IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Claim defence

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,700 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Murlton wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Just received my LBC for the same site. Has anything else happened sincr your last post?

You can learn and be ready for what happens when, from LBC onwards and through the court process until winning at the hearing, in post #2 of the NEWBIES thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Murlton
    Options
    Hi Coupon-mad,

My situation is near identical to completelyfubars, it happened at the same place and probably around a similar time. The only difference is there could be an argument that the picture of my car shows one of its tyres slightly over the yellow hash marks. Its dark on the image and could be argued I guess.

The defence created in this post looks spot on, is this something thats created from scratch? Or is alot of it taken from existing defences? I'm just wondering how much of completelyfubars defence I can use for my own, with them being near identical.

Thanks guys
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The defence created in this post looks spot on, is this something thats created from scratch? Or is alot of it taken from existing defences? I'm just wondering how much of completelyfubars defence I can use for my own, with them being near identical.
    Most defences we see on here are copied from other defences and edited to suit the circumstances of the individual case.

Start your own thread (after reading the NEWBIES thread), stating full details of your case including how and why you were issued with a PCN in the first place. Do not say who was driving, refer only to "the driver".

Show us your draft defence and we will advise further.
  • completelyfubar
    Options
    Hi chaps
    Just had an email from Gladstones saying their client wishes to proceed and enclosing a copy of their questionnaire asking for a paper hearing or my 'genuine payment proposals' (how jolly nice of them :)
    Is it worth responding saying I will be asking for an oral hearing or just wait for my questionnaire in the post?
    TTFN
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    Well, what search on this entirely expected stage have yo udone already, to find out the answer?

Gladstone Special Directions and POSTS should give yo ua good start :)
  • completelyfubar
    Options
    To be honest I've done a lot of reading but not found whether or not to respond to this email... sorry.
    Obviously I will be responding accordingly when I get the questionnaire
    Cheers
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    But loads of threads talk about this letter and how to respond. I guess we find searching easy but try this:

If searching the forum is fruitless, just use Google:

gladstones straightforward site:forums.moneysavingexpert.com

or

gladstones straightforward site:forums.pepipoo.com

Searching any forum is soooo easy, even from Google. Just choose two keywords from any letter. This stage has been done to death on here and on pepipoo for more than a year.
  • completelyfubar
    Options
    Would never think to put straightforward in the search, no idea what that means?
    Still, I have googled it and spent an hour reading the results on my phone (I'm in hospital looking over my daughter who is I'll)
    Probably read most of the results before but still can't see whether to bother responding to GS letter.
    I'll assume that I don't and just wait for the questionnaire from the court
    Thanks guys
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Read the letter from Gladstones and pick out the unusual word...that's how Google and forum searches work best, doesn't everyone do that?

Of course the word straightforward is the obvious 'unusual' word in the letter to base a search on.
  • completelyfubar
    Options
    OK so the DQ arrived last week so I completed the online pdf version then printed/signed/scanned back to pdf then emailed it to Northampton & Gladstones. Much neater way of doing it :)
    Just been on MCOL and can see receipt of the DQ and that it has been transferred to my local court.
    So now I await my court date ...... time to start compiling my evidence!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure