catching a train after a cancelled one

i cant seem to find this info,the only info i find is you are able to get a refund froma cancelled/delayed train

im catching a virign train from wolverhampton to milton keynes next week and was wondering if the 11.45 am was cancelled,will i be allowed on the 12.45pm one which is next as i used the trainline app to purchase them in adavance at the best price but is states this train only (11.45am) which is fine if it turns up.

if this scenerio takes place,will the inpector become a****y with me and demand i buy another ticket?

Comments

• Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You are allowed to catch the next train provided it is run by the same operator

If the train is cancelled get your ticket endorsed at the Wolverhampton ticket office to avoid any uncertainty on the train.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • dggar
    dggar Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    r_f wrote: »
    i cant seem to find this info,the only info i find is you are able to get a refund froma cancelled/delayed train

im catching a virign train from wolverhampton to milton keynes next week and was wondering if the 11.45 am was cancelled,will i be allowed on the 12.45pm one which is next as i used the trainline app to purchase them in adavance at the best price but is states this train only (11.45am) which is fine if it turns up.

if this scenerio takes place,will the inpector become a****y with me and demand i buy another ticket?

I hope you are aware that Trainline charge a booking fee. Far better to buy direct from the Train Operating Company.

Try this forum for advice about train travel

http://www.railforums.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=105
  • r_f
    r_f Posts: 4 Newbie
    yeah 75p ,didnt realise,do now and thanks for the replies
  • yorkie2
    yorkie2 Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    r_f wrote: »
    im catching a virign train from wolverhampton to milton keynes next week and was wondering if the 11.45 am was cancelled....
    What exactly is printed on the ticket?

I would be very surprised if you were not advised to take the 1150 to Birmingham New Street, for the 1230 onwards from there, resulting in a delay of 20 minutes rather than 60 minutes.
  • Altarf
    Altarf Posts: 2,916 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    dggar wrote: »

Do remember to be wearing your anorak if you venture over there.
  • notakid
    notakid Posts: 10,362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yes if it is rhe fault of the train company your ticket will be valid for the next service. Speak to tbe staff and they will issue you with an authority to travel and advise you of the next service availavle to you.
    But if ever I stray from the path I follow
    Take me down to the English Channel
    Throw me in where the water is shallow And then drag me on back to shore!
    'Cos love is free and life is cheap As long as I've got me a place to sleep
    Clothes on my back and some food to eat I can't ask for anything more
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family