Budget Wars - A New Hope (with apologies to George Lucas)

Comments

• Thank you for sharing your news bob. I have everything crossed for you x
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Glad you are back, missed you.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • f0xh0les wrote: »
    Glad you are back, missed you.

Me too!!

Fingers crossed all that looks good on the horizon comes off and you are back to life being slightly easier as soon as possible!

x
  • Good positive vibes Bob :D
    Glad your back, missed ya
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Morning Bob,

Sounds like things may be turning a corner, I have everything crossed that the surveyors get the rates reduced.

Lovely to see your post xx
  • Fingers crossed Bob. I hope this goes the way you want.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • The rates thing sounds amazing, everything crossed that it comes off for you, you really do deserve a break! x
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Just caught up on your diary Bob and really sorry you are having a tough time particularly with a little one to look after. Self employment is a minefield I was never brave enough to embark on. You are so dependent on other people doing what they say they will do and as we know they often don't come through. I hope at least you manage to get your rates bill reduced and your cash flow improves somewhat.

Does your local council have a self employed traders committee or group or something where you could put out feelers to share experiences/contacts etc?

As you say it is difficult to call time on it and try to go for working for someone else until you know the business is completely dead. The ups and downs must be completely frustrating. Perhaps it might be easier when your daughter has some paid nursery hours so you could have some back up employment to your business?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Just caught up on your diary Bob and really sorry you are having a tough time particularly with a little one to look after. Self employment is a minefield I was never brave enough to embark on. You are so dependent on other people doing what they say they will do and as we know they often don't come through. I hope at least you manage to get your rates bill reduced and your cash flow improves somewhat.

Does your local council have a self employed traders committee or group or something where you could put out feelers to share experiences/contacts etc?

As you say it is difficult to call time on it and try to go for working for someone else until you know the business is completely dead. The ups and downs must be completely frustrating. Perhaps it might be easier when your daughter has some paid nursery hours so you could have some back up employment to your business?

Hello ES

Thanks for your post.

I have been ramping it up on the networking front lately to meet others in a similar boat, not sure if the council do much to be honest.

The issue I have is I wont get a second go, so there is no good trying to do it all again when I do get any nursery hours. Its a now or never situation for this particular business. Because I spent a fortune doing it up in the first place. If I cant afford to keep it, the keys go back to the landlord and I walk away with nothing but experience, and a few extra wrinkles.... that is why it is doubly hard, because I either keep going or stop and say enoughs enough, and really Im the only one who knows if I should do that. And I dont!

Undoubtably things would be a million percent easier if I did have some child care, but I cant hide behind that as the reason it didn't work if it wont. It is the business itself.

And on that note whizzing off on the school run!

Take care

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Oh Bob, I really hope things pick up soon for you. Fingers crossed on the rates, that will be a step in the right direction xx
    Mummytogirls x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport