuous with lots of laughter lines and I walk with an interesting sway........

(o.k. old, fat and wrinkly with a limp but a positive self image is everything isn't it? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:)

Generally happy but some rubbish happening at the minute so I may ask for a collective shoulder to cry on at some point.

Glad to meet you all :D
    Not dim ;) .....just living in soft focus :p
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Better get some wood, hammer and nails, nuatha, looks like the Garden Fence might need extending!
    One life - your life - live it!
  • stiltwalker
    stiltwalker Posts: 1,319 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good afternoon all - Happy New Thread! and thanks for starting it off nuatha.

A warm welcome to all, new, old and former lurkers.

Just a quick post before I go to pick up Little Miss Stilty from school, she had her fitting for her new wheelchair this morning - it is going to change her life, she is going to be so much more mobile in it. Just need to wait for it to be custom built for her - it should be ready for the week after the Easter hols, all being well.

Take care all - catch you soon - X
  • cat4772
    cat4772 Posts: 2,467 Forumite
    Happy new thread - between 2006 and 2009 I was a regular MSE forumite but for the past 6 years I have dipped in and out (depending on the demands of motherhood, work, life and the rest of it). But now I'm back and certainly need all the tips i can find to help tame the financial beast once and for all!

Cat.x
    DFW Nerd Club #545 Dealing With Our Debt
    :onever attribute anything to malice which can be adequately explained by stupidity, [paranoia or ignorance] - ZTD&[cat]
    :othe thing about unwritten laws is that everyone has to agree to them before they can work - *louise*

March GC £113.53 / £325
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Nice to see a shiny new thread, I'm a lurker rather than a poster, but if you make sure the fence is low enough for me to see over (I'm only 4'11) I'll try to post more often.
    I finally managed to reduce my hours at work a few weeks ago, it's taken 2 years to get it approved!
    I was hoping to get more housework & sewing done by finishing early but so far I seem to have spent most of my time either helping my DD's or running extra errands for hubby.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Oooh shiny new thread! Hello all. Having a crafty day in an attempt to finish all those jobs that have piled up and doing ok.

Have been running down both freezers since Christmas and they are nearly empty now :j Ready for me to be super organised when I shop :rotfl:
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
  • nuttyp
    nuttyp Posts: 2,035 Forumite
    Nice. New thread. I hope we can all chat along... I'm feeling yuck today, so no painting getting done. Have to be better tomorrow as the oven cleaning man will be here at 10 am. I can't use oven cleaners as last time I nearly killed myself on the fumes....
    :D:D BSC member 137 :D:D

BR 26/10/07 Discharged 09/05/08 !!!

Onwards and upwards - no looking back....
  • nuatha
    nuatha Posts: 1,932 Forumite
    Better get some wood, hammer and nails, nuatha, looks like the Garden Fence might need extending!

Fencing I can do, reduced height to accommodate a special request means the timber goes further - that would make it a more MSE fence.
    As a result of baking for a birthday party, there's rather a lot of chocolate cake looking for mouths to feed.
  • gran3
    gran3 Posts: 239 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I'm going to try and raise my own tommy plants this year. I have the seeds and compost and was planning to sow them in old ice cream containers. Any tips anyone? Do I need to enclose the pots in a plastic bag?
    Don't have a greenhouse but do have a sunny kitchen windowsill.
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    i have a bus pass (thank you, Boris!!!) and hair is definitely grey but not sure I fit otherwise
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure