PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The KonMarie method

1959960961962963965»

Comments

• Thank you so much to VfM4meplse for introducing me to this concept.
    TH
  • I Can't believe it's almost a year since I first read about the KonMarie method on here. Well I'm delighted to say that I've done the whole house and the garage over the last year! The best part is that it's stayed that way. Now that everything has a place it seems to go back there:D So we don't really need to tidy as everything is already in it's place. Only failure has been my grown up son's room as unless I'm in there every day to re-do clothes etc it's just a mess. So I decided to admit defeat and close the door:D It's true what she says in the book that you will only have to tidy once:T
    Feb GC £80 per week (Well I'm gunna try:whistle:)
    Diet starts today(31/12/16)! Only 18lbs to lose:eek:

4/2/16 - 13lbs to lose:D
    11/2/16 - 12lbs to lose:D
    3/3/16 - 11lbs to lose:D
  • morocha
    morocha Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    This a very interesting thread and I am enjoying reading all your experiences.
    Ive started to de-clutter my house last week ( before I heard of the MK method) as my 8yo said to me if I could stop buying her clothes as she had no more space.... game on I thought.

This past week I got rid of 3 bags of clothes after sorting out my two kid's wardobes and another 2 bags full of toys ( montessori method, no need for lots of toys, just a few according to interest and age)
    Yesterday I had done my wardrobe, incredible.. another 3 bags gone but still one more to go.
    I need to read the MK book to do my toilet, living room and my kitchen.Can't wait.
    Mejor morir de pie que vivir toda una vida de rodillas.
  • Ches
    Ches Posts: 1,120 Forumite
    Morocha there is a new thread for 2016 so if I were you I would repost on there
    Mortgage and Debt free but need to increase savings pot. :think:
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    greent wrote: »
    See what you think of this as a possible start
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=69806464&posted=1#post69806464

Post 3 will be for blog links and articles mentioning MK

Post 2 for other useful links
    Post 4 for links for disposing of things

This is the link to the new kondo thread please join us on there.:)
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Aaleigha
    Aaleigha Posts: 615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I Can't believe it's almost a year since I first read about the KonMarie method on here. Well I'm delighted to say that I've done the whole house and the garage over the last year! The best part is that it's stayed that way. Now that everything has a place it seems to go back there:D So we don't really need to tidy as everything is already in it's place. Only failure has been my grown up son's room as unless I'm in there every day to re-do clothes etc it's just a mess. So I decided to admit defeat and close the door:D It's true what she says in the book that you will only have to tidy once:T

this is so inspiring

well I know that one of rules is not to buy storage BUT
    at the weekend we went and bought ourselves some storage we have been saving for it for 3 months.

However buying this one far more suitable unit means we get rid of THREE other pieces of furniture - so I am happy with that.

This has made it so much easier to Konmari my things - all my shoes both winter and summer are done and have a new far more appropriate storage space, need to finish my other clothing and now I have the space to sort it.

I need to get as many NSD as possible this month so a day in tomorrow and that should I hope see the back of the clothes
    so far 1 bin bag to a friend 2 to charity shop one to clothing bank and about 10 items to be ebayed - how on earth did I manage to acquire so many items of clothing. Well I have been buying things (charity shop) or been given things due to weight loss - but kept stuff that was too big - just in case it looks good with a belt :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: why wear a belt on a size 22/24 when I am now a size 16,

Off to do a bit more before bedtime -

hope you are all doing well.
    Emergency fund £10,000
    Several categories with savings in
    Cars, house maintenance, birthdays
    Etc I have about 10 categories

Really happy to be debt free after being a compulsive spender
  • Fen1
    Fen1 Posts: 1,577 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    This thread is CLOSED.

Please join us on the 2017 thread.
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    New thread here, ill close this now to save confusion

ta Zip
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business