Long Term Partner Becoming Personal Trainer (Jealousy etc)

Comments

• Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,620 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    You sound very immature, jealous and probably over possessive. . Quite honestly I think the best thing you can do is let her go and not enter another relationship ship until you've learned how to trust people and respect the way they want to earn a living.
  • Just trying to work out (no pun intended) why anyone would find another person sexy when that person is sweaty & smelly.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    NoNoDrama wrote: »
    Well the jealously is industry specific .. she works with mostly men now and it's never been an issue.

We can pretend affairs aren't common in the personal trainer world but we'd all be kidding ourselves, anyone who has worked in a gym will tell you the stories.

I do accept it's my issue not hers. I wouldn't dream of asking her not to pursue it, she'd just end up hating me plus she's so determined would probably tell me to just jog on anyway.

There is no way but to end it. If her future career is more important than me I shouldn't be with her anyway.
    Just grow up.
  • I'm not biting to bored hermits but it's quite common knowledge....granted the combo is usually male trainer > female.

Of the multitude of google results here is a marriage forum discussing how rife it is...

http://talkaboutmarriage.com/general-relationship-discussion/28877-personal-trainers-affairs-2.html

But of course it doesn't happen at the gyms people on here go to and they've already conveniently had that conversation with gym staff haha.
  • decbel
    decbel Posts: 2,804 Forumite
    My Mrs works frontline in retail.

She is well endowed and sometimes attracts attention from 'admirers' shall we say.

Do I get jealous, no.

She comes home to me.
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    OP I neither know, nor care, how many personal trainers end up having affairs with their clients.

Bottom line is, you don't trust your partner not to do the same thing. You don't trust your partner.
    Full stop.

And so, as you don't trust your partner, you would be better ending it.
  • Pollycat wrote: »
    Just grow up.
    Your post rate is offensive. get out the house before giving others "advise".
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,656 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I can find you any number of threads/forums explaining how lizards are ruling the world. Doesn't make it true.

Now where did I put that heatlamp...
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • decbel wrote: »
    My Mrs works frontline in retail.

She is well endowed and sometimes attracts attention from 'admirers' shall we say.

Do I get jealous, no.

She comes home to me.

Fair play to you. Just hope no one richer/better looking comes along ;)
  • decbel
    decbel Posts: 2,804 Forumite
    NoNoDrama wrote: »
    Fair play to you. Just hope no one richer/better looking comes along ;)

That is the risk you take in life.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport